• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/3740559/Ashley-Young-is-on-a-par-with-Lionel-Messi.html

He doesn't know how to be a winger, but knows how to be a messi? How does that work Wilbur?

309882_heroa.jpg

GUYS

stop overreacting and look on the bright side

Now you'll never see Young on the team sheet ever again.

Jesus. If the Liverpool match wasn't dreadful enough, that derby was utterly awful. What the fuck Moyes? One sub? Your team looking like scattered shit and the best you can muster is one substitute of one shite player who has been worthless in your line ups for another struggling player who has been a failure in your line ups?

I am concerned. I'm not freaking out, but I am concerned. Two observations about manager influence that are easy to notice are substitutions and formation tactics and start of second half motivation/energy/changes and Moyes showed poorly on all of these fronts. I know I am just a pissed off arm-chair-manager United fan because of that disgraceful showing but I remain concerned about Moyes being a bag of shit with big away matches.

How shit is Ashley Yong?! I don't want to see him on the pitch. Smalling looked severely outclassed as well.

You know how we wanted Moyes to use subs yesterday? Welp.

Moyes used the fewest subs in the PL last season.

But he never lost like this with Everton! He clearly just has to keep doing what he did with Everton and United will finally begin to achieve all of the stunning accolades and medals that Everton won.

faridmon

You know how we wanted Moyes to use subs yesterday? Welp.

Moyes used the fewest subs in the PL last season.

I have been saying this forever, but no, You guys are turning a blind eye. The only sub he uses is when the 84th min hits the mark and even then, betting on no subs actually makes you rich.
But he never lost like this with Everton! He clearly just has to keep doing what he did with Everton and United will finally begin to achieve all of the stunning accolades and medals that Everton won.
Lol

309882_heroa.jpg

GUYS

stop overreacting and look on the bright side

Now you'll never see Young on the team sheet ever again.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Moyes wants to give every player his fair share, he put a group of players in rotation and has been playing them with little change to that as possible. It's why Ferdinand, Young, Welbeck and Cleverly have been starting or being subbed in every so often.

Maybe now he will turn to a new group of players like Shinji, Nani, Chicharito and Evans but I'm not sure if he thinks 5 matches are enough to judge a player on. Realistically I would agree, but I know the true nature of 3/4 players. I think Rio is fine for the time being.

Clegg

Powell scored for Wigan yesterday.

Still played as a striker tho which concerns me a bit. Play him behind the striker Coyley.

kharma45

Redeem code (Quiche says his isnt ready to redeem yet from nuveem, i got mine from US amazon). Download FlyVPN and use the trial, select Vietnam server. Load up origin and it should be done.

Sweet. I've mine pre-loaded and ready to go, will do the old VPN later. Once you use it and it unlocks, do you just get rid and continue as normal?

Peco

Just saw Milan-Napoli. Heh, this is how we should play (defense aside), pretty much. I know that Allegri should be living far, far away from Milanello and that we should get a proper manager, but yesterday night I finally got it.

We keep Allegri because he's a yes man. It's difficult to find another manager who agrees to play like B says and gets to the third place with Zaccardo and Muntari. So, until we find another guy like Allegri, he'll have to do. And, when we'll find him, things won't change, we'll still play with awful players and with a formation decided by Berlusconi. That's how things are at Milan as of today, and will probably stay that way for a while (well, until B leaves or until he starts buying every player on earth).

So what's the point in playing 433 in pre-season games? Why ask for Matri? Why sell a poor midfielder (Bakaye) for a poor trequartista (Birsa)? Why sell Boateng for nothing when Kakà is for free (wages aside)? I mean yes, Berlusconi is a mad tyrant and Allegri is a mediocre, overrated (in Italy) coach, but Galliani is a douche as well. We need to stop thinking about him as a great director, as for now, he's incapable of doing good business with the little money Berlu gives him.

K1LLER7

It's early days, but it looks like Baines would've been a better signing than Fellaini.
In a 4-3-3 Fellani would be a beast.

Carrick and F are too similar. They need a more mobile midfielder with them. Cleverley was the one yesterday. Shinji should be the player imo.

Clegg

It isn't a troll.

Evra is remarkably poor and is very often caught out of position. Having a player of Baines quality there would've made a difference, especially with your wingers defensive qualities.

Yeah but that's a left back issue. We know Evra has been a bit poo for quite a while now. And tbf so does Moyes.

No need to bring Fellaini into it. We didn't choose to sign one of the two. We wanted both but didn't get Baines.

Yeah but that's a left back issue. We know Evra has been a bit poo for quite a while now. And tbf so does Moyes.

No need to bring Fellaini into it. We didn't choose to sign one of the two. We wanted both but didn't get Baines.

Just couldn't be bothered to go deep enough down into the limitless money tank.

nuuvem says i cannot buy fifa14 in my region. fml.

People used a VPN to buy it.

But really just buy it from US amazon, a bit more expensive but don't have to go through all that shit.

Salvadora

It is relevant as you made a (poor) effort to sign both of them and clearly prioritised Fellaini in the end.

Fellaini excels in a more forward position, doesn't he? Or at least looks like he does. With better players ahead of him in that position you perhaps should have turned to another player first. Ergo Baines.

Showaddy

So Sunderland is a club full of morons? Well, it makes sense.

Well the players told him to do one so they've got some sense at least. Not sure why Sunderland thought a controversial manger with only a couple of years experience with one team in League 1/2 was a good idea though...

faridmon

We wouldn't have sold Baines anyway. Unless its an overpriced tag which doesn't make sense to fork it over a 29 year old Left Back.

Fellaini excels in a more forward position, doesn't he? Or at least looks like he does. With better players ahead of him in that position you perhaps should have turned to another player first.

Felli's OG position is in the Defensive Midfield. He is only good at the attacking position when the Ariel game is prioritised.

Blablurn

People used a VPN to buy it.

But really just buy it from US amazon, a bit more expensive but don't have to go through all that shit.

really? when i bought nba 2k13 i could buy it without a vpn.

So what's the point in playing 433 in pre-season games? Why ask for Matri? Why sell a poor midfielder (Bakaye) for a poor trequartista (Birsa)? Why sell Boateng for nothing when Kakà is for free (wages aside)? I mean yes, Berlusconi is a mad tyrant and Allegri is a mediocre, overrated (in Italy) coach, but Galliani is a douche as well. We need to stop thinking about him as a great director, as for now, he's incapable of doing good business with the little money Berlu gives him.

Galliani is a great director when he grabs Ibra for 24m in three years plus one on loan. This summer he didn't prove to be a great director unless you count the Kakà thing, getting him for free and all. He doesn't have money for new players, true, but it's also true that a lot of players (aside from Bale, Neymar and so on) have unrealistic prices. He only gets so far with his gold tie thing and everything, but I agree that both the Ljajic and Honda (Astori too) affaires could've been handled better.

The diktat from Berlusconi was clear: either Allegri plays with the 4312, or he's out. He played with the 433 during the summer because those games weren't worth a thing, but when we had to play official matches (three games in the season, to be honest), here came the trequartista (and Kakà). Selling Boateng was probably the best and the worst thing that could happen this summer: he was ready to play from the first minute, unlike Kakà, but at the same time waiting another year before selling him would've probably meant that we would've earned a bit less.

Birsa and Traorè are two transfers that won't ever make any sense, and Matri might come close. I followed Matri and Birsa Wednesday night, and neither of those fit with Balotelli: I don't think Matri will help (I'd be happy to see him score 20 goals until May, but that won't happen) and will probably hurt Niang (forcing him to go on a loan) when Pazzini gets back. Traorè was sold just because, I guess, buying him in the first place didn't make sense either.

really? when i bought nba 2k13 i could buy it without a vpn.

EA makes them region lock it for their origin keys for some reason.

We wouldn't have sold Baines anyway. Unless its an overpriced tag which doesn't make sense to fork it over a 29 year old Left Back..

Maybe they should just have overpaid though. Or gotten Cuntreao, with a decent bid. Instead they dicked around being incompetent clown and ending up spending more on Fellatio than they had to, which they apparenlty didn't care much about.

Top Bottom