• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Jack cw

Or maybe he's also just annoyed to get confronted with it every few days?

It's obvious he wanted to go to Bayern this summer and he looks to be okay with staying another year at Dortmund. But I don't think he's all that happy to get asked the same shitty questions every few days, although everbody knows what's up.

Edit: And like I said above, these weekly non-news about Lewy to Bayern are annoying. Who knows, maybe today's was the reason that our media guy arranged something for Lewy to answer to finally end this shit.

I am happy for him. It finally came to an end. Having Mandzukic and Lewandowski is nearly overkill, but Bayern keeps hammering with their transfers lately... Thiago, Götze, and now Lewandowski. I havent seen a club having so many great players from 1-22.

The most insulting thing this summer was the mere idea that Arsenal deserve a player of Suarez's caliber. I'm not surprised Liverpool responded with the requisite disdain to a club that bids a given amount +1 for a player, after having been told directly that the player won't be sold, even for that amount.

And it wasn't just Liverpool fans who enjoyed seeing Aston Villa bend Arsenal's petulant bottom over their knee. Your team put on a comedy show - do you expect us all not to laugh?

Suarez caliber?

We signed a vastly superior player who will dominate the league for the next five years. Suarez is arguably your second or third best player to have played for Liverpool in the last 20 years. I do not know if he would even crack our top 10 of the last 10 years. Henry, Viera, Pires, Bergkamp, Fabregas, RVP, Big Gay Sol, Cashley Ozil
maybe just crack the top 10

Linius

7GcCpmg.png

Going to my first CL game next week :D

With the recent results in mind that could be a hell of a night :p

bjaelke

Suarez caliber?

We signed a vastly superior player who will dominate the league for the next five years. Suarez is arguably your second or third best player to have played for Liverpool in the last 20 years. I do not know if he would even crack our top 10 of the last 10 years. Henry, Viera, Pires, Bergkamp, Fabregas, RVP, Big Gay Sol, Cashley Ozil
Ozil had 3 games for you and you're already putting him next to the likes of Henry and Bergkamp?

qPJBXss.gif

Yen

Suarez caliber?

"Big gay Sol"?

Clegg

Moyes is coming out with some ridiculous statements about how we may have some hammerings still in store for us. Maybe we do but you don't publicly air those views. You keep that sort of thing in house.

7GcCpmg.png

Going to my first CL game next week :D

With the recent results in mind that could be a hell of a night :p

Cool great first game to go to. Europeans nights are always so much better than regular games. When the music starts you will be buzzing!!!!! Also the passion of the away fans is always something that makes it even more special.

As an Italian, I hope you get beat
sorry

Jack cw

Ozil had 3 games for you and you're already putting him next to the likes of Henry and Bergkamp?
Regardless of the amount of games he IS the best nr. 10 worldwide. He might not score that much like Henry or Dennis, and is not that spectacular but he is a killer with his passes.

Lightning

Banned
Suarez caliber?

You put Ozil in the category of Fabregas after 3 fucking games?

Fabregas carried a team of idiots for years ensuring we mainatined our CL football, helped us play some of the best football we've seen, played with a broken leg, when his grandfather passed away etc... No just NO dude.

And you are underestimating how good Suarez is by a long way. He would waltz straight into any of our teams under Wenger when he plays like he did last season.

Regardless of the amount of games he IS the best nr. 10 worldwide. He might not score that much like Henry or Dennis, and is not that spectacular but he is a killer with his passes.
He's outstanding. I'm delighted to have him but he should not be compared to those who have done it for us until he is done it for us.

pappe

Moyes is coming out with some ridiculous statements about how we may have some hammerings still in store for us. Maybe we do but you don't publicly air those views. You keep that sort of thing in house.

He is playing safe just like his football tactics.

If we end up getting battered a few more times he says I told you so. If we manage to win he says we are doing better than expected. Just making his position absolutely safe and keeping the media off his back by giving the impression he knows what he is doing.

qPJBXss.gif

No, i was talking about the caliber of the players. I think all those players are better than Suarez so Arsenal have had a higher caliber of player the last ten years. So i d not know what he was chatting about.

Big Gay Sol is Sol Campbell's nickname:D

Clegg

Moyes also says that he's looking to sign 2 players to fit straight into the first team. So that's a left back and a cm probably. Maybe even a winger.

You put Ozil in the category of Fabregas after 3 fucking games?

Fabregas carried a team of idiots for years ensuring we mainatined our CL football, helped us play some of the best football we've seen, played with a broken leg, when his grandfather passed away etc... No just NO dude.

And you are underestimating how good Suarez is by a long way. He would waltz straight into any of our teams under Wenger when he plays like he did last season.

You misinterpreted what I meant, i never said anything about best player but he had mentioned caliber of the player. Ozil is a higher caliber of player IMO.

I rate Suarez, but he is slighly overrated. His conversion rate is awful.

Also if you are talking about him walking in, what position would that be at???

Lightning

Banned
No, i was talking about the caliber of the players. I think all those players are better than Suarez so Arsenal have had a higher caliber of player the last ten years. So i d not know what he was chatting about.

Big Gay Sol is Sol Campbell's nickname:D
That's debateable though, Ozil for all we know could want to leave after 2 years. Would you line him up next to Cesc and Henry then? I doubt it.

He has the talent but he needs to produce for us and he is off to a cracking start at doing that.

Linius

Cool great first game to go to. Europeans nights are always so much better than regular games. When the music starts you will be buzzing!!!!! Also the passion of the away fans is always something that makes it even more special.

As an Italian, I hope you get beat
sorry

Chances are greater we get beat, I have to be realistic. That's why I need a ticket to the Celtic game too, then our odds are better.

Jack cw

He's outstanding. I'm delighted to have him but he should not be compared to those who have done it for us until he is done it for us.
True, but he is the best player you have in you squad since Cesc. And Özil has proven himself with Real and the national team. Its the same with all great teams. The individual only shines if the rest of the squad is good too. Arsenal 2004-2006 had Henry, yes, but he wasnt the only great player back then.

That's debateable though, Ozil for all we know could want to leave after 2 years. Would you line him up next to Cesc and Henry then? I doubt it.

He has the talent but he needs to produce for us and he is off to a cracking start at doing that.

Of course not, but i was never talking about legacy. Just about the types of players who have played for us. I would put 9 players who have shown superior form to Suarez. So Arsenal have had higher caliber players to Liverpool the last ten years.

It always angered me reading the comments that Suarez was too good for Arsenal, even from Ian Wright and Lee Dixon

Clegg

Nothing is worse than getting up early for uni and then realising you have no lectures that day.

I'm going back to bed.

/student

Suen

Suen pls, by the time Zenit play Porto Hulk will have lost his starting spot in the lineup to Arshavin. And no one can make a fool out of Arshavin
except Wenger's shitty management.
I thought we were friends Sviato. I'm disappointed.

#Spartak13/14

Lightning

Banned
PSH, don't insult him.

jtb doesn't get involved in petty rivalries.
*Looks at jtb's history regarding Liverpool's comments*

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I love it when jtb talks about Liverpool.

Ozil is much better than Cazorla at dictating play and finding the right pass but Cazorla scores more goals and takes more shots on goal.

Clegg

Surely getting up early and actually having to go to lectures is worse?
At least you're getting up for something.

I've been awake for the last hour getting ready for Uni when I could have been sleeping. I could always go out for that haircut I've been meaning to get. But its raining so fuck that.

So, Balo said to the ref "I'll kill you" after the game vs Napoli and because of that: Milan left him alone, Allegri clearly stopped defending him, he'll miss the next three Serie A games (he'll play vs Ajax, of course) and he's going to be fined 240k euros.

I, for once, like what Milan and Galliani are doing. Better get this guy on the right path now (it seems pretty late to me, but it's worth trying) than having him end his career like Cassano. Milan is pretty much his last chance, if he wants to become an important player for both the club and Italy.

Suen

All games I want to watch today start at the same time except the Madrid game which starts an hour after them. Bad schedule :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*Looks at jtb's history regarding Liverpool's comments*

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I love it when jtb talks about Liverpool.
:lol :lol

Alright so maybe he hates Liverpool, but I'm sure there's an element of science behind it and not just cold-blooded, calculated hate-mongering.

The champions intro in Naples during Napoli - B. Dortmund:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY5iQ6uDWTU

The German journalists were shitting their pants.

The Times say Moyes wants to sign two world class players. It's also saying we definitely bid for Bale.

Just seems crazy that United were willing to spend that amount of money, but would not give Everton a couple eztra million for Baines.

Something does not add up.

FootballFan

Just seems crazy that United were willing to spend that amount of money, but would not give Everton a couple eztra million for Baines.

Something does not add up.

Neither that article or Perez say how much United bid. 40m maximum if I had to guess.

All it says is that a bid was made by ManUtd

GorillaJu

You misinterpreted what I meant, i never said anything about best player but he had mentioned caliber of the player. Ozil is a higher caliber of player IMO.

I rate Suarez, but he is slighly overrated. His conversion rate is awful.

Also if you are talking about him walking in, what position would that be at???

Yes, surely Ozil is just a higher caliber of player. This is why when you offered Liverpool the same amount you offered Real for Ozil, you got laughed at and told to beat it.

So, Balo said to the ref "I'll kill you" after the game vs Napoli and because of that: Milan left him alone, Allegri clearly stopped defending him, he'll miss the next three Serie A games (he'll play vs Ajax, of course) and he's going to be fined 240k euros.

I, for once, like what Milan and Galliani are doing. Better get this guy on the right path now (it seems pretty late to me, but it's worth trying) than having him end his career like Cassano. Milan is pretty much his last chance, if he wants to become an important player for both the club and Italy.
TWO HUNDRED FORTY THOUSAND EUROS

I get that that's peanuts for professional footballer but where is the money going?

Yes, surely Ozil is just a higher caliber of player. This is why when you offered Liverpool the same amount you offered Real for Ozil, you got laughed at and told to beat it.

We live in a world where Gareth Bale is the most ezpensive player ever. Valuations dont mean jack shit.

I hope Liverpool and their fans enjoy having a player who would rather be anywhere else other than Liverpool.

TWO HUNDRED FORTY THOUSAND EUROS

I get that that's peanuts for professional footballer but where is the money going?

Milan's bank, I guess (when the FIGC fines players and/or teams, the money goes to charity, but this is a thing that Milan is doing, nobody from the outside asked for it). It's 80k for each game he'll miss.

Top Bottom