• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

Italy bros, is it true that Parma has 226 a-squad members? Scandinavian newspapers claim so, and that they have hundreds out on loan. Wtf

Funny you should mention that. Yeah, it's true. They have 109 players (mostly youngsters) on loan all over the globe, 44 in co-ownership with other clubs, while 38 are playing for Parma's "satellite" clubs like ... Nova Gorica, my town's club, lol. Not a day goes by without someone joking about Cassano getting loaned to Nova Gorica and such. :)

EDIT: beaten

faridmon

Fighter's Destiny was fucking awesome. The constant reversals and point-based win system was unique – it's a similar execution to Bushido Blade (focus on timing and single-move KOs) but way, way better.

Btw Bushido Blade is shit for everything but atmosphere and graphics. One of those games people look back on fondly for god knows what reason.
Agreed. And it was quite tactical since you have to decide which finisher to use because of the timer.

Haven't played bushido played though

GorillaJu

Walshy that's a great post, man. There are indeed quite a few knowledgable folks on RAWK, they just get buried a bit when it comes to first team posts. The academy/U21 thread is great.

rvy

Banned
i'm gonna assume rvy is not random, so i'm gonna say Rui Vitor Gama.

Alexander_the_Great.jpg

Interesting, so immigrants used to "portuguese" their names when they were moving in ? Sounds similar to the patronym americanization of the former US inhabitants.

Apparently, yeah. A lot of Portuguese names are variations of foreign names. It's easier than using a foreign name, people wouldn't be able to address you properly 100 and 200 hundred years ago.

Zabojnik

Tickets for our CL matches sold out in 30 mins. Guys at the front of the queue got there at 3am last night and it hasn't stopped raining (lol Celtic / Juve half and half scarf).

COME ON YOU CELTS!!! We'll be rooting for you guys.

Shiiiiiiiet, this reminds me that I have to check about buying Juve tickets for pulga. I'll get right on it, pulgs. <3

Wilbur

Banned
I'll stick with the Moyes boys I think. I'm likely to be one of the more casual players so when I do want to go on chances are there will be others to play with. Not too fussed about playing with strangers, just wanna get into a plane in a populated area and make the game lag so much that Wooden blows himself up

Kenka

Alexander_the_Great.jpg

Apparently, yeah. A lot of Portuguese names are variations of foreign names. It's easier than using a foreign name, people wouldn't be able to address you properly 100 and 200 hundred years ago.
OK ! that would explain some names like Gomes, Vasques or Henriques. I wonder what would be the split between Arabic, Spanish, French, English, etc. Is it heavily in favour of one of those ? Would there be patronymes of surprising origins ? It's an interesting topic.

Walshy

And that's a great post Walshy. There's an interview with Roberto Martinez on the Guardian where he pretty much says the same thing.
Yeah, I read that this morning on my break in work.

I agree with Martinez with the idea that British teams should use B teams isn't the best, mainly as most of the clubs in the Spanish Lower leagues are semi-professional. We have the highest amount of professional football clubs in the world in England. You have to go to the sixth tier of the footballing pyramid in this country to get down to a league where all the clubs are semi-professional.

The idea of feeder teams is a lottery though, but it is still the best option available for clubs. Even for foreign players, we could do what Udinese did to Watford or Granada. However, the Watford loophole has now been patched up by the FA, which means you can only send four players to a team on loan at once.

Walshy that's a great post, man. There are indeed quite a few knowledgable folks on RAWK, they just get buried a bit when it comes to first team posts. The academy/U21 thread is great.
It's my favourite thread on there. I don't really venture much else on the Liverpool forum. Juan Loco (whose post that was) always has great posts in that thread.

The round-table threads are also great.

Zabojnik

Mazzarri postponed today's Inter-Juve presser because he wants to hear what Conte has to say about it first. That's probably not the official excuse, but knowing good old Walter and his spying ways ...

Someone on one of Juve's forums said it best. "Dio li fa' e poi li accopia." (God makes 'em and then he pairs them.) Inter-Mazzarri is indeed an amazing combination.

Need some tech help. My brother's playing Company of Heroes (the first one) and its cut the corners of the screen off even though I've resized the Windows defaults to fit the TV properly. There is no in-game option to resize the screen, so is there any way of playing it properly without playing in windowed view?

@Laboured, both

Need some tech help. My brother's playing Company of Heroes (the first one) and its cut the corners of the screen off even though I've resized the Windows defaults to fit the TV properly. There is no in-game option to resize the screen, so is there any way of playing it properly without playing in windowed view?

@Laboured, both

Damn, I'm on the verge of making a Wooden-esque u-turn.

cremino

Yeah, I read that this morning on my break in work.

I agree with Martinez with the idea that British teams should use B teams isn't the best, mainly as most of the clubs in the Spanish Lower leagues are semi-professional. We have the highest amount of professional football clubs in the world in England. You have to go to the sixth tier of the footballing pyramid in this country to get down to a league where all the clubs are semi-professional.

The idea of feeder teams is a lottery though, but it is still the best option available for clubs. Even for foreign players, we could do what Udinese did to Watford or Granada. However, the Watford loophole has now been patched up by the FA, which means you can only send four players to a team on loan at once.

It's my favourite thread on there. I don't really venture much else on the Liverpool forum. Juan Loco (whose post that was) always has great posts in that thread.

The round-table threads are also great.

As far as I know the only limitation for spanish reserve teams is that they aren't allowed to compete in the same tier as their senior team....Real Madrid Castilla and Barcellona B are In Segunda Division and Real Madrid C in Segunda Division B

sohois

@Laboured, both

on a tv, not a pc monitor? then you might have to fiddle with the tv settings, rather than the pc. its a problem i had when connecting to my tv

on a tv, not a pc monitor? then you might have to fiddle with the tv settings, rather than the pc. its a problem i had when connecting to my tv

Yeah. Its annoying since everything is fine and either autosizes or lets me size it myself,, except for the PS3 Youtube app and Company of Heroes. Will have to dig into my TV setting and poke around.

My shitty boots arrived and the moulds are longer than I expected. Are moulds okay for playing on astroturf, or just 3G?

I won't join the other crew, I am committed to Moyes Boys. It must be the Manchester United DNA, commitment and giving it 100% until it works. Not surprised Sosa went there, even as our leader he can't help it being a Liverpool fan.

I won't join the other crew, I am committed to Moyes Boys. It must be the Manchester United DNA, commitment and giving it 100% until it works. Not surprised Samosa went there, even as our leader he can't help it being a Liverpool fan.

Fucking racist

I betrayed you because I'm commited :p

Might try and learn the way they're set up, build my reputation until I'm in a position to destroy them from within :D

sohois

Yeah. Its annoying since everything is fine and either autosizes or lets me size it myself,, except for the PS3 Youtube app and Company of Heroes. Will have to dig into my TV setting and poke around.

My shitty boots arrived and the moulds are longer than I expected. Are moulds okay for playing on astroturf, or just 3G?
the aspect ratio is probably what you need to change on the tv to fix things

Top Bottom