• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Linius

Alright, signed to up Netflix, works great on the PC. I'm trying to get it to work on the PS3. Apparently all you need to do is change the primary/secondary DNS to a US one, but I'm not having any luck. :/ Anybody got it to work?

I can't really figure that out too so on PS3 I'll just stick to Dutch Netflix.

In other news, loved the pilot of Orange Is the New Black.

I really want Earthbound (Mother 2) off the eShop, I just know with GTA coming I'll never get to play it. It will be nice to play it on the gamepad though.

Nope, not at all. X can play with Y.

Of course there is, it's still the same game :p

Oh that's fantastic, well I'll just get the flashier box art. So Y!

Gotta fill that WiiU financial black hole somehow.

Please understand, you can buy both

I'm in a fanboy mood today, sometimes it just takes control :p

edit: Fucking Wilbury

We'll have plenty of time to mock Nintendo in the future, Reggie has just started.

subtles

is it too japanese or can a poor farmboy play it too?

i don't even know what it is or what its about apart from the fact its got that baseball bat fuck from smash bros

I honestly believe if you played it you'd call it GOAT. A game full of charm that isn't really the Japanese you hate, if one can call it Japanese at all.

Wilbur

Banned
It's full of weird humor but not a Japanese game as in being fucking stupid. Actually it's clever as fuck and just does some amazing things, if only this was easier to play.

Also at the start of the game it asks you what your favorite food is, type in cum, will make your whole family eat cum at the dinner table.

you now know what to get me for christmas

Alright, signed to up Netflix, works great on the PC. I'm trying to get it to work on the PS3. Apparently all you need to do is change the primary/secondary DNS to a US one, but I'm not having any luck. :/ Anybody got it to work?

I can't really figure that out too so on PS3 I'll just stick to Dutch Netflix.

In other news, loved the pilot of Orange Is the New Black.
I use a website called http://www.unblock-us.com/, very handy. Allows you to access all the regions.

Wilbur

Banned
I honestly believe if you played it you'd call it GOAT. A game full of charm that isn't really the Japanese you hate, if one can call it Japanese at all.

I don't know if I have a GOAT game. Fucks like Wooden have probably pigeon holed me because of the things I say in here lol, but I'd like to think I like a fair amount of games ;_;

for instance i love indie games like assassin's creed brotherhood and oblivion

FootballFan

I don't know if I have a GOAT game. Fucks like Wooden have probably pigeon holed me because of the things I say in here lol, but I'd like to think I like a fair amount of games ;_;

for instance i love indie games like assassin's creed brotherhood and oblivion

the last of us
ocarina of time
zone of the enders
war of the monsters
fifa 10

also Black Ops 2 and Bioshock Infinite

Wilbur

Banned
Have you played any of the Phoenix Wright games Wilbs? Or are they "too Japanese" for you?

We've definitely got one of them, think its just called Ace Attorney, on the DS. Haven't played much of it but what I have played I really liked, thought it was really funny. Nice easy game to play as well. I don't even like shit like Bayonetta where I gotta just fucking press square until my dick bleeds and its too busy and there's too much going on at one time and it just fucking sucks clit water.

Phoenix Wright had nice art style, was funny, was just a game where you use a little bit of thought and you take your time. I really liked it.

Wilbur

Banned
the last of us
ocarina of time
zone of the enders
war of the monsters
fifa 10

niMVtgw.gif

I forgot all about that :lol

IceCold

How well does Earthbound compare to Mother 3?

They are both great games. But Mother 3 has a more somber story. Some of the stuff that happens is pretty fucked up. But it retains the humour and charm of its predecessor. Personally I like it better.

Also I doubt it will ever get localised outside of Japan due to some of the content in it.

Wilbur

Banned
That's the one I can't get to work properly sadly enough. Would be great to have UK Netflix on my 360 or PS3 for Breaking Bad for instance. What did you do to make it work?

What is the Netflix you have on your PS3, is it a specific Dutch one?

Mine was on US earlier so I just deleted Netflix, reset the DNS and it automatically connected. Install again and it was gravy. Obviously I haven't a fucking clue if your Netflix is automatically American or a Dutchie one.

I use a website called http://www.unblock-us.com/, very handy. Allows you to access all the regions.

dean

please

FootballFan

We've definitely got one of them, think its just called Ace Attorney, on the DS. Haven't played much of it but what I have played I really liked, thought it was really funny. Nice easy game to play as well. I don't even like shit like Bayonetta where I gotta just fucking press square until my dick bleeds and its too busy and there's too much going on at one time and it just fucking sucks clit water.

Phoenix Wright had nice art style, was funny, was just a game where you use a little bit of thought and you take your time. I really liked it.

Objection!

Awesome game and nice soundtrack too. At least you liked it though lol.

They are both great games. But Mother 3 has a more somber story. Some of the stuff that happens is pretty fucked up. But it retains the humour and charm of its predecessor. Personally I like it better.

Also I doubt it will ever get localised outside of Japan due to some of the content in it.

That sucks, I'll just play Earthbound and hope I like it. Nintendo should use the digital platform to release Japan only games on the 3DS and Wii U, they don't need to treat it like a disc release .

How's the phone version of Phonix Wright, and is it coming to Android?

Pretty good, touch stuff works well. Should come soon to Android.

Linius

I have Dutch Netflix Wilbz. But unblock us should be able to give me access to all foreign versions of Netflix too.

I suppose you and FW can switch between countries on your PS3?

Wilbur

Banned
Objection!

Awesome game and nice soundtrack too. At least you liked it though lol.

that was funny looooooool

I got like 3 chapters or cases in I think. I really like Professor Leighton Baines as well, or at least the one I played.

I'm not all about explosions, babies
gta v will be the goat and we all know it

I watched trailers 1 and 2, the character trailers, the gameplay trailer and the online trailer today.

Twice.

I haven't been this excited for a game since GTA IV. And I still like that game, solid 7/10. But this is gonna be full marks. I can fucking feel it.

subtles

How well does Earthbound compare to Mother 3?

Storywise the final impact of Earthbound would really depend on whether you finished the first game imo. Earthbound's charm was more quirky while Mother 3 took the more gloomy route. The world in Mother 3 is also much smaller.

Graphically they are both beautiful but Mother 3 has less areas to see. Earthbound is quite the journey.

Everyone has their favorite so a direct comparison is difficult as there are conflicting opinions and I wouldn't want to burden you with mine, but rest assured both are wonderful games.

FootballFan

that was funny looooooool

I got like 3 chapters or cases in I think. I really like Professor Leighton Baines as well, or at least the one I played.

I'm not all about explosions, babies.

Was going to ask you about Professor Layton but gueniley thought you'd say "lolz kids puzzle games, so shit".

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright games made DS times so good.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury/Wilbur, play Okami.

Played the demo, was okay. Deleted the actual game off my PS3 earlier lol.

I've never finished a Zelda game is this bad

Never played the old ones, I'm at the bottom of the well on both N64 and 3DS Ocarina, got scared by having so little time on Majora's Mask, never played Wind Waker, looking for some lights on the ground or some bugs or something on Twilight Princess, played one of the DS games but only for like an hour, and only started Skyward Sword and then stopped on Christmas day to do something else.

am i even a gamer

Scum

Yo.

Never played the old ones, I'm at the bottom of the well on both N64 and 3DS Ocarina, got scared by having so little time on Majora's Mask, never played Wind Waker, looking for some lights on the ground or some bugs or something on Twilight Princess, played one of the DS games but only for like an hour, and only started Skyward Sword and then stopped on Christmas day to do something else.

am i even a gamer
Not even A Link to the Past on the SNES? You're dead to me, WilbZ.

Wilbur

Banned
Ah I liked SOTC. Controls weren't great and I only got up to the sixth or seventh Colossus because I was younger and it was pretty hard, but the concept was incredible and it looked and sounded gr8

Don't care for Ico tho. Was pretty bored by that. Why didn't he just fuck her

K1LLER7

am i even a gamer

Okami's around 50 hours long. Doubt you'd finish it lol.

If you want to play a Zelda game, I'd go with Wind Waker.

Have you played Mario and Luigi Dream Team?

Lightning

Banned

am i even a gamer
Twilight Princess is an amazing game. Your complaint = dismissed!

Wilbur

Banned
I just got tag quoted, avatar quoted, told that I'd been tag quoted before, quoted saying what the fuck and called someone's new favourite poster in the new Pokebomb thread. All because I said I didn't want to pick Fennekin.

pokemon gets people aggy

Not even A Link to the Past on the SNES? You're dead to me, WilbZ.

Didn't have one #MegaDrive4lyf

I must have played a flash remake of one of them at some point.

Wilbur pls. Complete Majora's Mask at least

but the time constraints ;_;. I know you can go back and shit but it scares me just thinking about it. I don't even like Mario Kart time trials because I can see my ghost ahead of me and I know I'm running out of time :lol

Okami's around 50 hours long. Doubt you'd finish it lol.

If you want to play a Zelda game, I'd go with Wind Waker.

Have you played Mario and Luigi Dream Team?

Is that the new 3DS one? Bro might have bought it

The only Zelda games worth playing are OoT and Wind Waker. Can't wait for the HD release!

Storywise the final impact of Earthbound would really depend on whether you finished the first game imo. Earthbound's charm was more quirky while Mother 3 took the more gloomy route. The world in Mother 3 is also much smaller.

Graphically they are both beautiful but Mother 3 has less areas to see. Earthbound is quite the journey.

Everyone has their favorite so a direct comparison is difficult as there are conflicting opinions and I wouldn't want to burden you with mine, but rest assured both are wonderful games.

First game? Mother 1? Is there even a way to play it today?

Which one do you like more? I wanna know!

That worked, thanks. Quality is up and down but it will do!

Scum

I just got tag quoted, avatar quoted, told that I'd been tag quoted before, quoted saying what the fuck and called someone's new favourite poster in the new Pokebomb thread. All because I said I didn't want to pick Fennekin.

pokemon gets people aggy

Didn't have one #MegaDrive4lyf

I must have played a flash remake of one of them at some point.

but the time constraints ;_;. I know you can go back and shit but it scares me just thinking about it. I don't even like Mario Kart time trials because I can see my ghost ahead of me and I know I'm running out of time :lol

Is that the new 3DS one? Bro might have bought it

Hopefully, your PS4 order will get screwed up and you're sent an Xbox One instead.

Yen

only zelda i came close to finishing was oot3d, but the save file glitched/corrupted before the final boss fight lol
excellent game though

Wilbur

Banned
Twilight Princess is an amazing game. Your complaint = dismissed!

I liked what I played of it, I think I'm in some village and I'm the wolf and I have to find all the lighty up bugs before I can progress and I just got bored looking for them.

I honestly don't know what I'm doing on a game forum

IRAQCITIZEN COME SAVE ME FROM THESE GODLESS HEATHENS

What constitutes too Japanese? Effeminate males with spikey hair? The colorful pictures? The Oro?

Yeah, really spiky and big hairstyles. All females have big breasts but look no older than eleven and they wear school girl clothing. Everyone seems to know magic. They always live in a land that shit went down in many years ago. There's always a dark prince or lord or some shit. There's too many stats and males with long hair. Everyone's eyes are bigger than their dicks.

I dunno, like what's supposed to be the best Final Fantasy, 7? I just looked at Wikipedia, the plot sounded good but all just very confusing and overly elaborate; same reason I can't really get on with MGS either. I've never played a Final Fantasy just because I look at the characters and they all just look like generic anime characters or something, with humongous swords and really long silver hair and collars on their coats.

Same reason I can't watch anime. It's all too... anime.

subtles

The only Zelda games worth playing are OoT and Wind Waker. Can't wait for the HD release!

First game? Mother 1? Is there even a way to play it today?

Which one do you like more? I wanna know!

That worked, thanks. Quality is up and down but it will do!

My friend from Japan gave me his copy of Mother 1+2 - Mother 3 on GBA a few years back as a parting gift. Some of the other people I know played it through........different means. My favorite was the second one, now being released as Earthbound on the Wii U. I loved Mother 3 and would probably say that one had the circumstances been different, but honestly, the second game was the culmination of the experience for me.

While playing the third game I was filled with memories of the one I had just played before, the goofiness of it all. Kind of how one fondly remembers a story after closing the book. I prefer to think of the games as one amazing journey however and I really hope you get to experience it as such.

Top Bottom