• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Arnie

Arnold (and fellow Liverpool gaffers
tee hee
), in hindsight would you never have wanted Rafa sacked? Stick out H&G, get JWH in and still have him now? Or do you think a change was necessary?
Definitely wouldn't have sacked him. He's a top manager and with the backing that Kenny and Brendan had, plus the stability he'd have ensured, we'd be back in the Champions league by now. I have no doubts about that.

Wilbur

Banned
Definitely wouldn't have sacked him. He's a top manager and with the backing that Kenny and Brendan had, plus the stability he'd have ensured, we'd be back in the Champions league by now. I have no doubts about that.

Yeah I feel the same. Better than Brendan and Kenneth for sure. Wonder what targets he'd have gone for though; would you have Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge?

Salvadora

I understand what you are saying but Liverpool won the Capital One cup and the only thing they pushed on to do is get kicked out of Europe altogether and be a million miles from achieving anything.

If Capital One cup pushes us to higher honors than I'm all for it and I'm all for us pushing to win it provided that it doesn't effect our league form. Would the Capital One cup, finish 4th 20 points off the title, out of the FA cup in the early rounds and last 16 of the CL really be a successful year?

I honestly don't believe it would. I want us to win trophies as much as any fan but I've seen so many seasons completely die because of that compeition including ours after we lost to Birmingham thanks to fucking Shitesny.
I think many people don't realise that results in those competitions directly correlate with how we do in the league. We do shit in the FA Cup, Champions League & Capital one Cup and that will damage our league campaign.

Liverpool are a very different club to us and had a very different set of circumstances surrounding them when they won. We are trying to build something.

Batigol

Banned

He's going to go back one day though right? At least he said he wanted to

FootballFan

Barca loses the possession stat, Messi didn't score, Balo missed a penalty, Llorente started and scored, Ramsey is the best player in the world.

Football has gone mad.

arkon

Not looking good for Utd, Pellegrini is not a joke coach like Manshitni was.

They're 3 points behind with some difficult fixtures already out of the way. City still have to go to places like Anfield and Swansea where they dropped points last season.

Certainly they would have wanted a better return from the opening five fixtures though.

Dat old Rafa magic.

Rafa_2496058b.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Raymond Verheijen ‏@raymondverheije

Not surprised about the incredible difference in football intelligence in this afternoon's derby game Football City vs Rugby United (4-1).

For people who have a deeper understanding of football it was already clear after the Swansea game that Man United is a 'one man team'......

….Last month Swansea tactically outplayed Man United in the first 30 minutes but on that occasion RVP came to the rescue.

As usual, all the so-called ‘football experts’ in Jurassic Park only looked at the result and did not notice the underlying problems.

But that is the same old story in Jurassic Park. The tactical awareness in England is so much lower compared to the continent.

A century ago, England was 'the home of football’. Today it’s Jurassic Park. Maybe we should officially declare it ‘the cave of football’?

Dino Dave. Jurassic Park. There's a recurring theme here.

Clegg

Rooney was our only semi-respectable player today.

Never would have thought that 3 months ago.

Still an utter bellwhiff tho.

Lightning

Banned
This hype surrounding Rafa is getting me nervous. If we lose to Napoli at the Emirates it will ruin everything.

Who do Napoli play in the match before they travel to England?

Wilbur

Banned
Napoli are a proper team this season.

ali-g-respect-o.gif

Was just about to post that, looking better under Benitez than they ever did under Mazzarri aesthetic wise. 2nd a few times, Campione d'Italia and CL performance not to be sniffed at, but they weren't the prettiest side to watch for the majority of games; they're a good side to watch this season.

Peco

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ALLEGRI SUBBED OFF POLI AND LEFT ON MUNTARI

I wonder if Berlusconi will have the balls to fire this fucking idiot this time.

The real problem here is Galliani constantly persuading the president in not sacking him. Bald fuck must be gay for Allegri.

rodvik

Rooney was our only semi-respectable player today.

Never would have thought that 3 months ago.

Still an utter bellwhiff tho.

I thought Vidic was alright as well. Considering he was playing next to a statue of rio ferdinand and had to cover both spots.

Scum

This hype surrounding Rafa is getting me nervous. If we lose to Napoli at the Emirates it will ruin everything.

Who do Napoli play in the match before they travel to England?

If the first 10mins Napoli turn up, then you should be worried. They could easily have been two up tonight. Higuian's done well.

FootballFan

Was just about to post that, looking better under Benitez than they ever did under Mazzarri aesthetic wise. 2nd a few times, Campione d'Italia and CL performance not to be sniffed at, but they weren't the prettiest side to watch for the majority of games; they're a good side to watch this season.

Definitely more of a team. My friend from Napoli is really happy with Rafa, wants De Laurentiis to sign more Spanish/La Liga players.

Carbonox

Yup. Spartak smashed CSKA 3-0 as well. Speaking of which, up to
(tied for)
first, where we belong :)

2ankew4.png

Anzhi where they belong. The dream would always end for them. You don't lose to a team like Newcastle in the Europa League on aggregate and think you can one day compete for glory.

Top Bottom