• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Suen

ozil could've had three assists under his belt in the first half if it hadn't been for walcott's incompetence as not only a footballer, but also as a human being. he fizzled out a bit in the second half, but whenever he has the ball, he exudes class. overall, a pretty decent debut.

walcott's the reason this ended up being such a tough game.

giroud, please be okay.
please.
Told you guys, Özil is great but that part is one of his biggest problems, ask anyone from Madrid-GAF. He simply does not have it in him to last the entire game, hope he can fix this because then he'd be a fucking monster (almost, he needs to shoot more)

arkon

rodgers_dance2.gif

I fucking love this gif. Amazing.

jtb

Banned
Good three points. I can't wait to see this midfield in action w/ Arteta back. Wilshere looked pretty lively on the wing, Walcott was absolutely terrible. And 4 in 4 for Giroud is a damn solid return; gotta hope he can keep up his fitness.

Defense looked pretty clueless as always, which was a bit surprising given Flamini and Ramsey should've been providing a lot of cover for defense. But weren't (though Ramsey was fantastic going forward today). And Sagna's just not a center half. And Chesney is still shit.

I'm really worried that this fixture congestion is going to kill our squad before we can even get other players back to rotate. It could get pretty bad in the next couple weeks, especially if Giroud picks up a long-term injury.

Pass was just a bit too far behind him so he could only get a touch on it with his toes. Done his knee in by doing that.

not his fault the pass was shit

ah, I see. Shame, hopefully it's not too bad.

valeo

Good result but I feel a bit uneasy about it considering the referee decision when it should have been 2-2.

I just hope Giroud isn't out for long, we have CL in midweek and then Stoke on Sunday.

Fuck that, it makes up for the shitty decision in the Villa game.

Plus, he blew the whistle early. It's not like he waited for when it was dribbling into the net. Refs do that all the time. Should've played advantage, but he didn't - so too bad Sunderland. Plus Altidore thought he was playing NFL , not football, and started a wrestling match with Sagna.

So Giroud might be out? On top of that we have CL coming up, fucking great news. We'll have to depend on Podolski (shit) and Sanogo (not proven) to do the job. Walcott only knows how to run fast, Ramsey has shoot-phobia and so does Özil. Ramsey and Cazorla pls save us.

Podolski is out injured long term and Sanogo has a back issue.

We are fucked if Giroud is injured, but we knew that months ago. Seriously think we are a striker and a CB away from having a title challenging team which makes it all the more frustrating we didn't strengthen in those positions.

Scum

Thank you, based Eriksen! Time for some food.
Oi, Arnie. Can you afford a new denim yet? Or waiting on more results?

Salvadora

I'm really worried that this fixture congestion is going to kill our squad before we can even get other players back to rotate. It could get pretty bad in the next couple weeks, especially if Giroud picks up a long-term injury.
I'm terrified of that myself. It kills me that our squad is bare bones only a month into the season. Just doesn't seem fair.

Giroud was the worst possible injury we could have had.

jtb

Banned
The reason why Wilshere was so effective on the wing today was because we had so much possession and Sunderland really restricted the space. That's when Walcott's at his worst. But it's still really important to keep him in the squad, especially against better teams, because he will get space and he will be the only one capable of exploiting it.

bud

Told you guys, Özil is great but that part is one of his biggest problems, ask anyone from Madrid-GAF. He simply does not have it in him to last the entire game, hope he can fix this because then he'd be a fucking monster (almost, he needs to shoot more)

to be fair, he wasn't the only one. sunderland were the better team when they scored. i think he recovered decently after that, like the rest of the team. he does need some time to adapt, though; there were a few instances where he probably thought he had enough time to react only to get tackled and give away possession.

Hindle

Banned
I'm surprised at the Villa score, I thought they were coming together as a team.

City dropping even more points as well? A case of welcome to Stoke for Pellegrini lol.

K1LLER7

"Thankfully Januzaj seems happy where he is. There’s also a clue in the name - Adnan is of Arabic origin meaning ‘settler’ or ‘to stay’. Thankfully it’s far easier to pronounce too."

from Mirror article

Arnie

Dortmund, Real, and Barca results nets me £25 which pays for three pints and a Nandos. That then saves me £25 of my own money which shall go in the jar marked 'naughty denim'.

By the time October's icy wind blows through my windows ill have some fur lined clobber.

GorillaJu

So they showed a slow motion replay and Martin Atkinson blew the whistle after Jozy had already won the challenge and muscled off Sagna.

Ugh, what a ... god. No words. Fucking hell. Sunderland deserved a point.

Meier

Trying to think up an engineer joke about City result but I didn't watch them play. What happened?

Wasn't pretty. Just grinded it out -- Stoke had a few good chances. I thought we might nick one since Huth should probably have gone off for good for the last 10+ mins but he somehow still played.

Showaddy

Seems my predictions about Sigurdsson being shit was wrong. I feel it's balanced out by my prediction that Eriksen could be the difference in our teams performance :p

Top Bottom