• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

faridmon

Charming fellow. He destroyed Corluka's career with a dreadful tackle when we played Milan two years ago, he should watch himself.

The treatment Wilshire gets is the same treatment Flamini has dished out for his entire career.

Aye the hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

Meier

Holy hell, Mikel's goal this past weekend was his first since January 2007 for Chelsea and his first ever in the Prem? How funny.

faridmon

Meier; I see that you use Rdio, how is it? I bloody hate Spotify now, and especially now that I read that they don't pay artists anything, I was wondering using rdio.

Is the library comparable to Spotify?

I suck at golf on GTAV.

A lot.
Recap of Dexter final two episodes:
*recap*
That recap ended up being longer than expected.
Oh God.

After reading some impressions I was thinking about giving the last two episodes a watch, just for the lol.

Instead, the recap made me think that's not even worth one hour and a half of my time, even if I followed for eight years.

@OptaPaolo said:
1 - AC Milan have always won only 1 of the first 4 games of the season in Serie A under Allegri, even in 10-11 when they won the league. Dip
Wait, what?

Yeah, Opta, let's go with that.

Dibbz

So apparently Chelsea had done a deal with RVP last summer but pulled out because of his age. lol then they go buy Eto'o this year.

Avaram Grant is meant to have let it slip on 5 live. Not sure why he would know though.

Meier

Meier; I see that you use Rdio, how is it? I bloody hate Spotify now, and especially now that I read that they don't pay artists anything, I was wondering using rdio.

Is the library comparable to Spotify?
Yeah, I'm sure there are some slight differences here and there (rdio has a few albums labeled as exclusive so I'd imagine Spotify has their own handful as well) but it's more or less the exact same catalog. I stream at work only and it's just $5 a month to do it through the web. I love it and could never go back.

For what it's worth, I doubt that the artists get much from rdio either. I believe it's like a penny a streamed song or something along those lines. I know in my case, I still buy lots of music and always will, but what rdio has done is made it where I simply don't pirate music at all. I used to download a lot of albums early if something leaked but now I just wait it out and once it's on rdio, listen that way. The streaming services in general have removed any sort of incentive to pirate IMO.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zanetti thinks Inter is only behind Napoli as favorites for the Scudetto.

wait_then_lol_gif.gif

1 - AC Milan have always won only 1 of the first 4 games of the season in Serie A under Allegri, even in 10-11 when they won the league. Dip.

More like Kip innit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibra protecting his nose

BU3PmUgCQAAXmQb.jpg

Reports in the Spanish Press claim that Juventus are likely to make a move for Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Fichajes have claimed that the Bianconeri are targeting the Blancos man, and could make a bid as early as January.

Fichajes believe that a €6m will be tabled in the New Year. It is not revealed however, whether the Santiago Bernabeu side will accept such an offer.

Oh I would love to have Alonso!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 1h

Final stats - we’re top of the PL in passes attempted in opposition half (1639), the final 3rd (867) and most shots on target (34). #THFC

We currently have the best defensive record in European leagues with just one goal conceded in five matches in the Premier League. #THFC

We're going to lose to Chelsea aren't we :(

Batigol

Banned
I wouldn't be boasting about the shots on target stat when they've only scored 5 goals. That's a terrible conversion rate. Just looks silly. The defensive record is solid though

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wouldn't be boasting about the shots on target stat when they've only scored 5 goals. That's a terrible conversion rate. Just looks silly. The defensive record is solid though

To be fair most of those shots are from Andros Townsend (I'm not even kidding).

Salvadora

Nope, that's Spurs, Southampton and Swansea. Spurs and Swansea can fuck off though
I think we're the most neutral of the 'big' teams. That will dissipate somewhat when we become a threat again.

I have quite the soft spot for Swansea & Southampton, the former especially. Come Sunday they can get bent though.

omgkitty

I think we're the most neutral of the 'big' teams. That will dissipate somewhat when we become a threat again.

I have quite the soft spot for Swansea & Southampton, the former especially. Come Sunday they can get bent though.

I liked Swansea until they made us look like fools last season. They can fuck off.

Neville is making absolute sense here about Scholes even without my bias. Carragher asking why Scholes would be better if Gerrard and Lampard scored more to win games, and why did he play on the left for England if he was better? Neville brings up Benitez playing Gerrard on the right, says Paul Scholes is the best player he's ever played with.

Carra - why did Scholes buy Veron?
Neville - Because Scholes is a poor player.

Compared Scholes to Xavi and Pirlo saying that ability to control a match is just as important as a goalscorer.

u go g nev

Hope some of you guys saw that, where do you fit in on the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debate? Club loyalties might be important in this one :lol

I went on Sky sports site yesterday and saw the video.

I defiantly agree with Neville.

omgkitty

I've had several clubs I've liked until they played Arsenal, and I then immediately dislike them after that. My only true allegiance is Arsenal.

Salvadora

I've had several clubs I've liked until they played Arsenal, and I then immediately dislike them after that. My only true allegiance is Arsenal.
It depends on the circumstances for me, usually.

Being outplayed is fair enough, but unsportsmanlike conduct and such is a big no.

Top Bottom