• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

pappe

Juventus increased revenue by 32.8 per cent in the last financial year, but still recorded a loss of €15.9m.

The club held its Board of Directors meeting today and approved the draft financial statements for the financial year endind June 30 2013.

Although it closed with a loss of €15.9m, this was significantly less than the €48.6m of the previous financial year.

Much of that was helped by a 32.8 per cent increase in revenues, which climbed to €70m, of which €65.3m were down to television and radio rights for the Champions League.

There was also an increase in operating costs of €20.8m, 10 per cent more than the financial year 2011-12.

The total Juventus debt as of June 30 2013 stood at €160.3m.

This statement also confirmed the Bianconeri saved €1.9m in wages by terminating Lucio’s contract in December 2012.

The 2012-13 season ticket campaign made a net revenue of €19.8m, an increase of 30.3 per cent.

It is good to see Juve is continuing to go in the right direction. Hopefully they will continue to grow there commercial revenue streams. A few more successful seasons should see a nice bidding war between Nike and addidas, who are rumoured to be bidding when it is up. Will surely just be a matter of time before the naming rights are sold to the stadium. they definetly need to raise more revenue, because the wage bill will continue to shoot up over the next few years.

Edit: oh and Gattuso just got sacked, never saw that coming.

A new book being published in Spain this week claims Jose Mourinho cried when he heard that David Moyes was to replace Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager.

The revelation is included in Preparense para perder (Get Ready to Lose) by El Pais' Real Madrid correspondent Diego Torres -- who is known in Spain for being highly critical of Mourinho, Los Blancos president Florentino Perez and Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes.

Torres claims in his new book that the now Chelsea manager was very keen on replacing Ferguson at Old Trafford, and thought that his close relationship with the Scot -- as well as the former Aberdeen boss’ regular dealings with Mendes -- meant he was in prime position for the job.

According to an extract published in El Pais, Mourinho was very emotional when the news broke on May 8 that Feruguson had chosen Moyes as his successor.

“Jose Mourinho did not stop calling [sports agency Gestifute] employees,” Torres claims. “Those he was talking to, could hear him noisily sobbing and word spread. The most feared man in the company was crushed.”

Torres writes that Mendes had worked harder than any other agent in trying to ensure Mourinho got the United job, while it was also thought around Gestifute -- the book says -- that the agency's close relationship with the English club through recent years would be an advantage.

But Ferguson and senior United figures, including Sir Bobby Charlton, were unsure about Mourinho’s turbulent style, and preferred to go for Moyes. The Portuguese apparently shouted: “But he's won nothing,” when he heard the former Everton boss had beaten him to the job.

Torres says Mourinho blamed his failure to get the United job on the “disloyal” behaviour of the Madrid players he had long fallen out with -- the boss snubbed his own team ahead of their game against Malaga that night, which was won 6-2 at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

Tuesday’s extract also claims that a Gestifute employee “leaked” a story to the press the following day (May 9), saying Mourinho preferred to take the Chelsea job as his wife wanted to live in London. Meanwhile, the Portuguese soon told interviewers that he and Ferguson had previously discussed their futures, but he himself had always been set on returning to Stamford Bridge.

ae0dcd4fMoyes-Smile.png

De Sciglio, Montolivo and El Shaarawy will be available for the CL match vs Ajax. Good to see all three of them back, Monto and De Sciglio were missed. A lot.

FootballFan

Not surprised at all.

I already knew this as fact.

Oh just seemed like you were surprised. Which surprised me...considering how obvious it was that Mou wanted ManUtd.

"The better team lost" after the Madrid - ManUtd CL game was so cringe-worthy.

Blatant brown-nosing, probably feels like a dumbass thinking back to that moment now.

I feel a formation coming on...

--------------------------Lindehop------------------------

Fabio--------Evans----------Smalling-------Butters

Nani-------Anderson-------Cleverley-------Januzaj

----------------------------Kagawa------------------------

-----------------------------Chicha-------------------------

FootballFan

Imagine how much worse it felt for Mou when he realised that after the ass-kissing he did to try to get the ManUtd job, that his biggest rival/nightmare, Pep, who had beat SAF in 2 CL finals, was still preferred over him lol.

Not only that, but Pep had the choice to live Mou's dream but still didn't pick ManUtd. This would have made him go nuts. And then to rub salt into the wound, Moyes was still ahead of him.

Fuck :lol

Imagine how much worse it felt for Mou when he realised that after the ass-kissing he did to try to get the ManUtd job, that his biggest rival/nightmare, Pep, who had beat SAF in 2 CL finals, was still preferred over him lol.

Not only that, but Pep had the choice to live Mou's dream but still didn't pick ManUtd. This would have made him go nuts. And then to rub salt into the wound, Moyes was still ahead of him.

I like you.

I feel a formation coming on...

--------------------------Lindehop------------------------

Fabio--------Evans----------Smalling-------Butters

Nani-------Anderson-------Cleverley-------Januzaj

----------------------------Kagawa------------------------

Moyes will definitely field a "stronger" team than that.

We want cameras in Mou's house when Moyes is being knighted.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We picked Ciro and then Delneri over Conte.

And even after appointing Conte he wasn't even our first choice was he?

I like you.

Moyes will definitely field a "stronger" team than that.

My bad...

--------------------------De Gea------------------------

Fabio----------Evans------------Vidic----------Evra

Nani-------Anderson-------Cleverley-------Kagawa

----------------------------Giggs---------------------------

:/

Thank SAF he wasnt even on the list. We can talk about Klopp if he manges to win an international trophy.
We can talk about Klopp when his contract runs out. There is no chance for anyone to get him before that.

Also fucking laughing my ass off you think Klopp isn't good enough for United. Still hurt you signed Klinsmann?

Thank SAF he wasnt even on the list. We can talk about Klopp if he manges to win an international trophy.

I'm not saying shit about Pep. He's great, and one of the best managers in the world. All I'm saying is Klopp's managing reminds me a lot of SAF, and would probably take a hold of Man Utd. reigns better than any other manager will.

K1LLER7

----------- Lindergd ----------

Fabio --- Evans - Jones -- Buttner

------- Cleverley - Giggs ---------

Nani ------- Rooney -------- Kagawa

-------------- Chicha ----------------

Jack cw

I'm not saying shit about Pep. He's great, and one of the best managers in the world. All I'm saying is Klopp's managing reminds me a lot of SAF, and would probably take a hold of Man Utd. reigns better than any other manager will.

You have to understand that being coach in the Bundesliga works entirely different than the manager in the BPL. Klopp has strong support from Dortmunds lead and has a sports director that handles all the managment. He is incredibly good, no doubt but I think a huge club like Manu would be too much to handle for him and I think he knows that and thats why he prefers to stay in Dortmund. I see him more at Bayern if Guardiola fails or leaves after 3 years.
haha, joke post right?
No. Not really.

FootballFan

You have to understand that being coach in the Bundesliga works entirely different than the manager in the BPL. Klopp has strong support from Dortmunds lead and has a sports director that handles all the managment. He is incredibly good, no doubt but I think a huge club like Manu would be too much to handle for him and I think he knows that and thats why he prefers tos tay in Dortmund. I see him more at Bayern if Guardiola fails or leaves after 3 years.

Klopp will coach Atletico to CL glory after Simeone leaves to Chelsea next season.

You have to understand that being coach in the Bundesliga works entirely different than the manager in the BPL. Klopp has strong support from Dortmunds lead and has a sports director that handles all the managment. He is incredibly good, no doubt but I think a huge club like Manu would be too much to handle for him and I think he knows that and thats why he prefers to stay in Dortmund. I see him more at Bayern if Guardiola fails or leaves after 3 years.

No. Not really.
You dream of that lol

Jack cw

Also fucking laughing my ass off you think Klopp isn't good enough for United. Still hurt you signed Klinsmann?

Of course I'm hurt... This was one the saddest time for any Bayer supporter. But not because of Klopp, but for our bosses being so naive. And Klopp would fail at United right now, yes.

pappe

I would take Klopp at United in a heartbeat. We needed some fresh strategies. Moyes is SAF's brother from another mother. They are too much alike.

Jack cw

You dream of that lol
Haha, yes I do! :p
So a coach who has never won anything or coached in the CL is better than a manager who won back to back titles and reacged a CL final and plays some of the best football in Europe???
Yes. You can play as fancy as you like, but you have to win something with it. Klopp is among the best 3 coaches right now. All I'm saying is that Manu might be to big for him right now. He needs to develop his idea with Dortmund to the end. Then he can see if he's ready for a big club.

Arnie

Really hope Alberto gets a start tonight. Suarez will take the limelight but this boy's gonna slip in under the bucktoothed radar.

Walshy

Really hope Alberto gets a start tonight. Suarez will take the limelight but this boy's gonna slip in under the bucktoothed radar.
He's a talent. Scored a hatrick for the under 21s the other week and I thought he was really mature when he came on against United last time.

Sturridge
Moses Alberto Suarez
Allen Lucas
Enrique Sakho Ilori Kelly
Mignolet

Thats the team I'd play.

Mastadon

Banned
He's a real talent. Scored a hatrick for the under 21s the other week and I thought he was really mature when he came on against United last time.

Sturridge
Moses Alberto Suarez
Allen Lucas
Enrique Sakho Ilori Kelly
Mignolet

Thats the team I'd play.

Yeah I like the look of that, although I'm not sure llori will play this early. I was thinking

Mig
Enrique Skrtel Sakho Kelly
Allen Lucas
Moses Alberto Sterling
Suarez

Think Studge could use a rest.

Top Bottom