• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Bo-Locks

I tuned in to Final Score and they seemed to be suggesting that the technology failed at the SOL. They said Hawk Eye showed the ball crossed the line but the referee did not give it. That suggests there was a problem in transmitting the signal to the referee's watch.

So was it just Martin Atkinson's stupidity or was there a tech problem?

Wilbur

Banned
I tuned in to Final Score and they seemed to be suggesting that the technology failed at the SOL. They said Hawk Eye showed the ball crossed the line but the referee did not give it. That suggests there was a problem in transmitting the signal to the referee's watch.

It did cross the line but he blew for a free kick before. Dunno about a tech problem but he blew the whistle as Altidore kicked the ball.

Stoke would beat Benfica at the Britannia.

tumblr_mas0dmp7IT1rsj0eao1_400.gif

Meier

Still no wins in Wales or at Stoke in the PL.

If Giroud is out for awhile, suppose I'll have to use my Wildcard. Thought about doing it already.

Wes

venison crêpe

Atkinson, not the tech.

Suen

Özil with a great debut, amazing passes and good corners. Seems he will settle down quickly while keeping the best parts that made him great at Madrid. Ramsey being an absolute fucking legend in this game, totally opposite from what he was a year ago. We're looking much more promising this season.

Plasma

Banned
Good result but I feel a bit uneasy about it considering the referee decision when it should have been 2-2.

I just hope Giroud isn't out for long, we have CL in midweek and then Stoke on Sunday.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
oh wow city actually drew, was sure they would nick one

Wes

venison crêpe
We've been dire today. Didn't deserve to win. Everyone was so fucking static it was a joke. Reminded me of McLeish era.

Ben Arfa destroyed us.

Wilbur

Banned
Why is dicanio even managing a premier league team? Because he's foreign its automatically assumed he's a good manager?

Well he did well at Swindon to be fair, and he got like top marks in his coaching badges... but I do think he's brought in too many players for them to be cohesive at this point in time. They looked alright in spells and got fucked by the referee today.

bud

ozil could've had three assists under his belt in the first half if it hadn't been for walcott's incompetence as not only a footballer, but also as a human being. he fizzled out a bit in the second half, but whenever he has the ball, he exudes class. overall, a pretty decent debut.

walcott's the reason this ended up being such a tough game.

giroud, please be okay.
please.

Suen

So Giroud might be out? On top of that we have CL coming up, fucking great news. We'll have to depend on Podolski (shit) and Sanogo (not proven) to do the job. Walcott only knows how to run fast, Ramsey has shoot-phobia and so does Özil. Ramsey and Cazorla pls save us.

justjohn

Well he did well at Swindon to be fair, and he got like top marks in his coaching badges... but I do think he's brought in too many players for them to be cohesive at this point in time. They looked alright in spells and got fucked by the referee today.
He did well at Swindon and he has badges? Well youve convinced me.

We might not need to bench Wilshere.

Play him on the wing and play Cazorla on the other, bench Walcott.

I think he should definitely be benched when one of our wide players comes back.

Cazorla - Ozil - Ramsey in the middle with Arteta/Flamini sitting deeper and Ox/Podolski on the left.

Wilbur

Banned
He did well at Swindon and he has badges? Well youve convinced me.

thank u for ignoring the rest of my post

I don't think he should be at a PL team so early, but if he's done better than some English managers at his level and his coaching badges are better than some English managers at his level, why shouldn't he get a chance?

Top Bottom