• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

Who is playing without wingers nowdays?

united.
ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

If you remove Rio then you don't have a type who can be comfortable in possession coming forward, which is a requirement for playing 3 at the back. Vidic is too slow and Evans hasn't shown that kind of quality as of yet.

Or 3-5-3 could do the trick. :lol

Rio is one of the worst hoofballers. Evans is the best United cb at playing from the back. Smalling is also a massive hoofballer.

Feorax

Sorry guys but wingers is where it's at.

Who is playing without wingers nowdays? Milan.
Do you want to be like them?

Pep = Luis Enrique, btw. Both shit

Us, sort of. We're currently playing with "the braindead Spaniard" and "the little engine that has to because Gerrard and Lucas are fucked" on either flank.

Wilbur

Banned
I've been crying over a girl the entire weekend. I don't know what do to anymore GAF.

baby trust me

it gets better

for a large part of the last two months, i've cried every day

the last two weeks? i'm doing okay. if you need to talk, we are all here

just not for the next two hours you fuck i have breaking bad to watch

Wilbur

Banned
I don't want it to get better because it would mean I got over her. I want to fucking be with her ;_;

how can you expect someone to love you when your choice of football teams is so unspeakably bad

seriously though, have you like talked to her about it? is it just from afar you want her or did she reject you or something? if its the first, talk to her. if its the latter, forget about her. easier said than done, i know. i've lived this shit. it's hard as fuck. but... it works out in the end.

Fry

how can you expect someone to love you when your choice of football teams is so unspeakably bad

seriously though, have you like talked to her about it? is it just from afar you want her or did she reject you or something? if its the first, talk to her. if its the latter, forget about her. easier said than done, i know. i've lived this shit. it's hard as fuck. but... it works out in the end.

She doesn't know I love her. We have a very good friendship, but she has a long time boyfriend. I don't want to risk and ruin it so that's why I'm not telling her.

I'm just gonna suffer until she breaks up with him or I do something stupid.

Wilbur

Banned
She doesn't know I love her. She has a long time boyfriend and we have a very good friendship. I don't want to risk and ruin it so that's why I'm not telling her.

I'm just gonna suffer until she breaks up with him or a do something stupid.

ahhhh okay that makes it difficult

just keep at it

shave your pubes every day <3

Elchele

She doesn't know I love her. We have a very good friendship, but she has a long time boyfriend. I don't want to risk and ruin it so that's why I'm not telling her.

I'm just gonna suffer until she breaks up with him or a do something stupid.

It doesn't work as good as in the movies, believe me.
Forget about her, move on to another things or another girl. If she becomes available then give it a shot, but don't stay there waiting. Could be pointless

Elchele

If I could we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I know, but is the most logical solution. You just have to look at it from a more neutral point of view.

If she was available, it would be worth it. But in the current scenario you're just wasting your time. You could easily find some other girl as good or much better in a couple of days... but you're too focused on her to notice the other ones.

The sooner you realize you're getting nothing from waiting on someone who's already in a relationship, the sooner you'll be able to move on to an available and probably better girl.

Fry

I know, but is the most logical solution. You just have to look at it from a more neutral point of view.

If she was available, it would be worth it. But in the current scenario you're just wasting your time. You could easily find some other girl as good or much better in a couple of days... but you're too focused on her to notice the other ones.

The sooner you realize you're getting nothing from waiting on someone who's already in a relationship, the sooner you'll be able to move on to an available and probably better girl.

Thanks for the good advice.
But I'm too stupidly in love with her to follow it.

Wilbur

Banned

Everyone does it. What's happened with me recently, I've had advice from parents, friends, people in the whatsapp groups, and even my brain telling me what to do. And I didn't do any of it because my heart told me not to innit

Now I'm finally listening to people and its alright. It's hard, but its less hard. It gets better with time.

rodvik

Poetry man, poetry. I am serious. Dont run from how you feel. Find a poet and fucking wallow in that shit, or watch some back to back unrequited love movies with sad endings.

If you are feeling sad, go and feel as extra sad as you can. It helps. Just push as deep as you can into it and all of a sudden you will feel better.

Lightning

Banned
Walcott isn't shit. He scored loads for you last season and got you a grip of points. At that point it was "never sell Walcott he's amazing!" He still provides width and incisiveness and now it's "he's shit" because he wasted a few chances.
The Walcott hate from a few fans is driving me crazy. We would be Europa league now had it not been for him and you don't go from being a decent finisher to shit.

Even when not scoring he is contributing. He needs competition to help him push on, he does not need replacing. An Arsenal team needs Theo!

Poetry man, poetry. I am serious. Dont run from how you feel. Find a poet and fucking wallow in that shit, or watch some back to back unrequited love movies with sad endings.

If you are feeling sad, go and feel as extra sad as you can. It helps. Just push as deep as you can into it and all of a sudden you will feel better.

This, pretty much it.

It may sound inane but the sadness will get to its highest point and suddenly disappears.

arkon

Everyone does it. What's happened with me recently, I've had advice from parents, friends, people in the whatsapp groups, and even my brain telling me what to do. And I didn't do any of it because my heart told me not to innit

Now I'm finally listening to people and its alright. It's hard, but its less hard. It gets better with time.

This is what Mosey needs to do.

Wilbur's right.

It will take 2 months, give and take of wanting to tear your heart out. Just keep moving on, as much as you fucking hate it.

It's worst if don't, with or without her to lose the fucking plot and waste your life mourning about it without doing anything. Hell, I'm in that phase right now and I'm doing all I can to just not curl into a foetal position on the floor.

jtb

Banned
The Walcott hate from a few fans is driving me crazy. We would be Europa league now had it not been for him and you don't go from being a decent finisher to shit.

Even when not scoring he is contributing. He needs competition to help him push on, he does not need replacing. An Arsenal team needs Theo!

I agree. I used to be on the Theo hate train, especially when he wouldn't sign that damn contract, but he's a very effective weapon to have available. A limited one, but one that's still pretty important to how we play. For all the criticism of his consistency and final ball, he's still managed to produce pretty solid numbers the past few seasons.

GorillaJu

Fry, Felipe, the Yeezus that pleases, you need to move on.

An old wise man once said, for every piece of beautiful pussy out there, there is a guy who is tired of fucking it.

I'm not sure what that means and I don't think it applies to you, but get over her because you'll just be miserable for ever. There's a miss bum bum out there for you, Fry.

FOR YOU.

Elchele

An old wise man once said, for every piece of beautiful pussy out there, there is a guy who is tired of fucking it.

I'm not sure what that means and I don't think it applies to you, but get over her because you'll just be miserable for ever. There's a miss bum bum out there for you, Fry.

FOR YOU.

10/10

Dibbz

Last season was his best yet. Can he better it this year and prove it wasn't a fluke?

Lightning

Banned
I agree. I used to be on the Theo hate train, especially when he wouldn't sign that damn contract, but he's a very effective weapon to have available. A limited one, but one that's still pretty important to how we play. For all the criticism of his consistency and final ball, he's still managed to produce pretty solid numbers the past few seasons.
His numbers have been consistently better. He really wound me up over the contract because I thought he would leave for free and screw us but he signed. He also hasn't had the chances up front to greatly add to his goals but he scores crucial goals, remember Wigan, QPR and Utd last season where he scored important goals.

Given his goals and assists combined with his ability to get into goal scoring opportunities he will always score lots of goals based on that alone.

I still stand by Giroud needs replacing, he's good but not good enough. We need another one.

Last season was his best yet. Can he better it this year and prove it wasn't a fluke?
Trying to replace someone like Walcott would be harder task than you realise. He provides a lot more than just goals, Theo is excellent at assists too. With Ozil I expect big things from Theo.

valeo

Still remember Theo ripping apart Barca and that run against Liverpool in the Cup.

He's very important to our team, imo - provides us with that outlet. His finishing hasn't been great this season but it was very good last year.

re: Giroud - imo there aren't many strikers were could realistically get that are better than he is. He has a complete game - he's not *great* at anything but he's also not shit at anything either. He's a good fit for a team like ours that creates a hell of a lot of chances. I'd be happy just having an able back-up or two (i.e. Ba)

Plus Giroud is super handsome and seems like a good dude. Would not want Benzema.

Would like a sneaky bid for Lukaku though.

Lightning

Banned
re: Giroud - imo there aren't many strikers were could realistically get that are better than he is. He has a complete game - he's not *great* at anything but he's also not shit at anything either. He's a good fit for a team like ours that creates a hell of a lot of chances. I'd be happy just having an able back-up or two (i.e. Ba)

Plus Giroud is super handsome.

Would like a sneaky bid for Lukaku though.
Benzema would be a lot better for us than Giroud. Benzema would be an awesome signing but there are plenty of others.

jtb

Banned
Getting Lukaku would be harder than getting Suarez. Not that I think either is particularly likely. It'll be interesting to see who we target, as I assume Wenger still sees it as a problem position.

Lightning

Banned
Getting Lukaku would be harder than getting Suarez. Not that I think either is particularly likely. It'll be interesting to see who we target, as I assume Wenger still sees it as a problem position.
Wenger definitely sees it as a problem but the answer lies outside the PL. No PL club will sell their striker to us., not one that's good enough anyway. Forget Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd or City players. No deals can be done there.

Barzul

Wenger definitely sees it as a problem but the answer lies outside the PL. No PL club will sell their striker to us., not one that's good enough anyway. Forget Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd or City players. No deals can be done there.
I think Rooney can happen if he doesn't sign a contract, just like RVP before him. Especially if Moyes does not turn it around. Can it happen in January though? I doubt it.

sohois

Benteke? Surely he'd be a good shout and doable for around £30mil

Benzema would be a lot better for us than Giroud. Benzema would be an awesome signing but there are plenty of others.

Arsenal need someone who is a pure finisher. Benzema is not all that great a finisher. The perfect player for us would be Higua......Oh wait. In that case David Vill....Oh wait.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal need someone who is a pure finisher. Benzema is not all that great a finisher. The perfect player for us would be Higua......Oh wait. In that case David Vill....Oh wait.
David Villa wanted to stay in Spain, been discussed to death. Higuain is a minor upgrade on Giroud and isn't that great a finisher either. Seen him be absolute shit for Madrid too.

I rate Benzema higher than Higuain.

Benteke? Surely he'd be a good shout and doable for around £30mil
Doable yes but worth £30m? Doubt it. I like Benzema more than Benteke.

David Villa wanted to stay in Spain, been discussed to death. Higuain is a minor upgrade on Giroud and isn't that great a finisher either. Seen him be absolute shit for Madrid too.

I rate Benzema higher than Higuain.

Doable yes but worth £30m? Doubt it. I like Benzema more than Benteke.

You crazy??? Higuain had one of the best on target and conversion rates in Europe last season. He gets the job done and is already proving a hit for Napoli. His finishing would be a major upgrade over Giroud and is vastly superior to Benz

As for Villa, Arsenal never opened negotiations for him this summer, rumours were that he was willing last Jan, but the lack of intent by Arsenal and desire of Barca to keep him meant it never happened.

Lightning

Banned
You crazy??? Higuain had one of the best on target and conversion rates in Europe last season. He gets the job done and is already proving a hit for Napoli. His finishing would be a major upgrade over Giroud and is vastly superior to Benz

As for Villa, Arsenal never opened negotiations for him this summer, rumours were that he was willing last Jan, but the lack of intent by Arsenal and desire of Barca to keep him meant it never happened.
Villa was always complicated due to this partner expecting a child. Too simply blame Arsenal based on rumours is folly. He personally done the deal to Atletico. His desire to come to the PL couldn't have been that high and his age cannot be overlooked into the bargin.

Our views on Higuain differ. I would have liked him at Arsenal too but as soon as Suarez link came up I lost interest in Higuain. I think you are overrating him a tad too I do expect him to do well but I feel we need a striker who can do more than just finish like RVP done when he was here.

jtb

Banned
Higuain is shit. Having said that, having Higuain > not having Higuain. But having a world class striker > having Higuain. therefore, having a world class striker > having higuain > the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom