• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

subtles

Are Chelsea going to do a Sturridge with Lukaku? It amazes me the way clubs mistreat young players only to lament the decision when they find success elsewhere.

Perez says Makelele was the worst decision he ever made and then goes and sells Ozil while trying to drag his name through the mud at every given opportunity. Shameless really.

Walshy

Would you rather Kelly or Wisdom stood in for Johnson? Kelly for me
Wisdom vs Swansea. If we are comfortable, bring Kelly on for twenty or thirty minutes.

Kelly isn't match fit, he needs minutes but it's probably the worst game for him to come back in out our next five games

I'd rather Wisdom went out on loan to get games at center-back, now the loan window is open for a month. Wisdom is not the best going forward, I think people underestimate how good Kelly was going forward, when he gets going he's quite difficult to stop, especially with him being strong and quick. If we need cover for Kelly, I'd like Ryan McLaughlin to be promoted. He is more consistent and has played much better than Sterling or Ibe have ever done for the U21s, if there wasn't so much competition infront of him, he would of made his debut by now. Plus he is brilliant going forward, best like for like replacement for Johnson we have.

faridmon

Remember when you were about to put me on your ignore list? :p

People tend to start as enemies before any friendship occurs. Way of life!

Martinez is speaking very much on his tactics from now on; its interesting to note that he said that selling off Fellaini have enabled him to actually think straight and have the pieces of puzzle in its places. He also mentions how he would love Gibson to come back, as he really plays well in training sessions. Too bad about his crocked legs eh. Anyway, I wonder if Martinez is fan of Barry and would deploy him in Gibson's position when Gibson comes back.

He also says he sill use a full fledged wing system. Baines + Coleman attack is too good to be true. Can't wait for us to test Chelsea!

Are Chelsea going to do a Sturridge with Lukaku? It amazes me the way clubs mistreat young players only to lament the decision when they find success elsewhere.

Perez says Makelele was the worst decision he ever made and then goes and sells Ozil while trying to drag his name through the mud at every given opportunity. Shameless really.

Sturridge wasn't particularly good at Chelsea tbf, as sporadic as his oppurtunities were

sohois

Would you rather Kelly or Wisdom stood in for Johnson? Kelly for me

I'd sooner have Flanagan in than Wisdom. If Kelly is not fit - which seems strange as he played in pre-season and has had reserve games for a while - then I would put Toure at RB. Or Ilori. Or play Henderson at RWB. Anything but Wisdom.

Wisdom vs Swansea. If we are comfortable, bring Kelly on for twenty or thirty minutes.

Kelly isn't match fit, he needs minutes but it's probably the worst game for him to come back in out our next five games

I'd rather Wisdom went out on loan to get games at center-back, now the loan window is open for a month. Wisdom is not the best going forward, I think people underestimate how good Kelly was going forward, when he gets going he's quite difficult to stop, especially with him being strong and quick. If we need cover for Kelly, I'd like Ryan McLaughlin to be promoted. He is more consistent and has played much better than Sterling or Ibe have ever done for the U21s, if there wasn't so much competition infront of him, he would of made his debut by now. Plus he is brilliant going forward, best like for like replacement for Johnson we have.

Yeah I guess. I like Wisdom but I really, really rate Kelly (especially at right back compared to Wisdom), as injury prone as he is. How was he in that reserve match he played? Reckon another full match will have him ready for the first team?

Tc91

Holy fucking shit @ Floyd Mayweathers car collection/house

29bo8wm.gif

subtles

Sturridge wasn't particularly good at Chelsea tbf, as sporadic as his oppurtunities were
The key here is that he was a young player. A player who needed faith and time to develop. His time at Bolton showed just how promising he was imo.

Something is wrong in football when a club pays 15m hoping to nurture a player only to see how great he already is, when that same player sat on the bench behind Torres who was in the worst form of his life.

qindarka

Banned

Lukaku is only 20 and isn't good enough to be starting yet. I'd have preferred him to stay as second choice but the failure to get rid of Ba forced a loan.

The key here is that he was a young player. A player who needed faith and time to develop. His time at Bolton showed just how promising he was imo.

Something is wrong in football when a club pays 15m hoping to nurture a player only to see how great he already is, when that same player sat on the bench behind Torres who was in the worst form of his life.

Sturridge was injured for much of the first half of last season and a decision had to be made with his contract running down. Getting 12 million for him while buying a more established Ba more cheaply must have seemed a good idea at the time even if it didn't work out.

Walshy

Yeah I guess. I like Wisdom but I really, really rate Kelly (especially at right back compared to Wisdom), as injury prone as he is. How was he in that reserve match he played? Reckon another full match will have him ready for the first team?
He was alright. He played a few pre-season games aswell but Rodgers insists that he is well off match fitness, which is obvious considering he is coming back from an ACL injury. I think he needs phasing in slowly, so hopefully we are comfortable in the next few games so we can start giving him some appearances of the bench. We won't want him to get injured again and hopefully our physio team has got him on the Agger treatment.

No way I would have Flanagan over Wisdom. Wisdom is limited but Flanagan doesn't have a future here tbh.

He was alright. He played a few pre-season games aswell but Rodgers insists that he is well off match fitness, which is obvious considering he is coming back from an ACL injury. I think he needs phasing in slowly, so hopefully we are comfortable in the next few games so we can start giving him some appearances of the bench. We won't want him to get injured again and hopefully our physio team has got him on the Agger treatment.

No way I would have Flanagan over Wisdom. Wisdom is limited but Flanagan doesn't have a future here tbh.

Yeah

At right back Johnson>Kelly>>Wisdom>>>Flanagan, and that's only if you ignore McClaughlin

Tc91

lol

Ralph Lauren runs that game. Floyd is just buying shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZtkn78HoTg

OH damn.

The Ferrari's are amazing, I go to the national and north west concours every year with my dad. You see absolutely everything there from all the classics like 250 SWB to the modern stuff like Enzo's, 599 GTO's etc.

250 Testa Rossa

250 GTO

And 1 for you Lolerpool fans

599 Aperta, 1 of 80 in the world and 1 of the only 4 in the UK, owned by ex Liverpool chairman David Moores. The guy who brought it for the day takes all his cars to shows and said that plate was on David Moores' wife's Bentley but they had to swap it cause she got so much abuse.

LOVE Ferrari's.

Salazar

OH damn.

The Ferrari's are amazing, I go to the national and north west concours every year with my dad. You see absolutely everything there from all the classics like 250 SWB to the modern stuff like Enzo's, 599 GTO's etc.

Badass. And yeah - the Ferraris are gorgeous.

Gündogan on his new contract:
"I can't tell you anything new. The talks are still going. When there's something to announce, we'll do it."
"No, I won't say anything about what we talk at the moment. You need to show patience just like I must do with my injury. *laughs*"

Fuck you, Ilkay

iTr50x9gydTZD.gif

Top Bottom