• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

The greatest thing ever, courtesy of Undrea Purlu:

iVViKZca6yWwp.jpg

Updated FIFA rankings (via the USMNT thread):

QLX0MkE.png

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1687735/kenny-powers-american-o.gif[IMG]
[img]http://i.minus.com/iQW9BhT8mF75A.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Looooooooooooooooooooooooool

Argentina above us. Why.

Also, no wonder Germany is ahead, we haven't played any semifinal this year.

Hindle

Banned
Ive never met him, but A friend of mine got a job working for Ramirez in London.

He basically walked his dog and was paid £100 an hour for doing so.

but the OF does play online too :p

also yeah FM is the best football game

I meant as with more football teams, all those they are too cheap to license which you can't play online. Or just the countless transfers that konami are always 100 years about updating, fuck that used to piss me off.

But meh, as I said, clubs season mode or no buy from me, that's what they need and I would consider it even without licenses. Haven't tried the latest PES demo because PSN is shit and Konami are bunch of cunts refusing to release PC demo, but Fifa has also had better gameplay for me the last many years, really ever since this gen started, so meh, only thing I really like about PES is the much quicker menus.

Richard Martin ‏@rich9908
1/2 This is quite interesting, from Liverpool's Suso, on-loan at Almeria: "At Liverpool there was a lot more distance between every player."

Richard Martin ‏@rich9908 2m
2/2: "Here there is a much better mood among the squad and much more camaraderie."

1/2 This is quite interesting, from Liverpool's Suso, on-loan at Almeria: "At Liverpool there was a lot more distance between every player."

2/2: "Here there is a much better mood among the squad and much more camaraderie."

To be expected tbh

I imagine most of Almeria's players are also Spanish, so it stands to reason that they'd be closer to eachother than a big squad made up of about 14 different nationalities :p

edit: Yep,only 5 nationalites at Almeria, only one lone nationality

subtles

The same account mentioned Ozil shirts outselling Bale ones 5:1!

Let the games begin.

Meier

The same account mentioned Ozil shirts outselling Bale ones 5:1!

Arsenal fans were probably DESPERATE to get a big name on their shirt. Madrid fans probably already have bought one this season with Isco, Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, etc. prior to Bale's arrival.

City still haven't unveiled the third kit officially yet. only a few days before they wear it..

subtles

Eusébio on Ronaldo overtaking his international goal record—"This is an error. I scored 41 in 60 games. Now it's easy. It's sad. I feel sad"

Eusébio—"Don't sadden me by comparing Ronaldo's Portugal goal tally to mine. It is easier now; I never played Liechtenstein or Azerbaijan"

Went to my first MLS game last night. Toronto v Chicago Fire.

It was like watching a bunch of kids playing. I swear some of the guys i play with on a friday are on par if not better than a lot of those players.

Stadium and facilities were not bad, but theres was only a tiny pocket of fans singing along.

They've got a long way to go to catch up with any of the other big leagues.

Also this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uhwVCOsyKt4#t=66

nobody touched the ball

Eusébio on Ronaldo overtaking his international goal record—"This is an error. I scored 41 in 60 games. Now it's easy. It's sad. I feel sad"

Eusébio—"Don't sadden me by comparing Ronaldo's Portugal goal tally to mine. It is easier now; I never played Liechtenstein or Azerbaijan"

One to add to the Pele and Cruyff pile. At least Maradona is still suitably mental, rather than bitter and senile

subtles

Arsenal fans were probably DESPERATE to get a big name on their shirt. Madrid fans probably already have bought one this season with Isco, Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, etc. prior to Bale's arrival.

City still haven't unveiled the third kit officially yet. only a few days before they wear it..

So he's referring to total shirt sales? I thought he was talking about a rebellion by Madrid fans.

Only got himself to blame.

At least the transfer embargo is over now and we can play all our new players.

Didn't really notice it was 3 games now and 7 suspended ban, how stupid would he have to be to do it again.

I'm not sure if this is the start of a campaign against betting, but you always see people posting their betting slips on twitter. Think it was Kevin Kyle that came out and said that he reckoned there were about 6 gamblers on average per team in Scotland, so its gonna cause a hell of a mess. Chances are they don't bet against their own team though...

I'd rather have Macleod and Law playing in the middle anyway though, or maybe with Peralta there too and Law sitting behind whoever the striker's gonna be.

That is arguably the greatest post in GAF history.

He better not have been banned at the time, that was amazing.

To be expected tbh

I imagine most of Almeria's players are also Spanish, so it stands to reason that they'd be closer to eachother than a big squad made up of about 14 different nationalities :p

edit: Yep,only 5 nationalites at Almeria, only one lone nationality

Yeah that makes sense.

Smaller club as well.

Meier

So he's referring to total shirt sales? I thought he was talking about a rebellion by Madrid fans.
Ahh could be. I didn't see the tweet (just was going off your post) so I dunno the context. If that is the case, the fans should give it up because there's no changing things now.

Who cares about shirt sales numbers and I would kiss that mole Selena got on her right boob until it fell off. Then I would consume it so it would always be a part of me.

rangersmad92

Neo Member
Didn't really notice it was 3 games now and 7 suspended ban, how stupid would he have to be to do it again.

I'm not sure if this is the start of a campaign against betting, but you always see people posting their betting slips on twitter. Think it was Kevin Kyle that came out and said that he reckoned there were about 6 gamblers on average per team in Scotland, so its gonna cause a hell of a mess. Chances are they don't bet against their own team though...

I'd rather have Macleod and Law playing in the middle anyway though, or maybe with Peralta there too and Law sitting behind whoever the striker's gonna be.

Yeah he has got to be the only guy stupid enough to bet on his own team. Of course football players bet but they are probably a bit more subtle about it.

Yeah macleod and law would be my preferred central midfield pairing with 2 off little Daly and Clark up front.

Although he has been playing well this season I still don't rate him at all, good back up to have while we go through the lower leagues though.

Yen

Hasn't it got like 1% on rt or some shit

I just saw 2 guns. Surprisingly good. Was quite charming, well directed. Dumb as fuck though, ridiculously convoluted. Enjoyable two hours
When I saw Elysium, they played 2 Guns and Pain and Gain trailers back-to-back, and the cinema started laughing because everyone thought it was the same movie

Wilbur

Banned
I can't believe all these people trying to buy early copies for 150 dollars and shit hahaha

One guy says 'got a location from Craigslist should I go?'
"Yeah man worst thing that ever happened to me was narcs bum rushing the place and holding a gun to my head. Still here tho, go get that game"

I can't stop laughing

I actually have a ccw permit and probably will go armed. I just hate the idea of potentially getting in a situation where I might have to use it. The fact that it is a public location is somewhat reassuring, but it still feels pretty shady. I would prefer to just take a friend and leave the gun at home. 100 bucks isn't worth potentially getting in a shootout over. I'd just give the money up if he tried to jack me rather than trying something stupid over 100 bucks.

America please I can't breate

I can't believe all these people trying to buy early copies for 150 dollars and shit hahaha

One guy says 'got a location from Craigslist should I go?'
"Yeah man worst thing that ever happened to me was narcs bum rushing the place and holding a gun to my head. Still here tho, go get that game"

I can't stop laughing

I told some guy in there to bring a gun and he agreed and said he actually had a license so it would be alright. Can't wait for the news about a GTA5 shootout.

Meanwhile this GTA4 boost mod looks awesome, if only i could bother re installing.

i_have_problems_by_roderickartist-d6ftq8s.gif

Top Bottom