• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

jtb

Banned
Is anyone getting pop-ups of sorts on desktop GAF (like it'll just redirect you to an ad page two or three seconds after the page finishes loading)?

Randdalf

Omar Rowe on

BEBS1MUCAAE9ULT.jpg

Next Walcott.

Next Adi Akinfenwa?

Showaddy

Anyone watch the Chelsea game can say about his performance?

I think people are complaining about his form in front of goal mostly, which is pretty stupid as everyone knows he's a creative player and has never scored regularly. Probably expecting to much after his £30 million fee if I'm honest.

Suen

Lol, I meant the playoff round to get INTO the group stage. With Sociedad beating out Valencia for that CL spot it meant that Zenit was seeded for that round and got to avoid facing Arsenal, Milan, Schalke etc.

Oh and Suen pls, Zenit is making it out of our CL group. We're better than Porto.
I knew you meant that lol. Porto will have a draw with Atletico. But when you meet Porto Jackson will make a fool out of Hulk and he will regret the day he joined Zenit. To be serious; Atletico, Zenit and Porto all have good chance to qualify for the knockout round, it will be fun to see who make it.

Costa has already scored two goals, god he's had such an excellent start this season. Falcao leaving really brought him into the spotlight and for a good reason.

Meier

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2013/9/15/1379203158687/Arturo-Vidal-celebrates-a-008.jpg[IMG]

I'm sorry, but no one even comes close to him[I] right now[/I].[/QUOTE]

Looks like they're both off too a similar start (3 goals in the league) but Yaya also has one in the UCL and now one in a cup game. He's definitely off to an incredible start. He had a hot start last year when he was fresh too but then tailed off as time progressed. I'm hopeful we don't encounter the same drop off this season. I think pairing Ferna with him should be beneficial in that regard. No ACON this season as well thank god.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still can't believe how many creative players Spurs brought in this summer. It feels like the best Christmas ever.

Lamela is getting into the groove as well. Chadli back today, Lennon soon hopefully. We have great options in attacking midfield.

Wilbur

Banned
Thoughts:

- Spurs decimated Villa there but you compare the depth in their respective squads and that's no surprise. Good professional win though and they managed to rest a fair few for the weekend.
- no idea how Helenius didn't get a penalty but it was hilarious so I don't give a fuck hahaha
- Vidal > Toure
- Suso is gud. Pls dont make me say it again.
- Atletico are awesome, fuck I hope they can keep it up! Unlikely tho
- Fulham are such a weird team

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BU85CYcCMAAi2qc.png

So weird.

Looks like they're both off too a similar start (3 goals in the league) but Yaya also has one in the UCL and now one in a cup game. He's definitely off to an incredible start. He had a hot start last year when he was fresh too but then tailed off as time progressed. I'm hopeful we don't encounter the same drop off this season. I think pairing Ferna with him should be beneficial in that regard. No ACON this season as well thank god.

He scored two from FKs though, right? Which is not the same at all.

But goals aside, Vidal (currently) offers so much more than just goals.

Top Bottom