• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

pappe

Fellaini on the bench too. Anderson and Carrick start in midfield.

Fabio starts at right back.

I fucking knew it. The dinosaur wil not start Carrick and Fellaini. Its only gonna be either one of the 2.

I have almost lost all my faith in Moyes.

dc89

Valencia and Young on the wings.

Hopefully they actually do something useful

ikLKxgNunvkcH.gif

WJD

Having issues adding BT Sport to Sky at the moment, even though we're on BT Broadband, anyone got a decent stream for the game?

Arnie

As promised I'm heading out for a subway and a coffee. Who wants owt?

Excited for the delirium. The first Young back pass, Anderson's first gasp at just two minutes in. Moyes strafing in his technical area like he's dropped a fossilised log in his kecks.

Wilbur

Banned
Nice to see Anderson and Fabio starting, but I do think Zaha should be there over Valencia or Young, especially considering its unlikely he'll play in the CL or the City game either.

Shinji ill then?

Clegg

It's not a terrible starting line up. Disappointed that Hernandez isn't starting tho. He needs games and a home appearance against a newly promoted side would have the perfect game to ease him into the season.

sohois

Visca Barca

-

WAYNE ROOONEEEEEEEEY

I find it weird how it is just generally assumed that Conte and Klopp are just at temporary jobs for the moment, and as soon as a team like Real Madrid come calling they'll abandon their clubs to spend 1-2 years at a joke club.

Realistically, what team is bigger than Juve? Sure, other clubs have more cups, more glory, but when you get to the top, top level, the differences are practically meaningless. If Juve had had 100million to spend on Gareth Bale then I think Bale would have gone there. Yes there are always going to be some clubs that can offer a bit more transfer money, a bit more salary, but that comes at a cost of working for and with cunts and getting sacked in a few years. Any move that Conte were to make would be a sideways move. Klopp is in a slightly different position, as Dortmund don't have quite the illustrious pedigree of Juventus despite their 90s exploits, but I still think the same applies. I could perhaps see him leave if all of his players continually decide to leave and fail elsewhere, but surely they will learn eventually that it is the club that makes then great, not themselves.

In a rational world the only teams that I feel should be able to tempt the pair from their clubs would be national teams and the chance at a world cup.

Tc91

As promised I'm heading out for a subway and a coffee. Who wants owt?

Excited for the delirium. The first Young back pass, Anderson's first gasp at just two minutes in. Moyes strafing in his technical area like he's dropped a fossilised log in his kecks.

What do you get from Subway?

Turkey & Ham, lettuce, olives, extra gherkins, chipotle sauce on Italian toasted bread is what I normally go for.

It's not a terrible starting line up. Disappointed that Hernandez isn't starting tho. He needs games and a home appearance against a newly promoted side would have the perfect game to ease him into the season.

No doubt he'll come on today but I hope he starts midweek. Welbeck will probably get the nod ahead of him though.

Can't watch it cause I need to add our account number... Which is to be found on statements/contract... Which are all at work.

If you're on BT Broadband don't you have an account to login with?

Or are you saying you need the number to set up an account?

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah, same. Would have rathered him in there over Rooney or RVP today I think. Need to start rotating this squad for games like this Moyesie.

Rio and Vidic CBs? :/

Arnie

What do you get from Subway?

Turkey & Ham, lettuce, olives, extra gherkins, chipotle sauce on Italian toasted bread is what I normally go for.

Turkey and Ham? Please. That's like going to Tesco and buying a kitkat.

MEATBALL. ON HONEY OAT. ALL SALAD (except toms). LIGHT MAYO.

CAPPUCCINO PLS

INTER MERDA

Fergie

Banned
Well at least Fabio is playing and Anderson as well. I'm sure Shinji will play soon. This malarkey about him will end.

Also Rooney links up well with RVP.

Anyway onto the match.

I don't think we're going to see Januzaj. Fellaini will be subbed on for Anderson as he's a new signing and Anderson will struggle. Zaha will be subbed on for Valencia because it's his former club. Chicha needs game time so he'll come on as well.

;_;

bud

this is pretty much ferguson's team. i don't see the big deal.

the only difference now is that automatic wins are no longer guaranteed.

Clegg

Yeah, same. Would have rathered him in there over Rooney or RVP today I think. Need to start rotating this squad for games like this Moyesie.

Rio and Vidic CBs? :/
I suppose Moyes wants to start Rooney as much as possible to assure him that he's a vital member of the squad. But Rio and Vidic really don't need to start every game.

Wilbur

Banned
I suppose Moyes wants to start Rooney as much as possible to aasure him that he's a vital member of the squad. But Rio and Vidic really don't need to start every game.

I'd rather have seen Jones and Evans in the middle today as well. Rio and Vidic will probably start CL and City as well

fuck he has no idea how to rotate haha

LTWheels

So it looks like PC options have been found in the files of GTAV. Stuff like the max number of pedestrians on the consoles is 100; but on PC it's 200. Vehicle limit is 60; PC is 150 etc.

I'd rather have seen Jones and Evans in the middle today as well. Rio and Vidic will probably start CL and City as well

I was just thinking that. Rotation isn't there so far.

I'm almost sure he's going to want to field a strong team against Leverkusen as he's new to the CL. Today was the perfect day to start several players on the bench.

Tc91

Turkey and Ham? Please. That's like going to Tesco and buying a kitkat.

MEATBALL. ON HONEY OAT. ALL SALAD (except toms). LIGHT MAYO.

CAPPUCCINO PLS

INTER MERDA

You're like dc then with the sweaty Meatball.

--

GTA advert during the break hnnnnnggggggg. Tesco better have it on Monday midnight.

sohois

So it looks like PC options have been found in the files of GTAV. Stuff like the max number of pedestrians on the consoles is 100; but on PC it's 200. Vehicle limit is 60; PC is 150 etc.

Now all they have to do is find the next-gen options and the shocking GTA news will be complete.

bud

he's won four points in three games. five out of four, or even worse, four out of four is going to look really bad.

of course he's going to want his best players to play.

Wilbur

Banned
he's won four points in three games. five out of four, or even worse, four out of four is going to look really bad.

of course he's going to want his best players to play.

Fergie got four points out of the same three games last year. Evans and Zaha are good enough players to beat Crystal Palace.

Please bud. Please go back to trying to find volunteers to play centre back for you today.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I find it weird how it is just generally assumed that Conte and Klopp are just at temporary jobs for the moment, and as soon as a team like Real Madrid come calling they'll abandon their clubs to spend 1-2 years at a joke club.

Realistically, what team is bigger than Juve? Sure, other clubs have more cups, more glory, but when you get to the top, top level, the differences are practically meaningless. If Juve had had 100million to spend on Gareth Bale then I think Bale would have gone there. Yes there are always going to be some clubs that can offer a bit more transfer money, a bit more salary, but that comes at a cost of working for and with cunts and getting sacked in a few years. Any move that Conte were to make would be a sideways move. Klopp is in a slightly different position, as Dortmund don't have quite the illustrious pedigree of Juventus despite their 90s exploits, but I still think the same applies. I could perhaps see him leave if all of his players continually decide to leave and fail elsewhere, but surely they will learn eventually that it is the club that makes then great, not themselves.

In a rational world the only teams that I feel should be able to tempt the pair from their clubs would be national teams and the chance at a world cup.
This post needs more love. Quoted for the new page.

Yurt, mi raccomando per stasera. I'll be watching at work, we need someone to anti-jinx it.

tumblr_m04hs9iFyD1r4t2zqo1_500.gif

Zabojnik

*sense*

When petrodollars come knocking, ratio goes out the window. :( In Conte's case, ambition will likely play a bigger role than money, although seeing your salary doubled isn't exactly a bad bonus, heh. He wants to grow, to win everything, to be the best. He's Juventino to the bone, but unless we as a club get (and fast) to a place where we can guarantee him the players he needs, he'll start looking elsewhere. Italy is pretty much in the toilet right now, so it's much easier said than done. We've certainly started to move in the right direction under Andrea Agnelli's presidency, but we're nowhere near clubs like Real, Barca, United, etc. in terms of revenue and transfer budgets.

Hopefully the heart prevails, but I'm not holding my breath.

So, there's an article about the (bad) relationship between Hummels and Löw on SZ. It's written by a journalist that is one of a few outside of Dortmund that has good sources at BVB. Of course there's some speculation going on but isn't bullshit at all and is the truth if you ask me.

Now comes the funny part, Lewandowski's agent writes on twitter that the article and the journalist is shit. Lewandowski's agent. What? Why? In case anyone needed more proof that Lewandowski and his agents are a bunch of fucktarts.

bud

Fergie got four points out of the same three games last year. Evans and Zaha are good enough players to beat Crystal Palace.

Please bud. Please go back to trying to find volunteers to play centre back for you today.

like you said, honey bunny, that was ferguson. this is moyes. he's going to be under a shit load of pressure if he doesn't win today. his line of thinking is probably that it's better to be safe than sorry. i can't blame him considering the situation he's in.

pappe

So, there's an article about the (bad) relationship between Hummels and Löw on SZ. It's written by a journalist that is one of a few outside of Dortmund that has good sources at BVB. Of course there's some speculation going on but isn't bullshit at all and is the truth if you ask me.

Now comes the funny part, Lewandowski's agent writes on twitter that the article and the journalist is shit. Lewandowski's agent. What? Why? In case anyone needed more proof that Lewandowski and his agents are a bunch of fucktarts.

Maybe Lewandowski's agent is also Low's or Hummels agent?

Oh my God, Wenger talking about how the difference today with manager pressure is Twitter. This is glorious. "Before man come home to wife. Say to wife and kids manager was useless. Goes to bed and wakes up. Today man goes on twitter and finds hundreds of others!".

Top Bottom