• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

kharma45

Well, we were playing what is likely to be the toughest match of the domestic season, City away. Should we (by the sounds of things, bear in mind I haven't seen anything yet) have played better and shown more fight? Of course. But turning around a 1-0 defecit away at our city rivals who always seem to turn it on for our matches is different than falling behind against Reading or a young Villa side and turning it around.

It's very early days. Fergie has been on the end of some absolute beatings as well. 6-1 vs City, 4-1 vs Liverpool, 5-0 vs Newcastle, a few shitty performances against Mou Chelsea v1.0

Hard to judge anyone just yet after five games. Real baptism of fire for Moyes.

I'm more annoyed at the fact that Moyes didn't try to change the game with subs. Only brought on Clev ffs.

Bluemoon, ladies and gentlemen:

iM3RPhFrYl4nn.jpg

Wireless keyboards, they're the futurepresent

:p

Wilbur

Banned
why the FUCK did u drag me into this

AND PULG U PROMISED NOT TO TELL ANYONE

Inevitability. Every day you don't sell Vidal/Pogba to us for a reasonable price of 13,000 dkr, I post Mumei images of u

Fair I think

I'm more annoyed at the fact that Moyes didn't try to change the game with subs. Only brought on Clev ffs.

Viva wondered whether that was Davers saying "well you got us into this, go and stew in it". I hope that was the case. If we'd brought Kagawa on and he'd have understandably had little impact we would have only had to read place on the bench, did nothing when coming on.

Real way to respond wouldn't be the subs he made today, 3-0 down immediately after half time (although you could argue that he showed none of the initiative Martinez did for example yesterday making 2 subs at half time), but who he picks for the next few games.

Evans, Nani, Zaja, Shinji, Fabio, Adnan. All of them deserve the chance to show that they're willing to fight for the club more than a lot of players did today.

Christ I don't half ramble when we've lost. Can't wait to get my Trevor on and mow down some cows.

It makes no sense. Even if the game was beyond turning, bringing on a few subs would get them valuable match time - something that certain squad members clearly need.

Meier

I saw someone mention Inter had won 7-0 earlier but now I just see that all 7 scorers were different. Has to be some sort of record? Or close to one.

Tc91

Game was long lost by the time Clev came on. Let's not pretend further subs would've got us a point.

When Cleverley came on all the stats turned in our favour. Possession, touches in their half, touches in their box, passes completed etc.

So why he didn't change it right on half time has puzzled me. Why wait until they score 2 more goals? It's easy to look at it in hindsight but that's how I feel.

What a poor poor game.

Wilbur

Banned
When Cleverley came on all the stats turned in our favour. Possession, touches in their half, touches in their box, passes completed etc.

So why he didn't change it right on half time has puzzled me. Why wait until they score 2 more goals? It's easy to look at it in hindsight but that's how I feel.

What a poor poor game.

You're so lucky your bro isn't in the house tonight :lol

Meier

Let it go man! City couldn't ever had more possible mojo to get him (Pellegrini, Spanish players and title challenge) and still failed. There would never be a possibility he'd reject Real.

I never will be able to. :*( At least Nasri was brilliant today -- he probably would have had to be off if we'd signed Isco.

Milito scored 2.

Except there weren't 7 different goal scorers. Milito scored two according to soccerway.

Ahhh okay, I was just reading down the list in sequential order and I guess my eyes scrolled over his first one. That's too bad.

kharma45

Viva wondered whether that was Davers saying "well you got us into this, go and stew in it". I hope that was the case. If we'd brought Kagawa on and he'd have understandably had little impact we would have only had to read place on the bench, did nothing when coming on.

Real way to respond wouldn't be the subs he made today, 3-0 down immediately after half time (although you could argue that he showed none of the initiative Martinez did for example yesterday making 2 subs at half time), but who he picks for the next few games.

Evans, Nani, Zaja, Shinji, Fabio, Adnan. All of them deserve the chance to show that they're willing to fight for the club more than a lot of players did today.

Christ I don't half ramble when we've lost. Can't wait to get my Trevor on and mow down some cows.

Na I don't think that was Moyes' idea, or he wouldn't have taken Young off. I think he just plain ran out of ideas and ended up sitting on the bench like a rabbit in headlights.

It makes no sense. Even if the game was beyond turning, bringing on a few subs would get them valuable match time - something that certain squad members clearly need.

Yeah throwing Nani, Chica, Kagawa on would've at least given them some game time and might've even got a second goal to make the scoreline slightly less embarrassing.

I'm just glad Giggs hasn't featured for a while. I'm hoping the same happens to Valencia and Young soon.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal have some insanely easy fixtures for the next month.

Yup. Outside of CL games, this injury crisis of sorts couldn't have come at a better time. Hopefully we pick up a lot of points along the way, no reason why we can't be top of the table when we go to Old Trafford.

cremino

because Balo is selfish. When it was Shaz and Pazzini up front there were lots of nice one two and Pazzini would just get his poaching goals. When Balotelli came he would just hold the ball up and wait for the foul. Completely left Shaz isolated.

It also does not help that when De Sciglio is injured, he has to come back and help up the scrubs they use at LB.

He is their best player but because of Balo he just is not able to play his natural game.

Btw Elsha is injured but I agree with what you said and I think Allegri is to blame for this. He failed to integrate Elsha and Balo

Btw Elsha is injured but I agree with what you said and I think Allegri is to blame for this. He failed to integrate Elsha and Balo

yeah I know he is interested, but he I think he was benched his last game out.

It really is a shame and I hope he, Balo and DeSciglio can all connect together to click for the world cup. Shaz can be the star of the world cup if Allegri does not kill his confidence this year.

Top Bottom