• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

It must be pretty hard to keep calm and get into a positive mood when all referees now have a certain view of him and will punish him for everything. Italian refs surely remember his previous behaviour from when he was at Inter too.

This is one of the reasons why I love Tevez. He just takes it, gets the foul, gets up, doesn't say a word. Thank you, City-bros. <3

Wilbur

Banned
You can't treat modern players like that these days. Its not about having balls as everyone can storm into a club and act billy big bollocks. You're dealing with multimillionaires and you need a bit more tact as if they refuse to perform you're out of a job.
Ask dicanio how acting the hard man got him at Sunderland.

Seems foolish to compare the two situations. Conte is a proven winner who will have Pirlo's respect after two title winning years, and the rule is in place to advocate solidarity between team mates.

PDC has done very little in his managerial career, doesn't have a core squad who trust each other yet, and introduced rules that made far less sense.

Clegg

This is one of the reasons why I love Tevez. He just takes it, gets the foul, gets up, doesn't say a word. Thank you, City-bros. <3

Tevez was never really a trouble maker on the pitch. He's a thorough professional mostly.

His off field antics are the problem.

Salvadora

I get what justjohn means, but at the same time a lot of footballers are just big babies.

Like when you have professional athletes going out on the lash close to games, you don't have a choice.

d0079387-8e3b-4133-b844-32de432b870b.png

Sorry I don't speak Spanish

You can't treat modern players like that these days. Its not about having balls as everyone can storm into a club and act billy big bollocks. You're dealing with multimillionaires and you need a bit more tact as if they refuse to perform you're out of a job.

Conte can get away with anything. He was a club legend who had the support of the higher ups and had unprecedented success his first year. Juventus have also been careful in the type of player they select. All hard working proper players who are dedicated and a bit old school. it is kinda why Tevez worries me becaue of his previous strike. I gess that was a gamble they are willing to take.

Yurt said:
Why can't we name it after Gaetano Scirea? :(

I would love that, but I just do not see it. If they did that then it would be impossible to ever change the name and get extra revenue in the future. fan backlash would be unbelievable.

K1LLER7

City TV did a little special look into Fernandinho's house and life. It's about 15 mins but I highly recommend it. My boss is out of town this week so I'm able to slack a bit (fortunately) so I watched it. I'm amazed at how well he has learned English in such a short period of time.. wow.

Part 1: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2013/September/Fernandinho-part-1
Part 2: No Direct link, but you can watch it immediately after the first video finishes

Bonus crappy gif I made from his little 3 year old son, Davi. Future star!

ibfyKaXCLPggfL.gif
Kids better than Ashley Young.

Elchele

The fuck? I don't even...

He does. He can't compete with Boateng or Dante.

And he would look horrible playing under Pep new defensive tactics, just look at DvB. Heynckes system made slower CBs look good, it was a great system, but Badstuber is nothing more than a Bundesliga-level CB. He only plays for his national team because he's a Bayern player.

Boateng is the real deal. Easily one of the best 5 CB in the world atm.

Zabojnik

He has a tendency to not give a shit about other stuff too though... How is his Italian lessons going?

Let's just say that Llorente's italian is much better. :) Well, as long as he continues to give it all on the pitch ... I don't really care what he says or does. The players love him, Conte adores him. Hopefully it'll last.

"If the day came that the manager of Manchester United was controlled by the players - if the players decided how the training should be, what days they should have off, what the discipline should be, and what the tactics should be - then Manchester United would not be the Manchester United we know. I wasn't going to allow anyone to be stronger than I was. Your personality has to be bigger than theirs. There are occasions when you have to ask yourself whether certain players are affecting the dressing room atmosphere, the performance of the team, and your control of the players and staff. If they are, you have to cut the cord. There is absolutely no other way. It doesn't matter if the person is the best player in the world. Some English clubs have changed managers so many times that it creates power for the players in the dressing room. That is very dangerous. If the coach has no control, he will not last."

ibgIJmYHFEOqFb.gif

it9NM2WRLZJzc.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Rami never playing for Valencia again appaz, was naughty in a French interview

Arsenal/Barca/Inter/Milan/Napoli/Monaco should be on dat ting come January, good defender available for cheap

Meier

Rami never playing for Valencia again appaz, was naughty in a French interview

Arsenal/Barca/Inter/Milan/Napoli/Monaco should be on dat ting come January, good defender available for cheap

City were linked with him all summer so I was pretty surprised we didn't ever make a move for him. I think with the Demichelis signing, we won't attempt to go for him in January unless we can sell Lescott to someone who needs a CB then rather than in 6 months.

Manager

City were linked with him all summer so I was pretty surprised we didn't ever make a move for him. I think with the Demichelis signing, we won't attempt to go for him in January unless we can sell Lescott to someone who needs a CB then rather than in 6 months.

Think City might go for Rekik/Demichelis/Kompany/Nastasic, with Richards available, when Lescott leaves.

Yet another catenaccio team awaits us tonight, sigh. Chievo pls. Play football.

OMG YESSSSSSSSS

I just got access to BT sport in Korea so now can watch their coverage of serie A. HD streams of the game and I can watch Juve tonight and the derby at the weekend. With the other games being nice roma/milan/inter games.
Wednesday September 25: Chievo v Juventus &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 2

Thursday September 26: Inter Milan v Fiorentina &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 2

Saturday September 28: AC Milan v Sampdoria &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 1

Sunday September 29: Torino v Juventus &#8211; 11.30am, BT Sport 2

Sunday September 29: AS Roma v Bologna &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 2

Monday September 30: Fiorentina v Parma &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 2

Saturday October 5: Inter Milan v AS Roma &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 1

Sunday October 6: Parma v Sassuolo - 11.30am, ESPN

Sunday October 6: Napoli v Livorno - 2pm, ESPN

Sunday October 6: Juventus v AC Milan &#8211; 7:45pm, BT Sport 1

As a Juve/Parma man i can enjoy Juve three times and parma twice without having to fluff about searching for streams. Thank you BT,

Zabojnik

You may not rate Wenger as highly as some of us do, but you're a good man, Shanks D Zoro. A good man indeed.

Btw, what's up with Al Jizzira Sports streaming? Is it blocked for good now? I'm pretty sure Yurt snitched on us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You may not rate Wenger as highly as some of us do, but you're a good man, Shanks D Zoro. A good man indeed.

Btw, what's up with Al Jizzira Sports streaming? Is it blocked for good now? I'm pretty sure Yurt snitched on us.

Wooden and OddMorsel found a way around the block!

Zabojnik

I hope the Nainggolan to Juve in January rumors turn out to be true. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to our midfield. He may be a bit of a twat, but after joining a big team and with some of dat Conte magic ... Mmmm.

Chievo playing with 5-3-2, lol. Fuck this shit.

Top Bottom