• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

You guys think this is going to turn into another Gibson situation? What has Youngy done?

iW6CDQJKSDZFx.gif

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Rangers' Ian Black receives only a three match ban for betting against his own team on at least three occasions, effectively match fixing. lol Scottish FA lol

Meier

Rangers' Ian Black receives only a three match ban for betting against his own team on at least three occasions, effectively match fixing. lol Scottish FA lol

3 GAMES? Pete Rose was banned for life in the MLB for betting on baseball despite being one of the best players of all time. :lol I know he has never admitted to betting on his own team, but I can't recall if they ever came up with evidence to prove he had or not.

Simon Mignolet says he prefers to be called `Simon` rather than `Semen`.

I can see why that would be preferable.

Bro its 10. Nah honestly I have no idea why 7 are suspended, must just be some bullshit rule somewhere. I'd heard he was injured/suspended when he bet against us, but its still such a scummy thing to do.

3 GAMES? Pete Rose was banned for life in the MLB for betting on baseball despite being one of the best players of all time. :lol I know he has never admitted to betting on his own team, but I can't recall if they ever came up with evidence to prove he had or not.

Someone here was banned for half a year for betting on his own team as winners... That Ian Black punishment does seem weirdly soft.

cremino

Its something different when a president of a club is ungrateful for decades especially with great players. Perez would never admit that he made a mistake he just bashes his old toy and praises the new and shiny one. This vanity and the fans unreal expectations of la decima led to this downward spiral in throwing out money and winning nothing.

Bayern isnt free of mistakes either, but its nowhere that bad or detached like with Perez.

I agree then.... I'm surprised that Real Madrid shareholders (Real Madrid is owned by its supporters) still elect Perez as president instead of someone who knows more about football

omgkitty

I love all the people freaking out about GTA V spoilers. "OMG YOU CAN FLY HELICOPTERS???? FUCK YOU GUYS THE WHOLE GAME IS RUINED NOW!!!!"

Meier

Someone here was banned for half a year for betting on his own team as winners... That Ian Black punishment does seem weirdly soft.

Yeah, that seems crazy. 3 games, 10 games, whatever it is, that's nothing. As it turns out, Pete did admit to betting on the Reds but he only bet on them to win apparently.

In his autobiography My Prison Without Bars, published by Rodale Press on January 8, 2004, Rose finally admitted publicly to betting on baseball games and other sports while playing for and managing the Reds. He also admitted to betting on Reds games, but said that he never bet against the Reds. He repeated his admissions in an interview on the ABC news program Primetime Thursday. He also said in the book that he hoped his admissions would help end his ban from baseball so that he could reapply for reinstatement.

In March 2007 during an interview on The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio, Rose said, "I bet on my team every night. I didn't bet on my team four nights a week. I bet on my team to win every night because I loved my team, I believed in my team," he said. "I did everything in my power every night to win that game."[34]

He had been banned for life for 13 years at that point though.

Meier

Arsenal is called North London FC and Spurs are North East London FC.

Man, that's terrible. How many leagues do they not have the licenses to? And I saw Cech.. do they have player licenses but not teams? What are the Manchester clubs called? I don't think I could play a game like that but I'm sure if I was a fan of the series I could probably get over it.

Meier

Manchester United are licensed and Man City are Man Blue. The players are all licensed too.

I posted some faces from the Man City team earlier!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81396585&postcount=1776

Bahahaha, that's too good. I usually try and read the pages I missed while sleeping but I skipped em today so I missed this post. FIFA has some guys as generics too but certainly you'd expect major international stars to be accurately reflected. What a weird game that there are team specific licenses and whatnot.

Honestly if you are a football game fan, you shouldn't really care about the graphics and shit. Its the gameplay that's important. Plus you can always download a OF to get those licenses and kits back.

Honestly if you are a football game fan, you shouldn't really care about the graphics and shit. Its the gameplay that's important. Plus you can always download a OF to get those licenses and kits back.

I'm not going to touch PES until they get all the licensed boots and all the most up to date haircuts for my favourite players. That's why FIFA will always be better to me.

OF's only fixes half the problems, still won't get me my teams online.

The real problem is still the lack of clubs seasons, which is really the only thing I really enjoy in football games, well Fifa and Pes kind of football games, FM is awesome. :p

OF's only fixes half the problems, still won't get me my teams online.

The real problem is still the lack of clubs seasons, which is really the only thing I really enjoy in football games, well Fifa and Pes kind of football games, FM is awesome. :p
but the OF does play online too :p

also yeah FM is the best football game

Top Bottom