• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

It was 9/11 yesterday? It went over my head completely

Kim reminded me

LPfjO4S.png

As far as I know it's not official yet. Could be a strategy to get Nike to pay us more, who knows. I'm not a fan of those stripes, tbh.

From what I read around the internet, Juventus contract with Nike expires in 2015, but so far it's not official if they'll go with Adidas or stay with Nike. It could be a strategy as you said, or they just want to change the sponsor because it's more convenient or whatever.

I'll just warn you guys: prepare to see tricolori everywhere, random pockets on shirts and the worst collars you could ever imagine.

Edit: it seems like Arsenal is going Adidas in 2015 too.

dc89

Is the new demo better than the old, accidentally relased one?

Yeah, a lot better.

I was just watching the replay over and over again. A bit hard to describe but this is what happened.

Ball in to Cesc who had to take it wide because of the defender. Then Cesc stopped the ball dead under one foot whilst spinning to change direction, then rolled it out infront of him and then passed. Soldado shot, saved by the keeper but Pedro latched on to it, running away from goal though, the defender hot on his heels. He feints some sort of pass to the on coming Arbeloa and just taps the ball using the outside of his right foot to the space to the right of him, the defender is completely thrown off and actually carries on his run expecting Pedro to carry on moving towards the by line, Pedro does this really tight turn.

I've never seen anything like it in a football game. I dunno if I was just mashing buttons or if it just happened, but the animation and the ideas are so good.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, a lot better.

I was just watching the replay over and over again. A bit hard to describe but this is what happened.

Ball in to Cesc who had to take it wide because of the defender. Then Cesc stopped the ball dead under one foot whilst spinning to change direction, then rolled it out infront of him and then passed. Soldado shot, saved by the keeper but Pedro latched on to it, running away from goal though, the defender hot on his heels. He feints some sort of pass to the on coming Arbeloa and just taps the ball using the outside of his right foot to the space to the right of him, the defender is completely thrown off and actually carries on his run expecting Pedro to carry on moving towards the by line, Pedro does this really tight turn.

I've never seen anything like it in a football game. I dunno if I was just mashing buttons or if it just happened, but the animation and the ideas are so good.
You're smoking too much weed, holy shit.

Yeah, a lot better.

That's a problem I can see with the new animation, if it doesn't feel like you're in control the players slight movements (contextual animation) I can't see it being much fun to play once the sheen of the animation wears off. Will download it now and see for myself

dc89

You're smoking too much weed, holy shit.

I've done no such thing Sir!

I'm just actually surprised this game is good. The ball control is miles ahead of the FIFA 14 Demo where everyone has a shit touch.

And people actually have different pace in this game too, unlike FIFA where Nigel De Jong can beat Jesus Navas to a ball.

faridmon

rvy's opinion changes constantly. Why, it was only yesterday he was really excited by the new PES game.

On another note, I am saddened that the Therse impression out of Toronto Film festival are quite average. Apparently it doesn't delve enough into Psychological and anthropological nature of the book. Missed opportunity there since I thought the casting was fantastic.

I am still gonna watch it since I am huge fan of Thérèse Raquin and the film is described as an erotic film (which goes against the books aim) but nevertheless, can't wait to see the erotic scenes.

Anyone else read the book?

faridmon

Death Note is very Japanese. It's got that whole "Aha! I knew you'd know I'd know you'd do this so I did this instead! All according to plan haha!"

I have to admit that I have watched it when I didn't know any better and thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it. Looking back, Its such dumb Anime/Manga with a lot of Emo elements.

dc89

That's a problem I can see with the new animation, if it doesn't feel like you're in control the players slight movements (contextual animation) I can't see it being much fun to play once the sheen of the animation wears off. Will download it now and see for myself

Just played some more. It seems that if you hold down R2 and use the right stick you can do some tricks. So maybe I was holding R2 for the Cesc shit.

Tell you what is nawty though, holding L2 and pulling off some manual passes. Hold L2 you get this arrow on the ground that you can control. Dropping the ball off into space is awesome.

DC....just say it bro. You know what I'm talking about.

Just say it.

The king is back.

Oh it's back alright.

Zabojnik

I have to admit that I have watched it when I didn't know any better and thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it. Looking back, Its such dumb Anime/Manga with a lot of Emo elements.

You'll be saying the same thing about your band choices in a few years, when'll be finally ready to move to the progressive side of music. "How did I listen to this?"

Fuck this shit. Why the hell would they do that? I really abhor the gaming section sometimes. Full of stupid, immature cry babies who happen to spoil shit just because they can't hold it within them.

There is a reason for it. (Very vague spoiler)
Like something from the movie being completely copied by the game.
. Also it's like a 20 year old movie, so stop crying.

faridmon

You'll be saying the same thing about your band choices in a few years, when'll be finally ready to move to the progressive side of music. "How did I listen to this?"

Is a proven fact; Lillies and Remains is and will always be the perfect Post-Punk band amongst critics and audience. Nothing will change that :p

Also, I do listen to Progressive and I love it.

faridmon

There is a reason for it. (Very vague spoiler)
Like something from the movie being completely copied by the game.
. Also it's like a 20 year old movie, so stop crying.

Whether its 20 year old movie or 2 year old movie, its not fun to just spoil it just because.
Also, they could have used spoiler tags when they are trying to connect the dots between the game and the movie.

Haven't been spoiled much though, So I can watch the Quadrology soon. I have missed so many 90s movies.

rvy

Banned
rvy's opinion changes constantly. Why, it was only yesterday he was really excited by the new PES game.

It didn't change at all, I'm being facetious. I played both demos. One game I like, the other game I don't.

Hitcher is right, you're not in full control of the player movement in PES. It looks nice but doesn't play as well as Fifa.

Nonsense, that's how real football works too, you're not always in control and are dependent on the context. The only instance where you can argue that you're not in control in PES 2014 is jostling, and that's bullshit too because while jostling you have control, you use the right stick to push the other player.
I guess you could argue that sometimes you press the shooting button and the player has to actually have his feet connected to the ball in order to shoot, but that's hot it works in real life. The ball doesn't magically glue to your feet even if you're sprinting just because you decided to shoot.

Wanna shoot? Create space and wait for the ball to be in a close enough range to connect.

Whether its 20 year old movie or 2 year old movie, its not fun to just spoil it just because.
Also, they could have used spoiler tags when they are trying to connect the dots between the game and the movie.

Haven't been spoiled much though, So I can watch the Quadrology soon. I have missed so many 90s movies.

It's a 20 year old movie that the game decides to spoil on you. :lol

as it's a GTA spoiler thread it's only far to make that connection. It's fair game and certainly for such an old fucking movie, people are way too butthurt on GAF... Also it's not even like a spoiler, it's a mention of one scene being the same as in the movie, nothing that will ruin the movie lol

Oh come on man. There is a difference between a new movie and a 20 year old movie. A new movie might not be seen by a lot of people. A 20 year old movie has probably been seen by the majority of people.

Jack cw

Hitcher is right, you're not in full control of the player movement in PES. It looks nice but doesn't play as well as Fifa.

Wat?
PES does this 100% right. The player has to recieve the ball, then get the ball under control to continue processing. Its absolutely realistic and some people might call this misleadingly "input lag" but thats how real physics and the sport works. The arcady tiki taka laser pases in FIFA are just ridiculous.

rvy

Banned
Wat?
PES does this 100% right. The player has to recieve the ball, then get the ball under control to continue processing. Its absolutely realistic and some people might call this misleadingly "input lag" but thats how real physics and the sport works. The arcady tiki taka laser pases in FIFA are just ridiculous.

Robben's player ID is spot on. So is Ronaldo's.

My friend from Japan gave me his copy of Mother 1+2 - Mother 3 on GBA a few years back as a parting gift. Some of the other people I know played it through........different means. My favorite was the second one, now being released as Earthbound on the Wii U. I loved Mother 3 and would probably say that one had the circumstances been different, but honestly, the second game was the culmination of the experience for me.

While playing the third game I was filled with memories of the one I had just played before, the goofiness of it all. Kind of how one fondly remembers a story after closing the book. I prefer to think of the games as one amazing journey however and I really hope you get to experience it as such.

I'm really looking forward to Earthbound but the only way I can concentrate on it alone is if I get it after GTA.

Majora's Mask > *

* in this instance refers to the entire rest of the franchise.

MM always felt to me like a worse version of Ocarina. Granted, I only played a few hours years ago and can't remember much of it but I still remember not enjoying it. I was going to get it on the Wii VC but turns out even on the Wii U it needs the classic controller which has the same buttons as the gamepad but the gamepad is not an option because Nintendo.

Absolute nonsense. Get out!

Which are your favourites?

faridmon

Oh come on man. There is a difference between a new movie and a 20 year old movie. A new movie might not be seen by a lot of people. A 20 year old movie has probably been seen by the majority of people.

I am aware of all that. But at the same time we don't need to speak so casually about it. I maybe overreacting about Lethal Weapons, since I just ordered the DVD collection and wanted to watch it whilst I am free,but The gaming side have spoilt so much things that have come out recently which really annoys me.

Also, they are just dumb people.

L1NETT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24052562

Pretty (ish) interesting report about the price of football, not that it affects that many here :p. Price of Arsenal tickets still astounds me.

The most expensive ticket in English football remains at Arsenal, where a category A adult matchday ticket can cost up to £126. Their cheapest ticket is £26.

The cheapest adult season ticket in the Premier League is £299 at Manchester City. The most expensive is £1,955 at Arsenal, although this includes seven cup matches.

The BBC Sport Price of Football survey found the average price of the most affordable adult season ticket in the top flight has gone from £467.95 to £489.11 in the past year, with seven clubs raising prices this season.

Wish I was a Bundesliga fan, oh well. Hopefully we can learn from them sooner rather than later.

Would you rather Kelly or Wisdom stood in for Johnson? Kelly for me

Hitch pls, Big Andre is the best rb in England.

Humour, eh, got it!

Well, why, thank you!! :)

I do get that a lot
although they all are sarcastic remarks

Remember when you were about to put me on your ignore list? :p

5 DAYS BITCHES. Got an email from Sainsburys saying it would be dispatched on Monday, and be here on Tuesday. If they break that promise, I'm gonna slap Justin King's shit

Top Bottom