• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Salvadora

We should maybe look at playing Ramsey on the wing against Swansea.
Wasn't it some sort of abdominal pain or something?
This is what he said:
AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 33m
Injury news with Arsenal is always the worst we want to hear, started as a pelvic and abdominal injury for Theo… now what?
Injury crisis already.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Capello is a pundit on Fox now
KuGsj.gif
(translated quotes on various topics):

"If I had been De Rossi, I would have gone to Manchester United to seek out a team where the ambition is very elevated. A few months ago, David Moyes asked me for an opinion on him. One that I couldn't be more positive about."

On Paolo Di Canio's sacking at Sunderland:
"His experience as the Sunderland manager started off well with a win in the derby, but then, he lost the plot. I believe that the rapport with players is fundamental. The players guide you in each moment.
The Sunderland players confirmed that Di Canio had a dictatorial behavior with them. I think that was the problem there. As a player, Di Canio was a good footballer, not a lion's heart, a quality he now has instead as a manager. I would see Roberto Di Matteo do quite well in his place."
On Balotelli's red card v. Napoli:
"I think that his red card against Napoli derived from bitterness for having failed from the spot. He has improved as a player, but I agree with Allegri. You can't talk this way to a referee. He makes the difference at certain times."
On Fat Ronaldo:
"He is the strongest player that I ever managed. Even better than Van Basten. His talent was incredible. Unfortunately, I managed him at the end of his career when he didn't have the desire to sacrifice himself anymore. He did things that others weren't even able to think about."
On Barcelona:
"At this point of the season, I have my doubts. It's true they always win, but one of the best on the pitch is always their keeper. It is a too-stretched out side. On the pitch there is not compact movement in the team. Barcelona will have to be careful when they will face teams on their same level."

arkon

We would take him. He was good for us. Bit selfish and a diver but good. Clearly he has not adjusted to you lot very well though.

It's weird because he started off reasonably well for them. Even his England form. He was playing well before the Euros. After that it all nosedived.

Fergie

Banned
Shit, played around too much in GTA. Online soon, need to finish that SP. It's soo good to roam though, can't help it.

Young was really good at AV. Less pressure all around. Seriously frozen in how he attacks at United. Behaves like he isn't even there.

I don't like hating on players, but shit bruv, live a little, get loose, assume everyone is Arsenal.

Anyway onto Liverpool & WBA, hopefully the players have learnt not to fuck about, that display vs City was just pure shit, no desire. Felt like shit all day after that. Couldn't even play GTA for long.

I agree with some opinions that Carrick should stay back more, let Marwan be box to box, no matter what he thinks.

Fucking hell After Earth is ruined by Smith's son. Utter mong, feels like his voice hasn't cracked yet. Still 6/10, enjoyed it a bit.

rodvik

His wages are high though. It would be difficult to sell him.

Yeah wages would be a problem for sure. As for resale hmm 28, yeah god point.

It's weird because he started off reasonably well for them. Even his England form. He was playing well before the Euros. After that it all nosedived.

Yeah its weird, not sure what happened to him to be honest but he is poor now thats for sure.

Fergie

Banned

Doubt i'll get a PS4 until after next E3. GTA (online) / FIFA / BEYOND / DARK SOULS 2 should be enough to carry me into next summer.

Also 3ds and Vita (lol ;_;) games
I feel same, but it's already preordered. :lol.

I'll probably keep playing my PS3 for a while, huge backlog. Don't even want to mention Steam. I haven't bought nothing for Vita it's all PS+.

K1LLER7

Yeah its weird, not sure what happened to him to be honest but he is poor now thats for sure.

He's realised that Januzaj is coming for his spot in the team and he's powerless in preventing it from happening.

Actually I think teams would pay his wages if he was sold really really cheap.

ibe7Ip6HcjNfFR.gif

io3fm1wafRXJh.gif

De Gea
Rafaael Varane Smalling Fabio
Pogba Ravel Pearson
Januzaj Henriquez Wilson

This could have been the United team of the future. Varane was about to go to United and then Zidane the jack ass convinced him at the last second to go to Madrid. United also would have pushed harder for Varane had Jones not been bought. Jones was only bought a year earlier because Liverpool came sniffing around.

K1LLER7

I feel same, but it's already preordered. :lol.

I'll probably keep playing my PS3 for a while, huge backlog. Don't even want to mention Steam. I haven't bought nothing for Vita it's all PS+.
There's nothing coming around the release launch that would make me pre-order tbh. Hoping that by the time I get it, games such as MGSV and Infamous will be out, along with ported games like Watchdog.

Really need to get PS+ but my 60GB is already full :(

Will have to get an external hard drive sometime.

If United aren't going to play Zaha why not loan him back to Palace? He may save them from being relegated.

He's currently rotting away as he doesn't get to play reserve games either. Powell played in the reserves last year while making first team appearances. Januzaj is currently doing the same. Zaha, well he's just not getting any game time.

OMG, stop it Albania.

pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJkzyVB709E

Let him decide on his own.

Clegg

We signed Zaha for a lot of money so it's easy to see why he hasn't be loaned out. However we'll need to start playing him soon. There's no point in having a talented young player in your squad if you're not going to use him. Our other wingers are in such bad form that we should be willing to give him a go.

Top Bottom