• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

omgkitty

"We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten."

claude-makelele-o.gif

Did he really say that? Makelele was so good, he had a position named after him.

Pogba, Draxler, Coutinho, Varane, and Zaha have been nominated for the Golden Boy Award.

WHERE YOU AT VERRATTI

ibbFisM9diPT8X.gif

we protect our own innit

Pogba: Excelling in Serie A
Draxler: One of the best players in the Bundesliga
Coutinho: Excelling in the PL
Varane: Best defender for Real Madrid, excelling in La Liga
Zaha: Good Championship player

Hmm

Jack cw

"We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten."
Good god that man is just crazy. Claude was an incredible midfielder. But its no surprise that he dumped nearly 1 billion $ without winning anything. Makes sense.

Splatt

claude-makelele-o.gif

On 5 November 2006, in a league encounter with Tottenham Hotspur, Makélélé scored his second goal for the club, a difficult curling volley from the edge of the 18-yard box which sped past Paul Robinson into the left-hand side of the goal to cue a bench-clearing celebration.[11] Although Tottenham sprang a comeback to beat Chelsea 2–1, this goal got him the best shot to goals percentage that year with one shot and one goal – 100%.

lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba: Excelling in Serie A
Draxler: One of the best players in the Bundesliga
Coutinho: Excelling in the PL
Varane: Best defender for Real Madrid, excelling in La Liga
Zaha: Good Championship player

Hmm

True.

I'd give it to Pogba though. Won a league title and a place in his country's XI.

M for Manchester?

or Moyes?

Zabojnik

I have no idea what any of this means.

Is it just a new complex around your stadium, or a new stadium too?

We just build a new stadium, ffs. :p It's a new complex around the stadium. New HQ, training grounds, Juve Channel & media offices, fitness & spa, restaurants, cinema, park, residential zone, what have you. Vinovo, our current training grounds, will be used by our youth selections.

I'm buying an apartment and moving there as soon as it's ready.

I wish. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Hate when I do a shit and it's so powerful the water goes flying right up your asshole when it plops

Feels like Poseidon is molesting me

It's so cold

cremino

Man Perez is such a joke. That arrogance and autocracy is just disgusting. Its no shame to show some greatness and admit that he made a mistake and needed the money. But that is the problem with Madrid in general: the lack of self awareness.

Yeah, reminds me of Rummenigge's reaction when Vidal chose Juve instead of Bayern

Kinan

He's only been there in the Ukraine for 3 years. I know most places require at least 5.. some need even longer. I guess he could play for the Ukraine during the next Euros perhaps?

Oh, wait, thats FIFA rule. lololol, then its true, poor Taison. :)

Jack cw

Yeah, reminds me of Rummenigge's reaction when Vidal chose Juve instead of Bayern

Oh c'mon, what a shitty comparison... Vidal telling Heynckes he wants to join Bayern and makes a deal with Juve afterwards wasnt such a class move by him. This is something entirely different with Özil. Perez history of failure and disrespect is beyond funny. But try harder.

Zabojnik

Oh c'mon, what a shitty comparison... Vidal telling Heynckes he wants to join Bayern and makes a deal with Juve afterwards wasnt such a class move by him. This is something entirely different with Özil. Perez history of failure and disrespect is beyond funny. But try harder.

Reminds =/= compares

cremino

I find it funny that Bayern, Barca and Real pretend to be classy clubs when everybody thinks they are arrogant

We just build a new stadium, ffs. :p It's a new complex around the stadium. New HQ, training grounds, Juve Channel & media offices, fitness & spa, restaurants, cinema, park, residential zone, what have you. Vinovo, our current training grounds, will be used by our youth selections.

I'm buying an apartment and moving there as soon as it's ready.

I wish. :(

Ahhh ok :p see I don't keep up to date with these minor leagues when there's lower league scottish action to watch instead

Jack cw

I find it funny that Bayern, Barca and Real pretend to be classy clubs when everybody thinks they are arrogant

Its something different when a president of a club is ungrateful for decades especially with great players. Perez would never admit that he made a mistake he just bashes his old toy and praises the new and shiny one. This vanity and the fans unreal expectations of la decima led to this downward spiral in throwing out money and winning nothing.

Bayern isnt free of mistakes either, but its nowhere that bad or detached like with Perez.

Top Bottom