• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

Juventus 2 - 1 Verona

juvefotogrupposmall.jpg

Tevez goal (Bonucci with another assist!)
ib2G2vvpkZAkRi.gif

Llorente goal (So that's what a cross looks like!)
iq2IhXqFTEcmH.gif

*BONUS* Tevez with dat double wood *curses*
ismhxJoGv3Mtb.gif

nandossmall.png

Wilbur

Banned
Honestly Baines is world class. People seem to acknowledge him as being great but always forget him when they're naming Alba, Cole, whoever else. He's absolutely fantastic.

Lukaku is amazing as well, sheer physical presence alone is fucking top but he can score, he can pass, he makes some very very good runs and spots some very very good runs. Gonna be a good player.

The worst part is the bullshit spurt of effort in the last 10 minutes or so.

So the 6-1 again, lol. Eh, I expected us to get tonked, it'll just be depressing seeing how poor we are.

GorillaJu

This is exactly what I predicted would happen with Di Canio. He did a good job seeing out the rest of the season last time, but would be on thin ice if he didn't get the axe in the summer. Di Matteo would be a good appointment if they could manage it. With all the recent Italian acquisitions he'd be a good shout.

And Borini's playing time might be better than a non-Italian

Clegg

Moyes is gonna have to make changes obv.

We set out too defensively yesterday and were destroyed because of it. Fellaini needs to go box to box and leave the more devensive duties to Carrick. Rio, Young, Welbeck and Valencia need to be dropped for a while. Pains me to say that about Rio coz he was a world class defender in his prime but he's been very poor this season. We need to rotate more as well. Rio should never have been asked to play 3 games in the space of a week. He's just not able for it.

Give Zaha and Nani more opportunites and let Kagawa have a go in the middle. Hernandez has been overlooked this season and I don't get why. He's an excellent poacher and has qualitie no other striker in our team possesses.

Clegg

Daniel Taylor sticking the boot in.

3) Young is not good enough

OK, perhaps it is slightly unfair to identify one player when Manchester United were so collectively fragile. Ashley Young, however, is in danger of becoming the player the United fans dislike the most. He is a winger whose speciality is not crossing, or passing, or shooting, but diving. He was substituted against Manchester City after losing the ball for the fourth goal and the brilliantly incisive wing play from Jesús Navas and Samir Nasri merely highlighted Young's shuffling efforts. He looks short of confidence and it has been like this for so long now it is becoming increasingly difficult to remember those encouraging early performances after he had signed from Aston Villa. He looks, put bluntly, out of his depth.

He already is.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ancelotti is quoted by The Guardian as saying "I think that the pre-season was very unusual and not just in the physical aspect but also the mental aspect; he has waited a long time [to join Madrid]. I think that is the problem. He played 60 minutes against Villarreal and 30 against Galatasaray and we were working to improve his physical condition."

lol

Bale won't be fully fit until January when Madrid are out of the title race.

Wilbur

Banned
We played him yesterday, I assume, for his defensive work compared to Kagawa.

Did fuck all by the looks of things. Fucking cunt. Hope we sell him to Norwich.

YOUNG BEHIND EVRA I DON'T EVEN KNOW

bjaelke

Definitely rest Agger for the United game. No point rushing him back now that we finally have decent cover for that position.

I don't know.

I feel like we can't take risks with any game. Sakho needs time on the training field, in my opinion, and Agger brings a calmness to our defending. We can't go through games conceding two goals, not that we definitely would if Sakho or someone else played, but I want to see us return to the solidity at the back, which, to me, means playing Agger.

FUCK IT RISK IT YOLO SUAREZ IS BACK FOR THE MANCS THEY'LL JUST PLAY ZAHAHAHA
Viktor Fagerström @ViktorFagerLFC
Agger: "I'm not free from my injury and I shouldn't have played. I thought I'd work but it didn't."

Who's laughing now?!
threesixty

Wilbur

Banned
Ooh that's a lovely free kick. Waz all is forgiven you are our only hope now Ashley Williams' wayward shot finally gave RVP a haemorrhage

Wilbur

Banned
Does anyone in the world have a worse voice than Michael Owen? My ex loves him as well, even more reason to hate the little cunt

Dunno.

As long as it's not Poyet, Pulis or McLeish. If it's any of them I am not going back.

Shearer?

Will probs be Di Matteo I guess, CL winner at Sunderland to keep John O'Shea company when Wes is injured.

pulga

Banned
Juventus 2 - 1 Verona

Tevez goal (Bonucci with another assist!)
ib2G2vvpkZAkRi.gif

*BONUS* Tevez with dat double wood *curses*
ismhxJoGv3Mtb.gif

Tevez's first goal is utterly fantastic. The way it curves into the net, shooting with his right is hnnnggggworthy. So unlucky not to have the double post shot go in, would've been an even better goal!

Tc91

Average positions

jbcfs4Ap0of4h8.jpg

Fucking atrocious player. Like Wilbury said I've never hated a United player before either from what I can remember. Young I actually really fucking hate. Dogshit player.

If he plays over Kagawa on Wednesday then Shinji's career at United is over.

pappe

How.. How is it possible that a full back plays ahead of the winger most of the time??

What is Young doing? What is Evra doing? What is Moyes doing?

Wilbur

Banned
How.. How is it possible that a full back plays ahead of the winger most of the time??

What is Young doing? What is Evra doing? What is Moyes doing?

Not Moyes' fault, happened under Ferg as well. Evra wants to be a winger, Young doesnt know how to be a winger.

I can't believe I'm still talking about Ashley Keeping Other Players Out Young. This is how much I hate him. I can't stop talking shit.

We can't even sell him because of the ridiculous wages he's on.

pissed_sale_medium.gif

Top Bottom