• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Showaddy

I still amazed Spurs have already got 7 clean sheets with 8 games played, we only got 14 in total last season. Between Dawson's barge like pace, Walker's erratic form, Lloris' craziness & Naughton being absolute wank today I just shocked we've conceded so few. Credit to AVB system and Vertonghen's class I suppose.

pulga

Banned
shut up pulga, I want some power chicken right now </3

I'm tired of argentina food already.

Power Chicken hnnnnggggggggggggg

Youre in Argentina?

Ah, that's great then. The main problem will be buying the tickets on Listicket.it, since the site will likely be crashing like crazy in those first few hours at the start of the pre-sale. Be there the second the tickets go on sale and keep trying until you get them. Hopefully it'll work out for you. I'll be sure to let you know, if anything comes up on Juve forums.

Also, register on Listicket.it now. Don't wait.

Ill be slaving away at the keyboard with one hand and dialing like mad on the phone with the other! Was signing up for listicket before I saw your post :lol even jotted down my username, password and codice number in evernote for quick access! MY BODY IS READY

Scum

It's still depressing how bad we were yesterday.

Smalling was shit.
Young was shit.
Valencia was shit.
Fellaini used his height as an advantage by being shit.
Welbeck is back to being the worst striker in EPL. I'm not even kidding. He was that bad last season.

Rooney played really well, but you could see how increasingly agitated him and Vidic got as it goes on. Also Moyes, you cunt. You didn't even try to take out Welbeck and put Kagawa in when he was so shit it defies shit. Or at least put in Chicha after half time. I stopped watching when the commentator said Manchester City had 11 attempts at goal while Manchester United only had 1 before halftime.

EDIT: Fuck it, just do a 4-3-3

--- Carrick - Fellaini ---
-- Kagawa - Rooney - Valencia
--- Chicha ---

-------------- RvP -------------
Nani ------------------- Rooney
------------ Kagawa -----------
------ Carrick -- Fellaini -------

Chica, Zaha and Adnan J in
Valencia, Young and Welberg out

I still amazed Spurs have already got 7 clean sheets with 8 games played, we only got 14 in total last season. Between Dawson's barge like pace, Walker's erratic form, Lloris' craziness & Naughton being absolute wank today I just shocked we've conceded so few. Credit to AVB system and Vertonghen's class I suppose.
I'm more amazed at us scoring last minutes goals! :lol

Velancia, Young and Welberg out

That seems like a good line-up, but mine is if RVP is still injured.

K1LLER7

Valencia, Young and Welberg out

Scum, you always make the right formations.
If you put Rooney left and Januzaj on the right.

You should be a United fan.

Cant even remember what an Ozil looks like hnnnngggggggggg

frog-new-granada_1765148c.jpg

Scum

Scum, you always make the right formations.
If you put Rooney left and Januzaj on the right.

You should be a United fan.

Only when Nani gets bored after 70mins. :p
But seriously though, Moyes needs to come down hard on Young, Welbeck and Valencia. They can't carry on like that. Next time it could be a team lower in the league getting that result.

Yeah I'm still not over Dempsey's equaliser in the snow against Utd last year :p

Suppose the rest of the team have to pick up the slack now Bale Time's no more...

I want Lamela to start. :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Rayo Vallecano's pitch has to be the smallest of any first division team in Europe's biggest leagues

1348433861_767390_1348434238_album_normal_729561251.jpg

no wonder they pressed like demons.

Salazar

Is Fabio injured? Was he just overlooked??

Dunno.

It's not as obvious a deficiency as Young's total inability to threaten the opposition, but Smalling looks really uncomfortable there. Charlie Adam could probably drop a shoulder and ghost past him.

Zabojnik

Ill be slaving away at the keyboard with one hand and dialing like mad on the phone with the other! Was signing up for listicket before I saw your post :lol even jotted down my username, password and codice number in evernote for quick access! MY BODY IS READY

Good luck, bro. I really hope you get 'em. How much are you willing to spend?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No BB posts.

THANKS GUYS

It should always be like this, give it a day or two at least.

-

@Pulg
If all else fails, you can always buy from the 'black market' ;)

@Zabster
Llion should start over Vucinic from now on. He combined well with everyone including Tevez, looked dangerous, scored the winner and added a new dimension to our offense.

Zabojnik

@Zabster
Llion should start over Vucinic from now on. He combined well with everyone including Tevez, looked dangerous, scored the winner and added a new dimension to our offense.

You don't have to convince me. :) Although I'd start him against catenaccio teams for now, he's not quite there yet form-wise, imo. Looked a bit sluggish & heavy still.

nandos.png

Just saw Milan-Napoli. Heh, this is how we should play (defense aside), pretty much. I know that Allegri should be living far, far away from Milanello and that we should get a proper manager, but yesterday night I finally got it.

We keep Allegri because he's a yes man. It's difficult to find another manager who agrees to play like B says and gets to the third place with Zaccardo and Muntari. So, until we find another guy like Allegri, he'll have to do. And, when we'll find him, things won't change, we'll still play with awful players and with a formation decided by Berlusconi. That's how things are at Milan as of today, and will probably stay that way for a while (well, until B leaves or until he starts buying every player on earth).

--

In other news, this happened this weekend:
I swear, I'm never going to bet on Liverpool and Newcastle ever again. I'd have to say a lot of stuff but I'll keep it to myself.

Suen

Just saw Milan-Napoli. Heh, this is how we should play (defense aside), pretty much. I know that Allegri should be living far, far away from Milanello and that we should get a proper manager, but yesterday night I finally got it.

We keep Allegri because he's a yes man. It's difficult to find another manager who agrees to play like B says and gets to the third place with Zaccardo and Muntari. So, until we find another guy like Allegri, he'll have to do. And, when we'll find him, things won't change, we'll still play with awful players and with a formation decided by Berlusconi. That's how things are at Milan as of today, and will probably stay that way for a while (well, until B leaves or until he starts buying every player on earth).

--

In other news, this happened this weekend:

I swear, I'm never going to bet on Liverpool and Newcastle ever again. I'd have to say a lot of stuff but I'll keep it to myself.
Take back Donadoni pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
=Zonal Marking on Man City - United

Strangely, the two players that proved the difference were the two who might not have started had Pellegrini had a fully fit squad. (Nasri and Kolarov)

- City were extremely impressive, but their own formation still doesn&#8217;t look entirely cohesive. In the first half, Danny Welbeck and (in particular) Wayne Rooney kept finding space in behind Yaya Toure and Fernandinho, who were excellent at imposing themselves on the game physically and playing good forward passes, but often left too much space behind them. Both players like charging forward, and City have looked vulnerable between the lines this season. It was no coincidence that Rooney was United&#8217;s best player &#8211; he was simply given too much room.

- Manchester United looked much better when Moyes changed things, introducing Tom Cleverley for Ashley Young, putting Welbeck left and Marouane Fellaini at the top of a midfield triangle, and using Rooney alone upfront. They retained the ball better in midfield and attacked well down both flanks &#8211; but realistically, City were already 4-0 up and it was impossible to judge whether they were still attempting to play.

- Vincent Kompany had an excellent game, sticking extremely tight to Rooney and preventing the forward from turning. But United could have exploited Kompany&#8217;s advanced positioning with some runs in behind him &#8211; when United used to play away fixtures like this on the counter-attack under Sir Alex Ferguson, they sometimes used Rooney as a false nine and had midfielders sprinting past him into the space he created. Indeed, that was the entire point of their gameplan. Pulling Kompany 15 yards out of his defence isn&#8217;t particularly bad for the opposition &#8211; that&#8217;s where he&#8217;s weakest, when forced to turn and sprint &#8211; but United seemed to lack the intelligence to make the most of this situation.

-

You don't have to convince me. :) Although I'd start him against catenaccio teams for now, he's not quite there yet form-wise, imo. Looked a bit sluggish & heavy still.

http://shrani.si/f/3Q/16/2TZ5ZgIV/nandos.png[img][/QUOTE]

Hmm right.

Tevez: Starts every single game until he dies [spoiler]we should rest him next week[/spoiler]
Llorente: Catenaccio and aerially-challenged teams like Milan and Verona
Vucinic: Against aerially dominant teams with slow lanky defenders.
Quag: A supersub and against Chelsea :p
Giovinco: Never

Okay, so to be fair to Gio, he looked good the two times he played this season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Paulinho's finish last night was sublime. To think we had Parker in that position last season.

Di Canio was never going to last. You can behave like a mad fascist for 5 or 6 games where you need results to avoid the drop, but for a full season the players need to enjoy training and playing for the manager, they need to enjoy their work. His disciplinarian style was never going to stick.

Zabojnik

Okay, so to be fair to Gio, he looked good the two times he played this season.

Yep, looked very lively. I'd really, really like to see a 4-3-3 with Vucinic and Giovinco on the sides, crossing it in for Llion. I'm sure our 3-men midfield would manage against catenaccio teams. Lichtsteiner would basically act as a RB/RMF hybrid anyway.

sohois

Apparently RvP might be out of Wednesday's game as well.

Di Canio news has me worried for Borini.

I'd imagine Liverpool will field a standard cup squad against Utd, even considering the size of the match. Moyes is definitely going to field a full-strength team sans RVP so they'll probably still be favourites.

As for Borini, didn't another of Sunderland's strikers get injured this weekend?

I'd imagine Liverpool will field a standard cup squad against Utd, even considering the size of the match. Moyes is definitely going to field a full-strength team sans RVP so they'll probably still be favourites.

As for Borini, didn't another of Sunderland's strikers get injured this weekend?

I'm not entirely sure what this constitutes at the moment.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yep, looked very lively. I'd really, really like to see a 4-3-3 with Vucinic and Giovinco on the sides, crossing it in for Llion. I'm sure our 3-men midfield would manage against catenaccio teams. Lichtsteiner would basically act as a RB/RMF hybrid anyway.

And Chiellini/Ogbonna could act as a LB/CB hybrid too.

It makes too much sense. It won't happen.

Top Bottom