• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

From Kolo's instagram.

BVXXfhZCIAAD43M.jpg
I love Kolo. Such a nice guy.

Feorax

Kolo seems like an amazing guy, almost too good to be true.

I'm a little worried that Francois the used car salesman is going to re-appear at some point.

Salvadora

At least give a reason.

I think he should, if only to keep Ashley Young out of the team above all else.

He's done better than our wingers.

He gives us more than just, run on the wing and hope for a good cross.

Adnan is the same but he won't start games.
A bit like Wilshere, isn't it? (Currently) better player in your position so shunted out wide.

Aye, I suppose anyone would be better than Young. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember him being this shite when he signed.

Messi

Jupp, I got back into the other forum and I've been posting here less and less as I've lost a large chunk of interest in football. work has me in during all weekend games so I don't get to watch anymore. Have very little to contribute to the thread in other regards.

valeo

The saddest thing about the whole situation, even as United tumble into League One and the group stages of... gulp... the Europa League, is that even if we had brought in Mourinho

shinji still wouldn't play

Juan-Mata-Gallery-5-5lg-570x757.jpg

Hey man, I think he played against West Brom <3

--------------------------Szczesny---------------------------------
Sagna-------Mertesacker--Koscielny--------------Gibbs-
-----------------------Arteta----Ramsey-------------------------
Cazorla-------------------Ozil---------------------------Podolski
-----------------------------Giroud----------------------------------

Some difficult choices in some positions:
  • Podolski is good defensively and offers a real threat in the box.
  • Arteta is better on the ball than Flamini.
  • Ramsey is undroppable currently
  • Cazorla is a million miles better than Walcott.
I would bring players like Flamini in for more physical teams, so it could change on the opponent.

Agree with everything except Podolski. Walcott should be out there. He's our only real winger and should strive with Ozil's service once they understand each other a bit better.

Podolski good defensively? 'aving a laugh.

jordisok

when everyone's fit at and at the top of their game, i'd make the following changes:

- ramsey & wilshere double pivot
- podolski would be benched
- cazorla would be playing on the left
- walcott would be playing on the right

now, as shit as walcott is, he still provides this team with width and stretches the pitch. opponents will always be on the look-out as far as counter-attacks are concerned sheerly due to his pace. podolski, not unlike walcott, is mostly invisible, but more importantly: i always get the feeling that he simply doesn't care--i can't count the amount of times he's left gibbs or monreal to their own devices having to cope with more than one direct opponent.

Seriously what the fuck. At least you benched Poldi, worst defensive work in whole team sadly.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I'm not going to pile on Moyes, except to say, he needs to stop sounding like he graduated from the "Roy Hodgson: Liverpool FC Managment Masterclass".

At least he hasn't mentioned a relegation dogfight yet, although that may be the crux of his masters thesis.

Feorax

I'm not going to pile on Moyes, except to say, he needs to stop sounding like he graduated from the "Roy Hodgson: Liverpool FC Managment Masterclass".

At least he hasn't mentioned a relegation dogfight yet, although that may be the crux of his masters thesis.

I think the worst thing I can remember Hodgey saying was that Alder Hay was "possibly the second best childrens hospital in the country".

Whether that's true or not, you don't fucking say that on an official visit as the manager of Liverpool FC you owl-shaped cunt.

Wilbur

Banned

That's what it feels like at the moment, he's coming out with Woy level shit :lol

I'm not jumping the gun, I ain't no part of the Moyes Out brigade. He just needs to wise up. He seems out of his depth but its a real fucking tough job and everyone knows it. He's a smart man. He should start showing it :/

GorillaJu

Walcott isn't shit. He scored loads for you last season and got you a grip of points. At that point it was "never sell Walcott he's amazing!" He still provides width and incisiveness and now it's "he's shit" because he wasted a few chances.

Scum

Serious question: should Shinji be playing?

I don't think so tbh.

Yes, he should.

[FM2013]
He should be an important first team player, but he's been treated like a backup to the squad instead.
[/FM2013]

Moyes should give up on his wingers. 4-3-1-2 or 3-5-2.

Wilbur

Banned
3 at the back would be really interesting for United. Who would go in with Vidic and Rio?

Jones? Evans? Smalling?

Evans is the most ready, although Rio needs to be phased out, and Vidic is hardly getting any younger either.

-----------Rio/Jones - Vidic - Evans
Rafael - Fellaini - Carrick - Clev/New signing - Evra/Fabio
--------------------Kagawa
---------------Rooney - RVP

never going to happen though. Ever. Has Moyes ever played anything other than 4-4-1-1?

bud

walcott i quick. walcott provides width. that's why walcott should start because no else in arsenal's squad seems to have those qualities. but... walcott is still awful. i've seen more than enough of him to reach that conclusion.

walcott's conversion rate is probably 1/5th of suarez's. the major difference, however, is that suarez is going at defenders for ninety minutes whereas walcott's mostly invisible.

walcott

Scum

Evans is the most ready, although Rio needs to be phased out, and Vidic is hardly getting any younger either.

never going to happen though. Ever. Has Moyes ever played anything other than 4-4-1-1?

Wilbur, pls. No cheating.

Arnie

Whilst Ferdinand's indeed 'had it', I think Vidic is about to 'have it', and Evra's long since 'had it'.

United need a new defence. Although I'd love to see the year of the slug continue with Jones and Smalling at central defence.

That's assuming Jones hasn't injured himself in his sleep.

Whilst Ferdinand's indeed 'had it', I think Vidic is about to 'have it', and Evra's long since 'had it'.

United need a new defence. Although I'd love to see the year of the slug continue with Jones and Smalling at central defence.

Well Vidic is getting older, but he's still been good this year. It's Rio that's been fucking everything up so far.

kharma45

That's assuming Jones hasn't injured himself in his sleep.

Vidic is only 31, he's another season or two left in him yet where he can still be very good.

bud

pls lrn hw t cnt

GorillaJu

If you remove Rio then you don't have a type who can be comfortable in possession coming forward, which is a requirement for playing 3 at the back. Vidic is too slow and Evans hasn't shown that kind of quality as of yet.

Or 3-5-3 could do the trick. :lol

jordisok

walcott i quick. walcott provides width. that's why walcott should start because no else in arsenal's squad seems to have those qualities. but... walcott is still awful. i've seen more than enough of him to reach that conclusion.

walcott's conversion rate is probably 1/5th of suarez's. the major difference, however, is that suarez is going at defenders for ninety minutes whereas walcott's mostly invisible.

walcott

Biggest load of shit I've ever read lololol

dat extended BB title theme

Dream ending (real spoilers):

Walter blows up Grey Matter headquarters. Skyler goes down. Walt and Holly live with Marie. Hank and Gomes' bodies are found, proper funeral. Walter, close to death, kills Jack's crew and frees Jesse. Jesse gets the final say, killing Todd. Walter commits suicide by cop. Jesse finds all the money and anonymously donates it all to charity

Bit too happy-ending, but still.

kharma45

If you remove Rio then you don't have a type who can be comfortable in possession coming forward, which is a requirement for playing 3 at the back. Vidic is too slow and Evans hasn't shown that kind of quality as of yet.

I've always rated Evans as a fairly decent passer, he plays less aimless balls forward than Rio does too.

GorillaJu

I've always rated Evans as a fairly decent passer, he plays less aimless balls forward than Rio does too.

You could be right. I think if Evans as a Skrtel type. Good with positioning and cutting the ball out, but always looks to play the ball sideways or to the keeper when in possession.

Man, I loved Kolo when he played for us. Would have him back in an instant. Love love love him.

Just watched The Constant Gardener. Ralph Fiennes is a brilliant actor, Rachel Weisz is HNNNNGH-worthy and it even has the priest from Father Ted who tried to steal the Golden Cleric trophy.

Top, top film.

Elchele

Sorry guys but wingers is where it's at.

Who is playing without wingers nowdays? Milan.
Do you want to be like them?

Pep = Luis Enrique, btw. Both shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom