• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Wilbur

Banned
Definitely more of a team. My friend from Napoli is really happy with Rafa, wants De Laurentiis to sign more Spanish/La Liga players.

Would be nice if there was a few more Italians in the team to be honest. Only Insigne tonight, wasn't it? Obviously should be more about the quality of players but I like that Juve and Barca have introduced so many Spaniards the last few years and Madrid are starting to follow suit.

Hahahaha Nocerino on for Abate, clueless Muntari playing 90 minutes. What kind of blackmail does Muntari have on Allegri?

Also that's two clear penalties that weren't given to us. Injustica.

FootballFan

Yup. Spartak smashed CSKA 3-0 as well. Speaking of which, up to
(tied for)
first, where we belong :)

2ankew4.png

Loko with most goals for, not surprised. Who wouldn't score with dat Loskov creativity. Too bad they can't defend.

What was the problem in Real with Higuain? He's having a much better response in Napoli.

Ronaldo wouldn't let him shoot. Higuain for Argentina and now Napoli is a different player.

:p

Clegg

Starting to get the feeling that Moyes just doesn't fancy Kagawa. Still nothing concrete to support that feeling yet. He should hopefully get a run of games now the ghost of Ashley Young has departed.

Wilbur

Banned
Starting to get the feeling that Moyes just doesn't fancy Kagawa. Still nothing concrete to support that feeling yet. He should hopefully get a run of games now the ghost of Ashley Young has departed.

Maybe that guy on Twitter was right :( would be foolish if he didn't start him for a few games now, Young has done nothing to suggest he should be starting.

FootballFan

Would be nice if there was a few more Italians in the team to be honest. Only Insigne tonight, wasn't it? Obviously should be more about the quality of players but I like that Juve and Barca have introduced so many Spaniards the last few years and Madrid are starting to follow suit.

I think Mesto is Italian too. But you're right, 2 is still two little.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Told you guys Higuain>>>>>>>>>>>>Benzema it's not even funny. Napoli made a hell of a deal, Higuain is also better than Cavani IMO. Dude just know how to score goals (with Argentina it's quite ridiculous), without the pressure of playing in Madrid and him being the top dog at Napoli he is gonna score lots.

Told you guys Higuain>>>>>>>>>>>>Benzema it's not even funny. Napoli made a hell of a deal, Higuain is also better than Cavani IMO. Dude just know how to score goals (with Argentina it's quite ridiculous), without the pressure of playing in Madrid and him being the top dog at Napoli he is gonna score lots.

Well to be fair Bendtner > Benzema, so not that big a statement.

Clegg

Maybe that guy on Twitter was right :( would be foolish if he didn't start him for a few games now, Young has done nothing to suggest he should be starting.

Are you talking about the dinosaur lad?

I want to see Kagawa, Nani and Zaha get more opportunities. Nani and Zaha can beat their markers with trickery unlike Valencia or Young. I don't wat to see either of them starting for a long while.

Kagawa is just a depressing story as you know he'd fit into Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool's squads so much better than ours.

Salvadora

Has Young really departed?

He started and was subbed off against Crystal Palace and still played against City despite being shit. He is a Moyes Boy unlike Kagawa.

FootballFan

Dunno...They have a good youth sector and there are countless players from Naples (like Qaugliarella for example)

Trust me I know haha. That same friend always makes sure I know players from Napoli. I'll say something like "Di Natale scored twice today" and he replies with "He's Neapolitan" lol.

Don't know what to say when he says that. Cool? lol

Clegg

"Nothing concrete"? wut.

Kagawa missed the first two games due to fitness and international duties. You can write those games off. He hasn't been picked as much as I would have liked to see but I'll put that down to Moyes being cautious in his selection process.

If it's December and Kagawa is still only on the fringes of the first team then we can say that Moyes doesn't see him as an important player for us.

You know as much as I am disgusted by Allegri and our performances, I don't think we deserved to lose tonight. We played pretty well considering the shit players Allegri decided to put out there, and Napoli just capitalized on two ridiculous defensive errors. Reina had an amazing game, us winning just wasn't in the cards.

Edit: RDM at Sunderland? I kind of wanted him at Milan.

Clegg

Who wants to see Youngs stats for this game?

15 passes
60% pass accuracy

2 Crosses
0% accuracy

0 Shots

0 Successful dribbles

rodvik

How can a manager be given the backing to completely overhaul a team in the summer and only be given 5 games.

Ridiculous.

Pretty much. I thought Dicanio had actually been moving the club in the right direction, bot rid of a bunch of deadwood crap or bad attitude players and started to mold the team.

5 games seems very harsh.

K1LLER7

Kagawa missed the first two games due to fitness and international duties. You can write those games off. He hasn't been picked as much as I would have liked to see but I'll put that down to Moyes being cautious in his selection process.

If it's December and Kagawa is still only on the fringes of the first team then we can say that Moyes doesn't see him as an important player for us.
Expect him to start on wednesday.

Top Bottom