• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Tc91

BUH6V3tCIAAKQ-2.jpg:large

I want to see the afro from the start of the second half.

It annoys me that teams with such star power feel the need to go down under dubious circumstances. You can't tell with some players if the challenge was sufficient or not anymore. Why dive? It's not even a level playing field to begin with, why feel the need to yell at the ref to send someone off?

I would love it if it was the teams at the bottom half of the table that played dirty.

Double standards, I know.
The teams at the bottom play dirty/cheat just as much.

justjohn

You have absolutely no reason to think that.

Football fans are so fucking stupid. They'll make up an entire personality just to go along with what they want to believe.

You don't know any of them. They've done nothing major to make anybody really dislike them.
I suppose biting and racially abusing another player is nothing major.

valeo

Also, to all these Young haters - if he dived a lot, but still played well; would you care?

Of course not. You all loved Ronaldo in his early years.

Don't pretend you don't like him because of some moral code. You don't like him because he is out of form.

It annoys me that teams with such star power feel the need to go down under dubious circumstances. You can't tell with some players if the challenge was sufficient or not anymore. Why dive? It's not even a level playing field to begin with, why feel the need to yell at the ref to send someone off?

I would love it if it was the teams at the bottom half of the table that played dirty.

Yeah, teams like Stoke are the paragons of sport.

I like how diving is viewed as being worse than flying in with karate chop tackles and breaking legs ala Shawcross.

Also, there is an element of cheating or pushing the boundaries in _every game_ of professional sport.

noal

Banned
Well to be fair I don't think that was a penalty at all. Just get rid of Young on a free, he's stopping other players from getting a chance.

Slizz

Also, to all these Young haters - if he dived a lot, but still played well; would you care?

Don't pretend you don't like him because of some moral code. You don't like him because he is out of form.

I don't like his game period. A winger that passes backwards is fucking pointless.

arkon

Everybody does.it. The teams at the bottom aren't averse to that sort of behaviour. It's just it's more magnified at the top teams where there's more attention given to their games.

I don't think anybody dislikes him for moral reasons.

We're more embarrassed by his football than by his diving.

Wilbur

Banned

Never liked him. His diving just fuels the fire.

Tc91

The way he plays football is fucking shit. Pass back, pass back, pass back.

If he can't do that he cuts inside on his right foot and whips a ball which either goes flying past the far post or straight to the keeper.

He's just shit.

valeo

I don't like his game period. A winger that passes backwards is fucking pointless.

He's crossed the most out of anyone this game. Those crosses have mostly been in good areas too.

What he has lost in his bad form is his ability to beat players (and so he has to cut back on his right and cross instead) - at Villa he did that basically every time he got the ball. Not sure what's happened there.

Never liked him. His diving just fuels the fire.

Fair enough. I didn't mind him at Villa, but obviously being in a Utd shirt he's turned into a shit diver ;)

subtles

Let me clarify, I would love it if it was only the teams at the bottom half of the table.

Defending Suarez? There is a difference between 'tolerating' a player who gets paid to play football and actually defending said man's antics.

Of course I'm happy when Suarez scores, it means Liverpool scored.

I'd have sold Suarez long ago to invest in the team tbh.

Well, I never thought that the referee would give us any favors, so I'm not suprised or even dissapointed. This is just how it is to play Man Utd, and when we give them a finger with some stupid passing, then of course they're going to take the whole hand of us.

This is his form. He sucks. I didn't like him when he first came either. I don't know about the rest of the united bros though.

Linius

This GTA V stream is hilarious. Some dude was
kicking little piggies :lol

Not a big spoiler, but it's something you can do.

Top Bottom