• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

If by little you mean asking for Matri and spending 12 mil for him, ok.

He had been asking for him since his first day at the club. Took them long enough to sign him.

The poor guy seta up his whole tactics with T Silva in mind and then has to sell him the next year and come up with something new for the third year in a row.

I think he should have quit that mess of a club. He deserves better than how he has been treated.

As a Palermo supporter I have to at least wish PSG and all the Palermo players on there all the best, I would leave Palermo too if I was a footballer.

panty

If it is confirmed, as seems likely, that Gareth Bale's injury is nothing serious and that his withdrawal from the line up was merely a precaution, his home debut will take place in the all-important derby clash.

Lightning

Banned
I'm a tad concerned about WBA if I'm being honest. I thought the Walcott injury was just sickness and he would be back immediately. I'm trying to imagine our line-up:

--------------------------------Fabianski/Viviano-------------------------------------

Jenkinson------ Mertesacker/Koscielny------Vermaelen--------Monreal

--------------------------------------Frimpong------------------------------------------------

-Walcott(?)-------------Arteta-----Ramsey/Wilshere/Ozil?----------Ryo----

-------------------------------------Bendtner--------------------------------------------

So many rotation players injured..... even young players like Zelalem are out of action...
Remove Walcott and place Gnarby, Elsfeld will likely play as well and you have Akpom who will likely get some time. Not that worried about it but don't want to lose.

I doubt Ramsey or Wilshere will be involved they are looking tired and need a rest.

FootballFan

Please Atleti beat Real in the derby. Imagine if they won the league this year imagine how incredible imagine

2nd is best they can hope for. Tata has us playing direct hoofball now. No more possession obsessed stuff. This is it. 1st spot is secured. Neymar. I've never tried Nando's. goal.

Salvadora

Remove Walcott and place Gnarby, Elsfeld will likely play as well and you have Akpom who will likely get some time. Not that worried about it but don't want to lose.

I doubt Ramsey or Wilshere wil be involved they are looking tired and need a rest.
Yeah Ramsey needs to be wrapped in cotton wool until Swansea.

I was quite impressed by Gnabry today, especially the defensive side of his game. Löw must be looking towards his future. I'd like to see Olsson too, he looked good in pre-season.

I wonder how seriously WBA will take this tie... it would be very embarrassing to go out this early. I'm desperate for a trophy this season.

Edit: fuarkk this is his sister: http://instagram.com/sandrachristina dem Swedish genes.

Hit me up Suen

Wilbur

Banned
Atleti always shit their pants in the derby

2nd is best they can hope for. Tata has us playing direct hoofball now. No more possession obsessed stuff. This is it. 1st spot is secured. Neymar. I've never tried Nando's. goal.

David Villa winner in the 93rd minute of the decider, believe. Atletico win. Simeone gets a blowjob from a toothless hooker. Carlo shrugs. Tata sweats. Messi rings his contact.

"assassinate villa, he didn't pass me the ball"

KFC on the way there, sorry bro =P

KFC is better anyway please dont tell my boss

Peco

He had been asking for him since his first day at the club. Took them long enough to sign him.

The poor guy seta up his whole tactics with T Silva in mind and then has to sell him the next year and come up with something new for the third year in a row.

I think he should have quit that mess of a club. He deserves better than how he has been treated.
Allegri has the tactical acumen of a piece of wood, there's no excuse for all the shitty ideas he's had in the last 2 years. A lot of teams have no Ibra or Thiago, yet they menage to play good looking football with hard working players. He should work more on the 433, Matri and Kaka can adapt to that, but he's an incapable coach, so he can only look at more ideal formations for the players at his disposal. Look at Emanuelson: crap player and Acciuga is determined to play him as a LB. The poor fucker fails a game, fails another, and another, but he keeps playing him in that position. There's no need of a fucking genius to understand such little things. And yes, Galliani and Berlusconi are shitheads, but that's another point.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah Ramsey needs to be wrapped in cotton wool until Swansea.

I was quite impressed by Gnabry today, especially the defensive side of his game. Löw must be looking towards his future. I'd like to see Olsson too, he looked good in pre-season.

I wonder how seriously WBA will take this tie... it would be very embarrassing to go out this early. I'm desperate for a trophy this season.
The Capital One cup is what it is. There is a reason why squads are weakened for it, even if we won it, it would change nothing about expectations.

Going around saying you won the Capital One cup is excellent for a Swansea but for Arsenal it's just not good enough. I am more interested in how we challenge for the league, not win it because I don't think we can, but to see what progress has been made in getting closer to winning it and push for the FA cup.

To say our trophy drought is over and then type Capital One cup would feel like a band aid on a broken leg.

Arnie

I'd love Atletico to win the league because of Turan and Koke alone.

And then I'd love Brendan, now a Champions League manager, to swoop in and bring the pair to Anfield.

And then I'd like January Jones to vacuum my shaft in a blaze of spit and gasps.

confuziz

Banned
Kevin Strootman ‏@Kevin_strootman 2m

Great job #PSV ⚽⚽

Thanks Kevin, but you never won us a match against Ajax!

#Schaarsbeasting

Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif

Arnie

The Capital One cup is what it is. There is a reason why squads are weakened for it, even if we won it, it would change nothing about expectations.

Going around saying you won the Capital One cup is excellent for a Swansea but for Arsenal it's just not good enough. I am more interested in how we challenge for the league, not win it because I don't think we can, but to see what progress has been made in getting closer to winning it and push for the FA cup.

To say our trophy drought is over and then type Capital One cup would feel like a band aid on a broken leg.
Oh fucking do one.

Attitudes like this shouldn't belong to football fans.

There's some fucking proper Arsenal fans who'd love to follow their team to Wembley and actually win something.

Salvadora

I think winning the Capital One Cup would go some way to changing the expectations that others have for us. It wouldn't be a substitute for a high placed finish in the league, but I want desperately for pundits and columnists to stop writing 'X years since Arsenal won a trophy'. It gets to me deep inside.

I want every trophy badly.

Lightning

Banned
I think winning the Capital One Cup would go some way to changing the expectations that others have for us. It wouldn't be a substitute for a high placed finish in the league, but I want desperately for pundits and columnists to stop writing 'X years since Arsenal won a trophy'. It gets to me deep inside.

Would those people stop if we won the Capital One cup? I doubt it, I am not saying we shouldn't try to win it, of course we should, but of everything we are in it's the one that should take the least priority.

Trophy is a trophy and if you're in it you should always try to win it but we shouldn't tire out or squad or sacrifice any league points with tired players because of it.

Allegri has the tactical acumen of a piece of wood, there's no excuse for all the shitty ideas he's had in the last 2 years. A lot of teams have no Ibra or Thiago, yet they menage to play good looking football with hard working players. He should work more on the 433, Matri and Kaka can adapt to that, but he's an incapable coach, so he can only look at more ideal formations for the players at his disposal. Look at Emanuelson: crap player and Acciuga is determined to play him as a LB. The poor fucker fails a game, fails another, and another, but he keeps playing him in that position. There's no need of a fucking genius to understand such little things. And yes, Galliani and Berlusconi are shitheads, but that's another point.

He was pretty much told that if he wanted to keep his job then he should stop with the 4~3~3.

Emanuelson is shit but right now the only other option is Constant who is just as bad. De Sciglio is the only option there and he is injured.

I also forget the last time he was able to pick his ideal starting 11.

They are not going to win the league, but Max will get them fighting for 3rd. And that will be a miracle because Juve, Napoli, Roma and Inter(maybe the Viola) have better squads right now

When the wonderkid turns 16 he will also be forced into the starting 11 by Berlusconi. Max just cant win.

FootballFan

have you guys seen that user on gaming side that says "fellow gaffer" in pretty much every single post he makes...

"no my fellow gaffer I haven't played that"

"I disagree with you my fellow gaffer"

etc.

wtf... gaming side man.

Scum

Salvadora > Lightning

Top Bottom