• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

subtles

Are you making a joke or being serious about him fitting in?
Why do you have to see everything in a negative light? :)

There are many factors that constituent a players rapport with his new club. It can be something trivial like how they look in the club's colors.

I simply made an observation as Ozil to Arsenal still feels surreal.

bud

iMXIHQOV7YKCj.gif

ibkuzHDX8buy6B.gif

iJgtlOalj6qvS.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIGC President Abete "I'm a Juventus fan, it isn't a mystery, I even gave a big hint during the opening of the Juventus Stadium."

"I maybe wrongly accused of playing a bad role, but there certainly isn't a lack of passion for the Bianconeri."

Shut-up.gif

Thought as much. What's with Lamela?

Returned from international duty today. He came off the bench in his first game, but he was the only one of the last three signings registered in time to play it.

If I'm making an educated guess who starts against Norwich, I'd say Townsend and Chadli because as far as I know Lennon is injured, and I don't think he'll start Lamela or Eriksen.

L1NETT

Found this gif lying around in a folder it shouldn't have been. Little gem, complete forgot he did it. If it had been anyone other than Cuntcross, probably would have been brought up a whole lot more.

Wilbur

Banned
Only time I ever post on Gaming side is Pokemon because its simple enough to get involved. At the moment pre-release no one is talking about the competitive side of it or graphics and shit, it's just new mechanics and Pokemon designs.

Got the GTA thread open but I'll probably close it when it's actually out and people talk about framerates and stuff

omgkitty

I love how all the football players make shit pots of money, and they all buy fucking Beats headphones. Those headphones are such shit.

Returned from international duty today. He came off the bench in his first game, but he was the only one of the last three signings registered in time to play it.

If I'm making an educated guess who starts against Norwich, I'd say Townsend and Chadli because as far as I know Lennon is injured, and I don't think he'll start Lamela or Eriksen.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Wat?
PES does this 100% right. The player has to recieve the ball, then get the ball under control to continue processing. Its absolutely realistic and some people might call this misleadingly "input lag" but thats how real physics and the sport works. The arcady tiki taka laser pases in FIFA are just ridiculous.

Nonsense, that's how real football works too, you're not always in control and are dependent on the context. The only instance where you can argue that you're not in control in PES 2014 is jostling, and that's bullshit too because while jostling you have control, you use the right stick to push the other player.
I guess you could argue that sometimes you press the shooting button and the player has to actually have his feet connected to the ball in order to shoot, but that's hot it works in real life. The ball doesn't magically glue to your feet even if you're sprinting just because you decided to shoot.

Wanna shoot? Create space and wait for the ball to be in a close enough range to connect.

I know how to play the game, don't worry. I am not playing it like FIFA 13.

My problems with the demo were:

why is it when you play a through ball the player is running into a fixed direction? Is there anyway to control him?

The jostling kinda sucks since it feels like he gets into that scenario and both players are running into a straight line, I'll try using the right stick and see what happens.

The change of direction in some players takes a ridiculously long time, maybe that's how they mean it but I'm pretty sure humans are a little quicker at changed directions let alone atheletes.

What is wrong with the keepers? What happened? Why do they push the ball to the net sometimes or sit on the floor and wave their arms when RVP shoots from well outside the box?

With that said, I may get PES this year since this is the only time I may buy two football games and I don't know about buying FIFA twice.

faridmon

I love how all the football players make shit pots of money, and they all buy fucking Beats headphones. Those headphones are such shit.

You think people care about quality. All they care about is social image and having those headphones are considered hip.

Whats worrying is that Footballer earn so much money, yet can't buy decent clothing. I saw Ashley Young when he used to play for Aston Villa buying a FIFA game at Gamestation in Bullring, Birmingham and he was dressed like a tramp.

sohois

I know how to play the game, don't worry. I am not playing it like FIFA 13.

My problems with the demo were:

why is it when you play a through ball the player is running into a fixed direction? Is there anyway to control him?

The jostling kinda sucks since it feels like he gets into that scenario and both players are running into a straight line, I'll try using the right stick and see what happens.

The change of direction in some players takes a ridiculously long time, maybe that's how they mean it but I'm pretty sure humans are a little quicker at changed directions let alone atheletes.

What is wrong with the keepers? What happened? Why do they push the ball to the net sometimes or sit on the floor and wave their arms when RVP shoots from well outside the box?

With that said, I may get PES this year since this is the only time I may buy two football games and I don't know about buying FIFA twice.

Use Super Cancel (R2 + L2 iirc) to take control during a through ball

Only time I ever post on Gaming side is Pokemon because its simple enough to get involved. At the moment pre-release no one is talking about the competitive side of it or graphics and shit, it's just new mechanics and Pokemon designs.

Got the GTA thread open but I'll probably close it when it's actually out and people talk about framerates and stuff

Framerate is not just "graphics and shit". It has a real impact on the gameplay. I understand if you don't care much about the graphics though, but man framerate drops sucks.

Oh no I understand, I just find it incredibly dry to read haha

Amazon listed GTAV for PS4. Nvidia said it was coming for PC. R* are just trying to make sure we double dip at this point and it's working, especially when people start getting frustrated by the frame rate, fuckers

Top Bottom