• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
/DEAD

In a frankly bizarre twist, Sampdoria caught a Genoa scout dressed in camouflage gear spying on their training ahead of Sunday’s derby.

delpra490sg.jpg

The two local rivals will face off at Marassi on Sunday at 19.45 UK time

It seems Genoa were hoping to gain an advantage, but were left red-faced when Primavera youth team goalkeeping Coach Luca Del Prà was caught spying on Samp’s training session.

It was Sampdoria who revealed the strange story with a statement on their official website and photograph of the man dressed in full camouflage gear to hide in the bushes outside the Bogliasco camp.

“We knew the derby was a matter of nerve, tactics and strategy, but we frankly never expected it to become a matter of espionage,” read the Sampdoria site.

“And yet, in Genoa, this too can happen. Just two days before the big match, Delio Rossi ordered training behind closed doors and an emissary from the other team was asked to spy on the tactical systems for Sunday night.

“It was a real secret mission set by the Genoa generals, a military action with full camouflage gear and mountain boots.

“Like a would-be Rambo hidden in the Poggio bushes, Luca Del Prà, Coach of the Primavera youth team goalkeepers from the club of such noble descendants, could not fight the counter-measures of the Blucerchiati’s intelligence services.

“However, there are no prisoners, nor bloodshed. Once he was caught in the act, with his hands in the cookie jar, the soldier from the other side was set free so he could return to base.

“After all, one must always forgive enemies, as nothing irritates them more.”

Zabojnik

Good news everyone, well Juve fans

Napoli president De Laurentiis on Inter-Juve "I don't care who wins I only think of Napoli, but I certainly will not cheer for Mazzarri."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

We shouldn't risk Barzagli if he's not 'fully fit' again. He played despite being injured for no reason, really. We have Ogbonna, USE HIM.

Conte doesn't give a fuck, as per usual. If they say "we're fine coach, we can play", they're gonna play. Although I have the feeling Vucinic might not start tonight. We'll see.

LOOOOL @ Genoa spy story. Mazzarri started a trend. Yet another thing he invented.

Linius

Some people who ordered from Amazon UK already have their GTAVs :(

I ordered mine on may 16 and still no news about dispatch. I really hope this shop is gonna deliver soon. But if it pops up in a store somewhere today I'll just fight the rain and get it today. Don't have that much time to play next anyways.

Tc91

I only watched the first season. I liked it but never went back. Keep planning to.

I'm only on episode 6 of season 1 but it's absolutely class. Might watch a episode before the footy.

---

That Alistair Fergusson said Kagawa has gone home with the flu. FFS.

Zabojnik

Hitcher pippone!

The first match is Napoli - Borussia. Niiiice. I'm curious to see how Rafa boys perform against a serious opponent.

Clegg

Mark Ogden says United want to sign two midfielders in the next two transfer windows.

There's no stopping this train.

Tc91

First time that Fergie is at the game today.

Moyes on Herrera: We bid £23m and was never going to go to the buy out clause.

Bilbao never negotiate do they? Woodward is a dickhead.

What the fuck is it with some PC players constantly telling everyone in the GTA threads whether they're getting it on console or waiting for PC based on framerate impressions? We got it the first time. We got it the second time. It didn't suddenly become interesting the third time.

lol playing hardball with Bilbao. Morons.

Arnie

It's all a moot argument anyway. Rockstar's set a precedent on PS3 this generation, so if PS3 buyers were purchasing expecting it to be a technical marvel then they're fucking amoebas who need slapping with a fish.

Clegg

If he's genuinely ill then I don't see how anyone can complain about him not starting. He didn't look too bad in the pics from yesterdays training tho.

Suen

Just went through the Unreal and UT99 soundtracks, remember loving them way back when the games were active and they are still just as good today. These two games have amazing soundtracks.

I'd rather Kagawa play against Leverkusen. Doubt that if he played today, he'll play in the CL match.

At this rate, he'll get a 30 minute run-out on the wing against Neverkusen without much time to impress, ride out the City game on the bench with Young put on ahead of him, and then get injured.

Top Bottom