• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Napoli on Sunday?
3AQmK.gif

Correct :D

Not even sure if they play on Sunday lol

Meier

But he's right, you can't back up your claim that Isco is better with any metrics that compare the positions the play, this includes assist numbers, goals scored, chances created. You can bring up age that Isco is younger, but then you would arguing his potential to be better. He's not yet, he hasn't proved that.

Isco played for Malaga and was passing the ball to Roque Santa Cruz (their top scorer with 13 across all comps.. lol, Isco was 2nd at 12) while Ozil played for Madrid and was passing it to world class players in every direction. You can't really compare their metrics because they're completely imbalanced.

I don't necessarily think Isco is better than Ozil, but he's certainly as good and anyone who has seen him play can attest to that. That is no slight to Ozil either -- Isco is comfortably one of the top few players in the world in his age group. If you had to choose between the two right now in their shoes, it's a no brainer for Madrid. They wanted more Spanish players and they got the best young one for peanuts basically. Already scored 3 goals in 3 for Madrid.. sigh. :(

Isco played for Malaga and was passing the ball to Roque Santa Cruz (their top scorer with 13 across all comps.. lol, Isco was 2nd at 12) while Ozil played for Madrid and was passing it to world class players in every direction. You can't really compare their metrics because they're completely imbalanced.

I don't necessarily think Isco is better than Ozil, but he's certainly as good and anyone who has seen him play can attest to that. That is no slight to Ozil either -- Isco is comfortably one of the top few players in the world in his age group. If you had to choose between the two right now in their shoes, it's a no brainer for Madrid. They wanted more Spanish players and they got the best young one for peanuts basically. Already scored 3 goals in 3 for Madrid.. sigh. :(

His last season with Werder Bremen was also great.

But he's right, you can't back up your claim that Isco is better with any metrics that compare the positions the play, this includes assist numbers, goals scored, chances created. You can bring up age that Isco is younger, but then you would arguing his potential to be better. He's not yet, he hasn't proved that.

I was just talking shit with Isco being better. Can't really say who is better at the moment, haven't watched enough of Isco yet.

But it's just a matter of time for me until Isco is better. Isco just is one hell of an awesome player. And while I don't exactly know how consistent Isco is, he can't possible be worse than Özil. Özil didn't improve his inconsistency under Schaaf and Mourinho which I both rate highly. And no, I don't care for his stats. Being invisible the whole match and just passing it to Ronaldo who then scores a goal out of nowhere (which counts as assist) doesn't prove Özil is consistent.

Is it me or has the Bayern discussion all but died over the international break?

Bayern is dead. Pep killed them.

Messi

What's wrong with this guy?

Yurt is Yenrot's alt.
deGod is Messi's imaginary roommate.
<3 I kid deGod <3
rvy and Hitcher are blood related to Serie A-GAF
arkon is allegedly Giovinco's PR guy.

This is bullying of the highest order

panty

Carlo Ancelotti confirmed in a recent press conference that Gareth Bale will play his first game as a Real Madrid player in this Saturday's match at El Madrigal. "He will travel with the team and he will play. I don't know if he will start, but he will definitely take part. I don't know if it will be from the start; I still have to make that decision. But he's going to play."

"He's missed out on a normal preseason, but it is not the time to push him out of the team. He's going to train and play at the same time. He's fine. He's very excited and very motivated. His fitness isn't perfect, but it's not bad." He is in no doubt as to what position he will take up: "He will play on the right flank."

"To me, Bale looks really excited to be at the club he wanted to come to. He is a humble player; he likes spending time with his teammates. He has settled into the squad well," said the manager about the Welshman, before adding: "I know Tottenham had higher offers than Real Madrid's. I don't know how much was paid, but I do know they had a better offer. The player's desire to come here was what made the difference."

The manager also assured that Asier Illarramendi will start. "Illarramendi has worked really hard. He's ready and will play against Villarreal as well. He will play from the start of the match."

Ancelotti confirmed that Isco will not have any problems making the squad: "He had an ankle problem, but he's recovered well. He'll play tomorrow; he's in good shape." The same goes for Nacho, who will start at left back, given the loss of Marcelo and Coentrao and doubts concerning Álvaro Arbeloa.

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti wanted to clarify the reasons for the departures of Kaká, and especially Mesut Özil, at an earlier press conference: "I've heard a lot of people talk about the departure of Özil and now it's my turn to talk. Nobody leaves Madrid if they don't want to leave. Özil thought he had a lot of competition for places and asked to leave. It doesn't happen to everyone. The coaching staff's decision was to let Özil leave. We received a good bid and everyone was satisfied. We wish him all the best".
Illarra to start tomorrow, yikes.

Please perform well.

Yen

Definitely think Fellaini will be used as an attacking player. Any time United are losing, lob it up to the big man.

Lightning

Banned
Working with Wenger is going to improve Ozil a lot. If there is any manager in the world capable of getting the best out of a player like Ozil, it's Arsene Wenger.

Ozil has been outstanding up until now, imo, but under Wenger I can see him really pushing on and cementing his place as one of the best attacking midfielders in the game.

K1LLER7

Definitely think Fellaini will be used as an attacking player. Any time United are losing, lob it up to the big man.

-----Carrick -- Fellani------

---Nani - Rooney - Kagawa---

-------------- RVP ---------------

Dat team
(in my FIFA 14)

faridmon

I don't understand how Isco can be considered as good as Ozil when Ozil has over 20 assists a season consistently over the last 5 seasons. Isco has not achieved such consistently although the potential is there.

Not to undermine Ozil, but Isco talent is unprecedented. Isco haven't achieved as much? Have you watched Malaga last season?

Oh please.I know you guys are hyped about Ozil and whatnot, and nothing is wrong with that. But don't let that run wild with your conjecture and ignore facts and whatnot. Isco have proved that he has talented and have backed it up in the previous season with Malaga of all teams. I don't know why would anyone compare between the two since they are quite different and have played for two different teams that differ in quality.

If you want proof, Isco have made more impact at Real Madrid already than Ozil had last season.

Lightning

Banned
Not to undermine Ozil, but Isco talent is unprecedented. Isco haven't achieved as much? Have you watched Malaga last season?
I never bad mouthed Isco. I just don't think he's as good as Ozil yet and I still don't. He may become better one day but that day hasn't happened yet.

you dirty cunt.

I'll never forget this

get bent

:D

Michael Laudrup said:
I was a little surprised. We talk about a young player, a huge talent, and I am sure he would have played in a crucial game (for England) the other day.

But he was injured and yet 48 hours later he is fit to play against us.

But when we talk about England and young players and the importance of the game (in Ukraine), I was surprised to read less than 48 hours after such a crucial game that he is fit to play against us.

I thought there were some rules that if you were injured you couldn't just play with your team three of four days later.

48 hours? There's 6 days between the Ukraine and Swansea matches :s

Piszczek's, Gündogan's and Weidenfeller's player faces in FIFA14 look awesome.

It's a bit poor that Blaszczykowski still has his 2009 haircut and Schmelzer and Bender still have red hair. You'd think they'd care a bit more considering we're an EA "partner" or however they call it.

faridmon

I never bad mouthed Isco. I just don't think he's as good as Ozil yet and I still don't. He may become better one day but that day hasn't happened yet.

He already have made big impact on Real where he won games for them. That proves things. I don't want to compare between the two but saying one is better than other is very myopic and reductionist view on things.
players
Piszczek's, Gündogan's and Weidenfeller's player faces look awesome.

I really don't like how Gündo&#287;an is acting towards the contract talks. Why do players such as him act all mighty and all, haven't he learned anything from the likes of Sahin, Kagawa and now Götze.

Just sell his ass and where he ends up be.

jtb

Banned
He already have made big impact on Real where he won games for them. That proves things. I don't want to compare between the two but saying one is better than other is very myopic and reductionist view on things.

3 games is small sample size.

Kenka

Don't believe Kabouter's lies
Isn't Kabouter an Almere fan ? You could devise some strategy to get your revenge, somehow.
Piszczek's, Gündogan's and Weidenfeller's player faces in FIFA14 look awesome.

It's a bit poor that Blaszczykowski still has his 2009 haircut and Schmelzer and Bender still have red hair. You'd think they'd care a bit more considering we're an EA "partner" or however they call it.

Bwa ha ha haha.

I really don't like how Gündo&#287;an is acting towards the contract talks. Why do players such as him act all mighty and all, haven't he learned anything from the likes of Sahin, Kagawa and now Götze.

Just sell his ass and where he ends up be.

iTr50x9gydTZD.gif

You know what to do Moyes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alessio Tacchinardi "My first Inter-Juve? I can't really remember it, but we've always massacred them."

God I love him so much.
KuGsj.gif

THAT WE DID

Edit: The rest of the interview

Tacchinardi "Inter are going through a good period but Juve could bring them back to earth."

"Maybe Inter think that they've already bridged the gap that is still significantly in favor of Juventus."

"My first Inter-Juve? I can't really remember it, but we've always massacred them."

"For Juventini the game against Inter is unlike any other, there is a special hatred, that different to the one against Milan."

"I have always admired Zanetti as a man & as a player & Ronaldo was something from outer space."

"But the thing you could see from a mile away is the difference in mentality between Inter & Juve. Inter used to arrive in Turin with a certain psychological subjection (that's true their record is laughable in Turin), like they were afraid from the Bianconeri shirt"

"I think Tevez could be the man of the match [vs Inter], he arrived at a perfect system which can still grow."

"Pogba is my current favorite player, along with Vidal. They're 2 midfielders who can make a difference & can still improve."

Top Bottom