• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

sohois

I'm not entirely sure what this constitutes at the moment.

Well, Liverpool are going to field several teenagers and debutants with little experience of playing together. Even if United fans believe that Januzaj would perform much better than their current wingers, they are unlikely to field any other youngsters and will in general have far more experience on the field than Liverpool.

FootballFan

What are these things called anyway?

1BefgTF.png

Serial killer straps.

Wow I cant believe DC got sacked. Makes no sense what so ever.

People always say the smaller teams can never rise to the top, but it is because they always seem to make stupid decisions.

It will make me laugh if DM gets the job. They need someone who will get them wins, not someone who will play for draws.

I think if he is appointed than it is xonfirmed Sunderland are going down. After all he is the man who lead Chelsea to 5th.
but maybe they will win a cup:p

Lightning

Banned
Yep. Attention-seeking fascist prick, good riddance
I don't think anyone in the PL will hire him. You can't bash your players constantly the way he did. It really was a comedy show how he just slammed everything from the day he got there.

Martin O'Neil's management was no good, this player was not professional, that player was not professional etc... it's just nonsense. He was not experienced enough, intelligent enough, to change so many players at a PL club, especially with cheap trash. Di Canio acted like he was still managing Swindon and didn't realise the difference from the lower leagues to the premier league. The amount of money involved in the PL makes it cut throat and you cannot lose your dressing room at the start of the season the way he did and think you can keep your job.

The biggest shocker was the idiot in charge at Sunderland actually let him do it. When he looks in the mirror tonight he should place a lemon on his head. QPR and Reading last season showed what happens if you don't defend properly in the PL, Sunderland didn't pay attention apparantly.

sohois

Why do people keep saying that RdM is a negative manager who plays for draws? Do you not remember his time with West Brom?

He was an extremely attacking manager, so much so that it was West Brom's downfall under him, their inability to defend. He catenaccio'd his way to the CL because that was the only thing he could do with the players at this disposal. When he had time to build a team with WBA it was all attack

I don't think United could play the "first team" on Wednesday. They've played too many games lately, would be pretty stupid.

As Laboured says though, the guys on the bench right now are better than the ones playing.

valeo

Wow I cant believe DC got sacked. Makes no sense what so ever.

People always say the smaller teams can never rise to the top, but it is because they always seem to make stupid decisions.

It will make me laugh if DM gets the job. They need someone who will get them wins, not someone who will play for draws.

I think if he is appointed than it is xonfirmed Sunderland are going down. After all he is the man who lead Chelsea to 5th.
but maybe they will win a cup:p

Sounds like you're the one who has no clue based on this - not the Sunderland board. Was the right decision. They were going nowhere but down under Di Canio.

jesalr

I still amazed Spurs have already got 7 clean sheets with 8 games played, we only got 14 in total last season. Between Dawson's barge like pace, Walker's erratic form, Lloris' craziness & Naughton being absolute wank today I just shocked we've conceded so few. Credit to AVB system and Vertonghen's class I suppose.

Pretty sure I read it's the best defence in Europe at the moment (probably the 5 top leagues)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our defense is good because of our midfield. We hardly allow the opponent any shots and when they do get in a good area then Walker, Rose and Lloris are quick enough to ride to the rescue. I don't recall Lloris making an actual save in the last 2 league games, and that's with Sandro and Capoue out of the first XI.

Of course if Naughton keeps playing then we're in the shit, hopefully Rose isn't out too long. This is where loaning out BAE and failing to get Coentrao is biting us. Danny has picked up a lot of knocks in the last 2 years and was never going to play 50 games this season.

Says a lot about Ajax' morale yesterday. Ref outrunning the players.

Dear Ajax,

Sorry for stealing your best player two summers in a row.

Love from Spurs.

Sounds like you're the one who has no clue based on this - not the Sunderland board. Was the right decision. They were going nowhere but down under Di Canio.

It takes time to settle in new players. As an Arsenal fan, i felt we got away with one at theirs. An unfair result.

It is hard to comment on what direction DC was going to take them after juat five games. Some players came to the club expecting to play inder him and now he is gone before anything has really started. He deserved to have a few more months to show what he is made of.

I dont think he was the right man in the first place, but he should have been given time instead of reacting to the first bit of bad press.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It takes time to settle in new players. As an Arsenal fan, i felt we got away with one at theirs. An unfair result.

It is hard to comment on what direction DC was going to take them after juat five games. Some players came to the club expecting to play inder him and now he is gone before anything has really started. He deserved to have a few more months to show what he is made of.

I dont think he was the right man in the first place, but he should have been given time instead of reacting to the first bit of bad press.

It wasn't the press that got him sacked, it was the dressing room. You cannot treat PL players the way he did, this is not League One. If the players don't want to work for you then you have to go, same with Mancini, same with AVB at Chelsea, etc. Treat your players like shit and they will resent you, you can't build a team like that.

Wes

venison crêpe
Either my browser is playing up or I can't see what Shatner has done.
Is there a face faded in to the image?

Hixx

He got sacked cos it kicked ooff in training yesterday

It wasn't the press that got him sacked, it was the dressing room. You cannot treat PL players the way he did, this is not League One. If the players don't want to work for you then you have to go, same with Mancini, same with AVB at Chelsea, etc. Treat your players like shit and they will resent you, you can't build a team like that.

True, but some of those players were disgraceful. He was too no nonsense. I think his and Mancini's biggest problem is that both do not understand how their players are not as good as them.

Wilbur

Banned
Watching MOTD now. Saturday's one first. Delaying the pain.

Observations:

- Mirallas really reminds me of Suarez
- I hope Morrison gets an extended run for West Ham and all his personal problems are over
- Lukaku's presence alone unsettled them so much, goddamn

Top Bottom