• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

Se saltelli, la salta Balotelli!

BU85CYcCMAAi2qc.png

So weird.

The hell is this? Llorente + Quaglia makes no sense at all to me. Draw incoming.

Why? They have been doing great since Diego Simeone took over. Obviously they have some ups and downs, but in general they have been doing great for a while now.

I image Wilbs means that if they drop points in a single match, they're out of the title race :p

@Arnie, what did his teammate do?

Arnie

RODRI IS FUCKING SHIT

Is that the same Rodri that was at Wednesday last season?

He's a cunt.

They just mentioned the words Suso, Barcelona, and Real Madrid.

Spain GAF, translate.

Suen

Thoughts:

- Spurs decimated Villa there but you compare the depth in their respective squads and that's no surprise. Good professional win though and they managed to rest a fair few for the weekend.
- no idea how Helenius didn't get a penalty but it was hilarious so I don't give a fuck hahaha
- Vidal > Toure
- Suso is gud. Pls dont make me say it again.
- Atletico are awesome, fuck I hope they can keep it up! Unlikely tho
- Fulham are such a weird team
Wilbrrrr pls they are playing against Osasuna. But otherwise Atletico are very good, looking even stronger this season despite losing Falcao, exciting!

Meier

He scored two from FKs though, right? Which is not the same at all.

But goals aside, Vidal (currently) offers so much more than just goals.

Well, I think you know that Yaya does as well (offers more than goals). That he has 5 goals thus far is just a hugely added benefit. Three of them now have come from FKs although the biggest was the one against United which did not. Honestly though, I think a goal via FK is far more impressive than one from open play.

I don't advocate that he's playing better than Vidal per se, but I don't think it's out of the question to suggest as much. Both teams are very lucky. :)

Suen

Calderon feels so empty tonight, you notice it even more when the fans chant in response to the guy screaming through the speaker. There's not enough fans there this night. I suppose even Atleti fans don't give a shit about a game against Osasuna. Truly a two-team shit league :lol

deroli

Back from the DFB Pokal match against 1860 München. Boy was it a tough piece of work, I just had to look at the stats: 38 shots, 18 corners, hit the woodwork four times and yet it took us 105 minutes to score. I believe that if we hadn't gotten that penalty in extra time, the game would have ended in a penalty shoot-out. But with one goal and one player down, 1860 barely participated in the final 15 minutes. To be honest, they didn't have a single really threatening chance during the whole match.
The atmosphere was quite special, too. The 1860 supporters celebrated every corner, set piece and even throw-in they got. It felt like it was the game of the season for them. So many fans with match scarves and DFB Pokal shirts.
Oh and it's SO great to be able to ride to the stadium by bicycle. No traffic jams on the autobahn, no crowded trains. I could get used to this.

Arnie

Did everyone talk about how Suso was in the La Liga team of the week, by the way.

Casually getting a higher score than Messi and Fabregas.

Suen

Did everyone talk about how Suso was in the La Liga team of the week, by the way.

Casually getting a higher score than Messi and Fabregas.
Fabregas does not count, Barca made him into shit. Suso wouldn't even be Arsenal-Fabregas's left nut.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

empty.gif

Well, I think you know that Yaya does as well (offers more than goals). That he has 5 goals thus far is just a hugely added benefit. Three of them now have come from FKs although the biggest was the one against United which did not. Honestly though, I think a goal via FK is far more impressive than one from open play.

I don't advocate that he's playing better than Vidal per se, but I don't think it's out of the question to suggest as much. Both teams are very lucky. :)

65589-zooey-deschanel-reaction-gif-PpHz.gif

FootballFan

Shit Neymar scored his first goal in Liga tonight?

So what the fuck has he been doing all this time?

Won us the super cup, assisted goals and performed better than Messi the rest of the time.

That's how we do it. Ronaldinho 2.0 is here.

Jk1PuNQ.jpg

And not even kidding, if Messi wasn't having this random bad finishing all of a sudden Neymar would have about 4 assists more. Messi is probably missing on purpose the jealous cunt.

Watch this plug.

Messi ruined the goal of the season.

I knew you meant that lol. Porto will have a draw with Atletico. But when you meet Porto Jackson will make a fool out of Hulk and he will regret the day he joined Zenit. To be serious; Atletico, Zenit and Porto all have good chance to qualify for the knockout round, it will be fun to see who make it.

Costa has already scored two goals, god he's had such an excellent start this season. Falcao leaving really brought him into the spotlight and for a good reason.

Suen pls, by the time Zenit play Porto Hulk will have lost his starting spot in the lineup to Arshavin. And no one can make a fool out of Arshavin
except Wenger's shitty management.

FootballFan

Is Neymar an upgrade over David Villa?

He is different. Scoring wise so far definitely not, but he suits the team better and looks to assist more.

Maybe the fact that he only was getting subbed in or just 55mins in the first few games has something to do with lack of goals but that is my only complaint so far really.

He defends, works hard, links up well, dribbles past players and assists. Just gotta steal Messi's shooting boots.

He is different. Scoring wise so far definitely not, but he suits the team better and looks to assist more.

Maybe the fact that he only was getting subbed in or just 55mins in the first few games has something to do with lack of goals but that is my only complaint so far really.

He defends, works hard, links up well, dribbles past players and assists. Just gotta steal Messi's shooting boots.

Neymar for 50 million: 1 goal
Arshavin on a free: 4 goals

#BasedGazprom

Nope.

He's flimsy and doesn't threaten the goal enough.

He's lanky, but is extremely good at using his body and working with his back facing the goal. He's not Shinji who can get shrugged off the ball and struggle with physicality. The only time he falls over is when he wins free kicks.

His technique is really really good. I don't think I've ever heard anyone argue the opposite.

It's true that he doesn't score much though. He does when he plays against players that are his age, but hasn't replicated his goal scoring form against older opponents.

Cheat sheet for Januzaj:
Pros: Vision, Technique, Decision making
Cons: Finishing, Pace (although he still manages to skip past players whenever he wants to)

I'm already pre cumming at the thought of him physically maturing.

FootballFan

Nope.

He's flimsy and doesn't threaten the goal enough.

Nah I disagree with your first point, there's a reason #DatHoldUpPlay is a thing with him. He has good balance and knows how to use his body.

He doesn't threaten the goal directly a lot that's true but he does open opportunities for his team mates to threaten the goal directly.

Top Bottom