• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Yes. You can play as fancy as you like, but you have to win something with it. Klopp is among the best 3 coaches right now. All I'm saying is that Manu might be to big for him right now. He needs to develop his idea with Dortmund to the end. Then he can see if he's ready for a big club.

If Klopp develops his idea to the end like you say, he'll never leave BVB lol

Klopp's basic idea of football has been there since his first days at Mainz, inspired by Wolfgang Frank. Although Mainz obviously didn't have the players to win anything with that style. Klopp however slighty tweaks his idea of football, depending on what players there are. See Kagawa/Götze/Mkhitaryan for example. And the day he ends the tweaks and "developed his idea to an end" is the day he'll be old and suck.

Mastadon

Banned
I'd go with this.

Maybe swap Ibe for Moses.

Ibe and Sterling playing together on the wings would both terrify and delight me.

Fuck it, get Ryan McLaughlin in there too

Edit: Not sure if it has been posted, but did everyone see Morgan's goal for the u21's against City the other night?

Fry

Is Suarez playing?

I hope he does while Django is rested for the weekend. And then they play together against Sunderland.

mulling on what game to watch later on. United v Liverpool is the game to watch but Arsenal potentially losing is so tempting...

fuck Newcastle.

Suen

Oh just seemed like you were surprised. Which surprised me...considering how obvious it was that Mou wanted ManUtd.

"The better team lost" after the Madrid - ManUtd CL game was so cringe-worthy.

Blatant brown-nosing, probably feels like a dumbass thinking back to that moment now.
But the better team did in fact lose that night. Man Utd was playing really good and if we didn't have Lopez they would have likely beaten us or at least taken the game to ET, with ten men. It may sound cringe-worthy but he really said nothing wrong, Untied played better than us.

gweu2.gif

Did he even attend to some coaching school? Or he retired and just decided to coach, like Maradona?
It was meant to fail.

He was Sion's coach-player for a few months last season, then signed for Palermo in June. His experience was very... Basic.

Edit: actually, Sion sacked him as well.

Did he even attend to some coaching school? Or he retired and just decided to coach, like Maradona?
It was meant to fail.

Pep, Mou, SAF and so on would fail under Zamps, sadly. But not sure how much coaching he actually did, probably not a lot and he didn't seem good at it.

pulga

Banned
Won us the super cup, assisted goals and performed better than Messi the rest of the time.

That's how we do it. Ronaldinho 2.0 is here.

Jk1PuNQ.jpg

And not even kidding, if Messi wasn't having this random bad finishing all of a sudden Neymar would have about 4 assists more. Messi is probably missing on purpose the jealous cunt.

Watch this plug.

Messi ruined the goal of the season.

isco-372301.jpg

That's cute.

Have to admit, that was a really nice play though!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ashley Young: Of every player to attempt 10+ crosses in the PL this season, Ashley Young has the worst cross accuracy (4.5%)

pulga

Banned
Oh my god fry you knob gobbler what have you done to yourself AGAIN

This is even worse than schweini

Someone take away his gaf login

faridmon

The new Album from Cut Copy is called Free your Mind and its announced for a 4th of November release here in UK.

HELLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAH

GorillaJu

This is not even close to Schweini levels. Usernames that are just another person's name are total balls. At least he's using his own name to a degree, now.

Wilbur

Banned
Pep, Mou, SAF and so on would fail under Zamps, sadly. But not sure how much coaching he actually did, probably not a lot and he didn't seem good at it.

The amount of money Zamparini must have spent on sacking managers must be exorbitant.

Ashley Young: Of every player to attempt 10+ crosses in the PL this season, Ashley Young has the worst cross accuracy (4.5%)

Yurt please. We'll give you Nani if you take him as well.

This is not even close to Schweini levels. Usernames that are just another person's name are total balls. At least he's using his own name to a degree, now.

why didnt you put a space in your name :(

WJD

But the better team did in fact lose that night. Man Utd was playing really good and if we didn't have Lopez they would have likely beaten us or at least taken the game to ET, with ten men. It may sound cringe-worthy but he really said nothing wrong, Untied played better than us.

Fuck that still hurts :(

GorillaJu

The amount of money Zamparini must have spent on sacking managers must be exorbitant.

Yurt please. We'll give you Nani if you take him as well.

why didnt you put a space in your name :(

I don't know, I don't like spaces in usernames for some reason. Maybe it's just because I've been using the Internet for 20-ish years and my mind is still in the dark ages, but I've always thought usernames shouldn't contain spaces. I also never put spaces in file names when I save something. Just seems wrong, somehow.

Jack cw

If Klopp develops his idea to the end like you say, he'll never leave BVB lol

Klopp's basic idea of football has been there since his first days at Mainz, inspired by Wolfgang Frank. Although Mainz obviously didn't have the players to win anything with that style. Klopp however slighty tweaks his idea of football, depending on what players there are. See Kagawa/Götze/Mkhitaryan for example. And the day he ends the tweaks and "developed his idea to an end" is the day he'll be old and suck.

I'm not talking about perfection... Right now he is stuck against teams that only defend. Last year was pretty much the first year where his idea worked against most opponents because of the quick counters. He will need some time to finally take a big club.
Dortmund is so unlikable

James Bond and Robin Hood no me gusta.

Wilbur

Banned
Dortmund is so unlikable

Pot pls

What did he say?

Also Lol

"I think a lot of people thought Manchester United [winning the title] last season, that it was probably the form of the other teams that was poor,"

"I think it's important that I took the punches, I've taken the punches and I'm happy to do that. Not for a minute did I think this Manchester United job was going to be an easy job. There will be days like we had on Sunday and there might be more of them because we are in a period where there will be transition, there's a new manager for the players and, in turn, there will be new players.

"I don't think it's actually the squad, I think we've got numbers. I think maybe we've got work to do to bring in players not for the squad but to go right into the team. It's not necessarily the squad players we needed, we needed one or two who might have gone in [to the team]. That will happen. But going back to that transfer window, we always said it was going to be a tough one and it was going to take a little bit more time.

"It does mean I may have to take a few more blows, definitely. Maybe even more than that. Maybe all season I have to take a few blows but I knew this was going to be the case because I was taking over from a great manager and it was always going to take time for me to get my own ways and change things round a little bit."

so in other words the squad he constantly said he was happy with if we didnt sign anyone because they won the league last year now probably isn't good enough and won the league because of a lack of quality elsewhere, and that we should expect more shitty days like that again

Thanks david.

GorillaJu

I know he's a detestable cunt now, but Suarez's story on how he got to where he is, is pretty incredible. It always amazes me when someone comes through improbable circumstances and makes it to the top of the world. There's always some moment where an arbitrary decision was made - Suarez could have just been cast off as another rebellious kid in Uruguay, but the youth coach gave him one last chance, and now he's Uruguay's all time top goal scorer. And the whole reason he came to Europe in the first place, to follow his girlfriend that he met at 15, is also legit.

He'll probably be a good person when he stops playing football :lol

faridmon

so in other words the squad he constantly said he was happy with if we didnt sign anyone because they won the league last year now probably isn't good enough and won the league because of a lack of quality elsewhere, and that we should expect more shitty days like that again

Thanks david.

Ahh, reminds me when he said that Everton never deserve to be in the top 6 since we don't have the quality to make it so. He also said that we can't win any cups because our mentality is not strong enough. He also said that our youth set up is not proper enough to rely on them to produce good in the future generation. He also said that Everton are not attractive club for good players to be bought and said that the Likes of Aston Villa and Fulham are bigger clubs than Everton.

All during his reign and all of it is bullshit.

Never change David and good riddence.

GorillaJu

God dammit I saw "Danish" and I thought he meant danish as in pastry, and I missed some inside joke about Wooden.

I think I need to pack it up early tonight.

Top Bottom