• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Clegg

Can't wait for Andreas (we can call him that coz we know he's signing) to tell Potato Face to piss off in his first training session. He can play four sided triangles with Carrick, Fellaini and RVP.

Zabojnik

Reading that best anime thread in OT reminded me of how incredibly shit Gurren Lagann was.

Cluelessnights: Cowboy Bebop. Watch it now.

yella

Find the time for all three.

Edit: Seen Cowboy Bebop? If not, get started on that too.

This is the right answer.

Also, Cowboy Bebop has one of the best soundtracks of anything I have ever watched. Period.

EDIT:
Can't wait for Andreas (we can call him that coz we know he's signing) to tell Potato Face to piss off in his first training session. He can play four sided triangles with Carrick, Fellaini and RVP.

Four sided triangles lol

Scum

Fist of the North Star is quite a long and old school one. Manliest anime of the 80s. 151 episodes in total. Leave that for whenever but it's bloody good fun.

Go with...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Season 1 & 2
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Death Note

...for the moment.

K1LLER7

so which one do you think would sway someone who doesn't care for Anime into liking it?

what about Bacon's Ghost in the Shell?

A lot of people I know, started with Death Note.

Its pretty short, around 25 episodes.

Another to watch would be Samurai Champloo. Amazing anime & Music.

Also Hunter X Hunter, which is currently airing.

yella

Fist of the North Star is quite a long and old school one. Manliest anime of the 80s. 151 episodes in total. Leave that for whenever but it's bloody good fun.

Go with...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Season 1 & 2
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Death Note

...for the moment.

I'd also add Rurouni Kenshin to this list; at least to the end of the Shishio arc. It's a lot better if you watch it subtitled... that is, if you can stomach watching subbed anime.

EDIT:Killer pls. Cowboy Bebop is 26 episodes.

K1LLER7

I'd also add Rurouni Kenshin to this list; at least to the end of the Shishio arc. It's a lot better if you watch it subtitled... that is, if you can stomach watching subbed anime.

EDIT:Killer pls. Cowboy Bebop is 26 episodes.
What did I say? =P

I got confused lol.

K1LLER7

anime is for weirdos and Davido-kuns.

taeyeon_scared38lh7.gif

Zabojnik

Don't do this to me, Zabo :(

At least you like Cowboy Bebop.

I'm sorry, arkon. I watched it after reading about it on GAF, where it was being depicted as the greatest thing ever. Went in expecting it to reignite my (by then) dying love for anime and I thought it was everything that's wrong with anime today.

Cowboy Bebop is so much better it's not even comparable.

Meier

Cowboy Bebop is definitely top 3 or so of all time. The film is amazing too so you have that to look forward to once you finish the series.

arkon

I'm sorry, arkon. I watched it after reading about it on GAF, where it was being depicted as the greatest thing ever. Went in expecting it to reignite my (by then) dying love for anime and I thought it was everything that's wrong with anime today.

Cowboy Bebop is so much better it's not even comparable.

I guess if you're going into it with all that hype it's probably not going to live up to it. I watched it as it was airing or near enough and it was a blast from start to finish. Agreed on Bebop though. It's much better.

Sword. Art. Online

Watch it

Love it

-_-

SAOsuicide.gif

Zabojnik

I'm so glad I haven't seen Breaking Bad yet. That Spanish Breaking Bad is going to be my first taste. Can't wait.

I wouldn't even bother with BB at this point. Should've started watching before it became a big thing on GAF. There's no way it will live up to your expectations now. Same thing goes for Yurt and Mad Men. In fact, you should just kill yourself and end your misery. END IT.

Oh Giovinco, you had so much promise. :(

Zabojnik

You're wrong. You'll love it, it's fantastic for what it is.

Don't let the individual's awesome avatar fool you, he's wrong.

Seriously, what's so great about GL? God, I hated every single character. The plot is terrible and all over the place, much like in the majority of anime these days. It has no redeeming qualities. Why am I even posting about Gurren fucking Lagann at 5am?

arkon

I wouldn't even bother with BB at this point. Should've started watching before it became a big thing on GAF. There's no way it will live up to your expectations now. Same thing goes for Yurt and Mad Men. In fact, you should just kill yourself and end your misery. END IT.

Oh Giovinco, you had so much promise. :(

lol

I haven't followed it much on GAF (stayed away from all the threads) and I know barely anything of the show beyond the basic premise. It'll be a while before I get round to watching it anyway. By which point I will be well divorced of all the hype. In theory at least.

Top Bottom