• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

omgkitty

It is what happens when a manager fails to strengthen his team. Why we loaned out Miguel I do not know. This could have been his year to start stepping up.

I agree that we need to strengthen the CB position with a young one for the future being ideal, but Miguel was a bit shit to be honest. He'll be 21 very soon too, so I can't even hide by the age excuse.

I love how neither of you realize that his name is Miquel and not Miguel.

Manager

e5YuU.gif

Fellaini also cup tied.

I'm not talking about perfection... Right now he is stuck against teams that only defend. Last year was pretty much the first year where his idea worked against most opponents because of the quick counters. He will need some time to finally take a big club.

6 played, 5 won, 1 draw. Except Frankfurt to some extent, all teams that tried their best (HSV lol) to defend for the whole match.

u wot m8

Manager

Guess I was wrong, at least I guess Arseblog was wrong because he said it wasn't showing on television, though he is in Ireland.

There was tons of issues with yesterday's broadcasts though, Al-Jazeera had promised to show some Capital One matches and suddenly said "No show!" 5 minutes before kick-off.

Meier

Saw this comment on the DM about Yaya.. hilarious. Someone is a Ray Hudson fan I think: "His class is there for all to see and it flows like a waterfall.."

Meier

It is good to see Juve is continuing to go in the right direction. Hopefully they will continue to grow there commercial revenue streams. A few more successful seasons should see a nice bidding war between Nike and addidas, who are rumoured to be bidding when it is up. Will surely just be a matter of time before the naming rights are sold to the stadium. they definetly need to raise more revenue, because the wage bill will continue to shoot up over the next few years.

Edit: oh and Gattuso just got sacked, never saw that coming.

Something about this doesn't seem right. They're saying Juve's revenues climbed to €70m and €65m of that were from the UCL? There's clearly some faulty reporting. That would suggest match day revenue, domestic tv rights and sponsorship revenue made up €5m. There's no way the revenue is that low or that the operating budget is either. Player salaries must be at an absolute bare minimum €80-100m by themselves, let alone every other expense associated with running a club.

Very clever. Surprised that's legal.

Park and Bendtner to score a hat-trick each, causing the world to implode on itself.

Is Zelahem injured? That's one kid I'd like to see progress to the first team. What about Bellerin too?

Something about this doesn't seem right. They're saying Juve's revenues climbed to €70m and €65m of that were from the UCL? There's clearly some faulty reporting. That would suggest match day revenue, domestic tv rights and sponsorship revenue made up €5m. There's no way the revenue is that low or that the operating budget is either. Player salaries must be at an absolute bare minimum €80-100m by themselves, let alone every other expense associated with running a club.

Yeah, I thought that was strange. I took that to mean that revenue increased by 70million which clearly makes more sense. 65million by being back in the CL and 5million through different means.

velociraptor

Straight out of the training ground.

Salvadora

Park and Bendtner to score a hat-trick each, causing the world to implode on itself.

Is Zelahem injured? That's one kid I'd like to see progress to the first team. What about Bellerin too?
Bellerin is in the squad to face WBA, iirc Zelalem is out for around 6 weeks.

I'm really nervous about tonight. Wenger should have brought more first teamers in case the worst happens.

Meier

Not even saying this as a Chelsea fan, but that sounds like utter nonsense.

Like I said yesterday or the day before, it's probably just bullshit due to the clear disdain on both sides. I'm sure Mou was disappointed, but apparently the journalist who wrote this has talked shit about him for years and years. It seems a little coincidental it would be him to write something that was meant to shame him.

Yeah, I thought that was strange. I took that to mean that revenue increased by 70million which clearly makes more sense. 65million by being back in the CL and 5million through different means.

Yeah, that's probably what they were intending to communicate. Some shoddy writing either way.

Bellerin is in the squad to face WBA, iirc Zelalem is out for around 6 weeks.

I'm really nervous about tonight. Wenger should have brought more first teamers in case the worst happens.
Ah ok thanks.

would you mind pming the stream website to me? The one you sent to omgkitty.

thanks

Meier

Oops i see you quick edit lol

Yeah, I'm guessing they must have made like €30-40m at least last year so even if they were just talking about the gains, it would have made more sense to point out the increase in revenue specific to the UCL as well rather than the overall revenue from it. I felt like the context was lost so far away from the previous post so I just removed it. :p

Watching the goal highlights from yesterday -- Navas and Negredo have such a bromance. I think he (Navas) must weigh like 100 pounds. He just jumps around like a puppy and Negredo holds him up like a baby. He had his arm under his butt during one of the Man U celebrations.. reminded me of a dad holding his kid. :lol

Clegg

I wish they'd announce teams earlier than an hour before kick off.

Then we'd have longer to complain about Young starting.

Manager

Watching the goal highlights from yesterday -- Navas and Negredo have such a bromance. I think he (Navas) must weigh like 100 pounds. He just jumps around like a puppy and Negredo holds him up like a baby. He had his arm under his butt during one of the Man U celebrations.. reminded me of a dad holding his kid. :lol

Like papa Zlatan in Barca:

iYU9NVClH3quw.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think we made close to 300M in revenues. We'll make even more after we open Juve City (lol?), sign the new Nike/Adidas deal and name our stadium after something.

Zabojnik

The champions intro in Naples during Napoli - B. Dortmund:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY5iQ6uDWTU

Dat San Paolo. It deserves the same treatment our Delle Alpi (now Juventus Stadium) received. Tear it down, get rid of the fucking athletic track, build a proper football stadium. Doesn't have to bo 80k, 50-60k would be perfect for Napoli. Italia di merda.

We picked Ciro and then Delneri over Conte.

And even after appointing Conte he wasn't even our first choice was he?

Hopefully Andrea Agnelli learned his lesson.

I heard his song on iTunes radio, didn't care much for it.

It's time for Zabo Theatre.

\m/

Linius

These two banners in the OP keep cracking me up. Especially since they are two different photos. Who's this LFC player who loves to lean on things? :p

Manager

Some of the stuff in City was completely ridiculous though. He'd just make some tackle and get a yellow card INSTANTLY, while Rooney or Parker can make 5 of those. He'd never just get a freekick against him, whatever he did he got a yellow. He had a streak of like 5 straight yellows that were just complete bs.

Just did this one real quick.. that knowing look.

iibZdsHHXyO1t.gif

It was funny to see Navas and Kolarov always being the first ones to congratulate the goal scorer for every goal.

I think we made close to 300M in revenues. We'll make even more after we open Juve City (lol?), sign the new Nike/Adidas deal and name our stadium after something.

I just hope it is not gonna be Fiat Stadium. Need to get some arab money into the stadium. Get Jeep off as well, need to get maximum market value.

Zabojnik

Some of the stuff in City was completely ridiculous though. He'd just make some tackle and get a yellow card INSTANTLY, while Rooney or Parker can make 5 of those. He'd never just get a freekick against him, whatever he did he got a yellow. He had a streak of like 5 straight yellows that were just complete bs.

I believe you, but he only has himself to blame. Once refs get to know you ... Dude needs to hire Bonucci's mental coach or something. Defenders keep provoking him with the same slimy fouls from behind and he keeps falling for it every single time.

Into

New rules at Juve

Subbed Juventus players have been told they must take a seat on the bench once they are replaced during games – or face a month on the sidelines.

Boss Antonio Conte has introduced the new guidelines after Andrea Pirlo took to the tunnel following the introduction of Claudio Marchisio in the 66th minute of the win against Verona.

Unlike most mangers today, BBC, Big Boss Conte, shows he has the massive iron balls made of steel that most managers in the game lack today. If Balo was in Juve, Conte would have eaten him alive

Manager

I believe you, but he only has himself to blame. Once refs get to know you ... Dude needs to hire Bonucci's mental coach or something. Defenders keep provoking him with the same slimy fouls from behind and he keeps falling for it every single time.

It must be pretty hard to keep calm and get into a positive mood when all referees now have a certain view of him and will punish him for everything. Italian refs surely remember his previous behaviour from when he was at Inter too.

New rules at Juve

Unlike most mangers today, BBC, Big Boss Conte, shows he has the massive iron balls made of steel that most managers in the game lack today. If Balo was in Juve, Conte would have eaten him alive

Just read that, seems like he got himself out of a corner by saying Pirlo never broke any rules, because this was not in place before.

justjohn

New rules at Juve

You can't treat modern players like that these days. Its not about having balls as everyone can storm into a club and act billy big bollocks. You're dealing with multimillionaires and you need a bit more tact as if they refuse to perform you're out of a job.
Ask dicanio how acting the hard man got him at Sunderland.

Meier

City TV did a little special look into Fernandinho's house and life. It's about 15 mins but I highly recommend it. My boss is out of town this week so I'm able to slack a bit (fortunately) so I watched it. I'm amazed at how well he has learned English in such a short period of time.. wow.

Part 1: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2013/September/Fernandinho-part-1
Part 2: No Direct link, but you can watch it immediately after the first video finishes

Bonus crappy gif I made from his little 3 year old son, Davi. Future star!

ibfyKaXCLPggfL.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can't treat modern players like that these days. Its not about having balls as everyone can storm into a club and act billy big bollocks. You're dealing with multimillionaires and you need a bit more tact as if they refuse to perform you're out of a job.
Ask dicanio how acting the hard man got him at Sunderland.

Conte banished Quag for acting like a cunt even though he was our best striker in Europe.

And we kinda *needed* him against Shakhtar. -_-

Elchele

I'm convinced that injury is one of the MAIN reasons Bayern ended up winning the CL. Robben was merely a sub back when Kroos was around.

You're welcome Bayern.

tumblr_mtnctgO7Wg1rc5jmso10_250.jpg

Badstuber injury also worked in our favor, he sucks. And Gomez injured in pre-season gave Mandzukic the chance he needed to make himself the starting striker.

Every injury, just made the starting XI much better and more logical.

That's why Thiago injury is good. Martínez injury is not :-(

Top Bottom