• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Looking forward to the game against Liverpool. A lot of the players I want to see should play that game.

Surely, right, surely?

At 2-0 or something I thought oh ffs we are gonna lose and Moyes is just gonna keep playing them to play it safe yadda yadda.

But after that, some of those guys cant be in the team for the next couple of games, surely not.

Rio, Smalling, Young, Valencia all out, at the absolute least.

Salvadora

Surely, right, surely?

At 2-0 or something I thought oh ffs we are gonna lose and Moyes is just gonna keep playing them to play it safe yadda yadda.

But after that, some of those guys cant be in the team for the next couple of games, surely not.

Why won't Moyes rotate?

United have the luxury of having one the the deepest squads in the league

subtles

ba5b1f9ab97e11e28e8222000aa82017_7.jpg

It's only getting started!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wait Arsenal scored all their goals from set plays today? Against Stoke?

That's a sackable offense for Hughes.

Tottenham tied 1st with 5 scored goals in 5 matches...

Only 1 conceded. The goals will come, as long as we keep on notching clean sheets we can win any match.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Surely, right, surely?

Nani, Rafa, Chicharito and Kagawa are on the bench.

Think about that for a minute.

arkon

Wow at the City - United score. I went out to cut the grass at half time when it was 2-0. More of the same domination from City in the second half?

Moyes seemed to talk a lot about sticking to the familiar faces to help get them through the difficult early fixtures. They haven't helped at all. Surely Young has to be further down the pecking order now. Give some of the newer players a chance even if they don't have the experience. Gotta be better than Young in the starting line up.

Wilbur

Banned
Reading through the thread

I can't stop laughing

This train, from teddington to London Victoria via Wimbledon

This is my crawl space

Manager

Why won't Moyes rotate?

United have the luxury of having one the the deepest squads in the league

They have the biggest squad of top-6, 27 players including 3rd choice keeper. City 23, Chelsea 25, Liverpool 24 etc. And Redcafe seems fuming that Kagawa, Nani and Chicarito aren't playing, then you have a big lot of players behind them too.

Ushojax

Maybe you meant this but, he touched it outside of the penalty box and apparently should've gotten a red (?) according to my commentators.

He did but at full speed it was a very close call. Slightly alarming that he handled outside of the box last week too.

DominoKid

They have the biggest squad of top-6, 27 players including 3rd choice keeper. City 23, Chelsea 25, Liverpool 24 etc. And Redcafe seems fuming that Kagawa, Nani and Chicarito aren't playing, then you have a big lot of players behind them too.

because it doesn't make any sense that Young and Valencia get to play. they should be lower on the list than Zaha and Januzaj on performance ffs. start playing Nani and Kagawa.

Wilbur

Banned
what is kip
its london for nap
moysey please save me
for it seems we were quite crap

london for nap
is what a kip is
im going to put needles
behind both my eye lids

a kip, a nap
whatever it may be
this is the end of young moysey

what is kip
its london for nap
save me king adnan
i have to take a nap

Salvadora

The common excuse is that they aren't 'match fit', but if they never get minutes they're always going to be in the same position.

If you make only one substitution at 4-0 down, questions need to be asked. Why the fuck is Ashley Young starting games.

Showaddy

He's had a bit of a Gomes 09/10 so far this season. Keeping clean sheets but doing some crazy shit.

Heavens above not sure he's that mad :p

At least Lloris has been reliable at his shot stopping and set-piece defence, you never used to need a fan in the Summer at WHL thanks to Gomes flapping at every cross & shot.

I get that Hugo wants to prove he's the best sweeper in the world but this is too much...

Maybe you meant this but, he touched it outside of the penalty box and apparently should've gotten a red (?) according to my commentators.

Yeah, the commentators kept banging on about how this was definitely outside the box. Looked on the line to me, but if it was outside then it must have been incredibly close.

Scum

I love thread like these! The title got changed.
I pirated 360 games and MS banned me, what the hell?

Summary

- The OP was console banned from Xbox LIVE.
- The OP said that the only abnormal thing he had done recently was taking advantage of the Oman promotion, which let you download free games from the Oman store. This is not ban-worthy.
- Lots of angry people said that he had got banned for that because "it's against the ToS" (the ToS don't actually prohibit it) and that he should have sucked it up.
- His post admitting to piracy (which is indeed ban worthy) was found on another forum.
- Title change.
- The present: angry people still maintain that the Oman thing was one of the reasons that he got banned and a young man by the name of Fireblend stumbles into the thread and asks for a summary.

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

arkon

Time to lord it over everyone ArsenalGAF. Your time may have come. God knows you guys have suffered so much abuse over the past few years. I'd be chuffed if you guys won it this year.

The common excuse is that they aren't 'match fit', but if they never get minutes they're always going to be in the same position.

If you make only one substitution at 4-0 down, questions need to be asked. Why the fuck is Ashley Young starting games.

Moyes said something about wanting a consistent side to start the season. Can understand some of the reasoning behind that but it's been a bit excessive. Rio and Vidic playing 3 games in a week for example is fairly silly...that's just a fitness/injury thing not even performance related.

I wasn't that bothered about him not making changes today though, once it got to 4-0 I mean. Those guys fucked up, now take the battering.

No idea if that's why Moyes left them out there, but I wasn't bothered at that stage. No use putting the others on to chase a lost game and get pissed on.

panty

Positives from the first half

+++ Illarra - he's comfortable with the ball, has good vision and has made a lot of great passes so far
+ Di Maria - work rate is probably #1 in the field today. Some good passes
+- Nacho - has been okay tonight

Negatives

-------------- everything else, especially Benz

Manager

Kagawa, Nani and Chicarito should start more games. Time to sell Young.

Surely he's more or less impossible to sell, kind of like City with Bridge, Kolo Toure etc? His wages are insane.

Yeah, the commentators kept banging on about how this was definitely outside the box. Looked on the line to me, but if it was outside then it must have been incredibly close.

Looked like one meter outside to me in the replay but apparently the linesman had his sight crossed by the attacker.

Ushojax

Heavens above not sure he's that mad :p

At least Lloris has been reliable at his shot stopping and set-piece defence, you never used to need a fan in the Summer at WHL thanks to Gomes flapping at every cross & shot.

I get that Hugo wants to prove he's the best sweeper in the world but this is too much...

Eh, his display today could easily have been a nightmare. Almost sent off, conceded a corner with a shit touch, got lucky and had a goal chalked off for obstruction. He's great but he's one of those keepers who can drop a clanger when he's throwing himself around.

Still, he's our best player by a mile.

Salvadora

Time to lord it over everyone ArsenalGAF. Your time may have come. God knows you guys have suffered so much abuse over the past few years. I'd be chuffed if you guys won it this year.
Oh I plan on doing just that.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Arsenal have returned. We're gonna win the league.
Moyes said something about wanting a consistent side to start the season. Can understand some of the reasoning behind that but it's been a bit excessive. Rio and Vidic playing 3 games in a week for example is fairly silly...that's just a fitness/injury thing not even performance related.

I wasn't that bothered about him not making changes today though, once it got to 4-0 I mean. Those guys fucked up, now take the battering.

No idea if that's why Moyes left them out there, but I wasn't bothered at that stage. No use putting the others on to chase a lost game and get pissed on.
I get the consistency thing a wee bit, but I don't think it's particularly fair to let players like Nani, Kagawa, Evans and Chico rot on the bench. Especially when players on the pitch are doing so badly.

justjohn

Man city will need to start putting in these kinds of performances against the lesser teams for me to take them as serious challengers. Losing to cardiff and drawing with stoke isnt title winning stuff.

Showaddy

Eh, his display today could easily have been a nightmare. Almost sent off, conceded a corner with a shit touch, got lucky and had a goal chalked off for obstruction. He's great but he's one of those keepers who can drop a clanger when he's throwing himself around.

Still, he's our best player by a mile.

Yeah he's certainly not be perfect for either club or country this season but he's saved our defence a handful of times already. Dawson in particular would be under greater scrutiny if it wasn't for Hugo's speed off the line.

I'm hoping Evans and Jones might get some games as centre back in the near future. Rio is winding down.

And give Kagawa and Pea some games, please please please.

Seriously. I think Evans-Vidic might be the better partnership.

And as much as I derided his substitution, Cleverley-Carrick looked the better midfield combination. Fellaini was really average today; he kept losing Toure.

Scum

Surely he's more or less impossible to sell, kind of like City with Bridge, Kolo Toure etc? His wages are insane.

Looked like one meter outside to me in the replay but apparently the linesman had his sight crossed by the attacker.

Well, he can't keep starting. Even I wouldn't start him FM. :lol
Stick him on the bench or rot in reserves. He doesn't deserve a starting spot. Playing Kagawa as an AML will be more fruitful than having Young on the pitch.

Top Bottom