• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Scum

Dortmund, Real, and Barca results nets me £25 which pays for three pints and a Nandos. That then saves me £25 of my own money which shall go in the jar marked 'naughty denim'.

By the time October's icy wind blows through my windows ill have some fur lined clobber.

0q76ono.gif

Wasn't pretty. Just grinded it out -- Stoke had a few good chances. I thought we might nick one since Huth should probably have gone off for good for the last 10+ mins but he somehow still played.

Sounds like Stoke are doing ok under Hughes then. From the team sheet it looks like Pellegrini rested the players that did a fair bit of travelling for the internationals.

Dortmund, Real, and Barca results nets me £25 which pays for three pints and a Nandos. That then saves me £25 of my own money which shall go in the jar marked 'naughty denim'.

By the time October's icy wind blows through my windows ill have some fur lined clobber.

I really hope that jacket is in GTA V

Meier

Jelavic is so bad. Martinez is an idiot for not starting Deulofeu.

Yep, no Kone on the bench.. Magaye Gueye (who? Everton youth product I guess?) is there instead.

Wilbur

Banned
Koscielny's given away six penalties in the PL since he's been at Arsenal #Boss

Can't believe you guys ain't gone and seen the light yet. He's a fucking idiot.

K1LLER7

Saturday’s match saw another Belgian midfielder make his Old Trafford debut in the form of 18-year-old prodigy Adnan Januzaj, who caught the eye of compatriot Fellaini.

“Everybody knows he has a lot of quality, he is the future of Manchester United,” Fellaini explained. “He has a lot of qualities, he needs to work hard but he did well today, very well. He has a big time now, so he needs to work hard, keep going and help the team.”

Even Fellani knows what's up.

BAEC49FD18BA45F295DC699E242C42AF.ashx

phaze

Arsene Wenger has admitted that Arsenal got a bit lucky with the decisions today, and he needs defender Laurent Koscielny to sort himself out.

The Frenchman has now conceded six penalties in the Premier League. Only Gary Caldwell (currently at Championship side Wigan) has conceded more penalties since the start of the 2008-09 season. Caldwell gifted seven spot-kicks in that period.

Carbonox

3 wins in a row in all competitions will serve as a lovely confidence boost for Newcastle that should last a while I hope. We have Hull Tigers next week as well. With Remy and Ben Arfa in this kind of form, I am confident despite playing against a promoted team.

Suen

Fuck that, it makes up for the shitty decision in the Villa game.

Plus, he blew the whistle early. It's not like he waited for when it was dribbling into the net. Refs do that all the time. Should've played advantage, but he didn't - so too bad Sunderland. Plus Altidore thought he was playing NFL , not football, and started a wrestling match with Sagna.

Podolski is out injured long term and Sanogo has a back issue.

We are fucked if Giroud is injured, but we knew that months ago. Seriously think we are a striker and a CB away from having a title challenging team which makes it all the more frustrating we didn't strengthen in those positions.
My post should say that Wilshere has shoot-phobia, not Ramsey :lol. Anyway yeah...we're pretty fucked. This is one of the reason most of us said we need to get a new striker, not only because Giroud was mediocre last season and we needed to strenghten our alternatives but also because there are no good replacements in case one gets injured. Striker, CB, a DM and a GK is what we need imo.

Salvadora

Koscielny's given away six penalties in the PL since he's been at Arsenal #Boss

Can't believe you guys ain't gone and seen the light yet. He's a fucking idiot.
Bad stat, but he has improved in his time at Arsenal.

Mertesacker is a calming influence. Please understand.

Saturday’s match saw another Belgian midfielder make his Old Trafford debut in the form of 18-year-old prodigy Adnan Januzaj, who caught the eye of compatriot Fellaini.

“Everybody knows he has a lot of quality, he is the future of Manchester United,” Fellaini explained. “He has a lot of qualities, he needs to work hard but he did well today, very well. He has a big time now, so he needs to work hard, keep going and help the team.”

Even Fellani knows what's up.

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/BAEC49FD18BA45F295DC699E242C42AF.ashx?20130914T1350218440&mw=500[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect to see Januzaj in the first team squad again for a few games.

Might play some part against Liverpool next week since the majority of our first team players will be pretty knackered after the CL and Derby game but I can't see Moyes going for a complete 2nd string against Liverpool.

It was a nice cameo though, gave him a taster so hopefully it gives him motivation to keep working hard in the u21's.

Showaddy

Yeah. 8.9 FM Sig turned up. \o/

Oooh I dunno if it was 8.9 FM level, 2 good finishes but they were very simple. He wasn't bad around the park but he wasn't stunning either. He at least passed the ball though, unlike a very eager but soon to be dropped if he carries on shooting Englishman...

jtb

Banned
I think all of Giroud's goals this season have been in the opening 20 minutes or so. Don't get me wrong, I'd be content with him leading the line for the entire season (if he can stay fit), but it seems like he has a bigger disappearing problem than Ozil does atm.

Suen

to be fair, he wasn't the only one. sunderland were the better team when they scored. i think he recovered decently after that, like the rest of the team. he does need some time to adapt, though; there were a few instances where he probably thought he had enough time to react only to get tackled and give away possession.
The problem with Özil is that he has those "become invisible" times way too often in his games. Rarely does he play up to his level for the whole game or most of it. I usually give him the first half and a bit of the second before I know he's not going to contribute to anything. Now with this considered playing in EPL becomes much more scary because the football played in this league is much faster, it moves much more in comparison to La Liga and so I'm expecting him to run out of energy even faster unless he manages to adapt himself to the league fast and well.

I'm not trying to say Özil was the one at wrong in this game because he clearly was among the best especially for his first game. I'm talking about the issues he had when he played for Madrid, this need to be sorted out or else you'll what happened today very often. Still, even with these problem he's still a player who strengthens our squad so I'm grateful for that.

Scum

Oooh I dunno if it was 8.9 FM level, 2 good finishes but they were very simple. He wasn't bad around the park but he wasn't stunning either. He at least passed the ball though, unlike a very eager but soon to be dropped if he carries on shooting Englishman...

Lamela will be starting over him soon enough.

So it seems FPL has shit the bed? Can't really access much on the site aside from scores

Its the ghost of Van Persie's assist frying the servers :p

Quite enjoying not having an FPL team this year, makes it easier to hate the other teams and just concentrate on Liverpool

Top Bottom