• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Higuain is shit. Having said that, having Higuain > not having Higuain. But having a world class striker > having Higuain. therefore, having a world class striker > having higuain > the status quo.
What are your views on Benzema? If Madrid get Suarez we may be able to snag him.

jtb

Banned
What are your views on Benzema? If Madrid get Suarez we may be able to snag him.

He's an upgrade on Giroud and I rate him higher than Higuain. Plus, he's got the French connection going so maybe Wenger can get the best out of him. I'd definitely take him.

Also, Madrid seem to be pretty reasonable when it comes to selling players. I could see him coming for 25-30m.

Peco

Benzema is a world class striker now and he's better than Higuain?

U4pYSsO.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Higuain is shit. Having said that, having Higuain > not having Higuain. But having a world class striker > having Higuain. therefore, having a world class striker > having higuain > the status quo.

I think only Ibra, Falcao and RVP are better than him as pure 9s.

He made goals for Madrid by the shitload and that was a team purely focused on CR7, in Argentina he kills it and he is playing well with Napoli. Dude makes goals anywhere he plays he is in the top 5 when it comes to best 9s in the world. He is better than Cavani IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
higuain better than cavani

my breathing has stalled
someone
i may need to be resuscitated

fuck i have to be up in less than 4 hours this sucks donkey cum

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It will feel extra good when we beat Napoli with their top 5 in the world (LOL) striker!

why would it feel extra good? just gave my opinion, I think he is definitely top 5 when it comes 9s

I couldn't really care less who wins in that match.

Fry

Arnie, I'm late but I'm here.

iWEUW6fvurcKR.gif

ibs8SGdtlFWXeR.gif

ivGJavoVyZtZx.gif

iW0jzGLCXt86Y.gif

Will try to keep myself away from GAF for a while, I have a shit ton of things to do at college in october, plus I need to set my head straight. Thanks to all of your advices, I might not follow them because I'm a fool, but it might pay off in the end.
But don't worry, I'll be back.

Oh, the ending to Breaking Bad was perfection. I couldn't have asked for a better episode. The last 15 minutes had me in state of grace.

Lightning

Banned
why would it feel extra good? just gave my opinion, I think he is definitely top 5 when it comes 9s

I couldn't really care less who wins in that match.
It will feel extra good to beat them because Higuain plays for them, not because of your rating of him.

I personally think you are incorrect anyway. I rate Gomez, Lewa and Cavani as all better than Higuain.

FootballFan

Fry bro-eezus you should even spoiler tag your thoughts on the episode for now, even though there are no spoilers just saying "it was shit" or "it was amazing" will annoy people.

GHG

Ramsey is better than Higuain.

Giroud is a striker that complements our current system well. He can hold it up, has decent vision to bring others into play & assist and he can also finish well. His defensive workrate has also gone up a notch this year. His all round game is good enough that he makes us better this year whereas last year he struggled quite a bit because he was adapting.

I'm not convinced Higuain would have been the right buy for us as he is average/shit at everything other than finishing. Ironically Liverpool have 2 strikers in Suarez and Sturridge who would both suit our lone striker role well. Rooney, RVP and based on current form, Diego Costa would also suit.

The pure poacher/finisher type strikers out there would require us to change our current system somewhat and purchase direct wingers. That isn't going to happen now that we have Ozil.

bjaelke

Chelsea's Torres facing four-match ban over 'gouging' attack on Jan Vertonghen
Striker already suspended for one match for unrelated red card poised to be the first victim of the FA's new video panel

Chelsea's fury over Fernando Torres' White Hart Lane red card is set to explode when they learn the striker is facing a FOUR match ban.

Blues manager Jose Mourinho accused Tottenham's Jan Vertonghen of conning ref Mike Dean by staying down and implying he had been elbowed by Torres in an aerial challenge that saw Dean show the Spaniard his second yellow card.

But Torres is now poised to fall foul of FA beaks over his initial spat with Vertonghen during Saturday's 1-1 draw, in which he appeared to scratch and scrape at the defender's face.

Despite the video evidence showing there was no contact with the Belgian's face in the incident that sparked his dismissal, Torres has no right of appeal under FA rules.

However, he now faces a further disciplinary charge and becoming the first player judged by the Premier League and FA's new video panel of former referees over the first flashpoint.

Wembley chiefs will contact Dean on Monday to ask him to explain Torres' first yellow card.

The whsitler is understood to be ready to report that he booked Torres for a trip on Vertonghen, and not for the altercation which followed, which he will insist he did not see.

If that is so, the FA will refer the incident to the video panel, and if all three ex-referees agree that it represented violent conduct, Torres will receive an automatic extra three games.

That would rule him out of the west Londoners' league meetings with Cardiff and Manchester City and the Capital One Cup trip to Arsenal, in addition to next week's game at Norwich.

Mourinho backed Dean after Saturday's game, insisting he had made an "honest" mistake and that Vertonghen was the "guilty" party.

The Special One boss said: "The referee trusted the player. When he saw him pretending there had been a violent action he took a normal decision. It was a bad one but the player didn't help the referee."

But Chelsea will doubtless feel victimised if Torres suffers from football's version of double jeopardy, and Mourinho's view of the official is unlikely to be as supportive.

Lightning

Banned
You mean you rather he be banned for the game against us...? I'd rather he plays to be honest.
In that second half against Spurs he looked dangerous. Doubt Mou will play Eto'o in the league cup against us so that just leaves Ba.

I don't care much for the Capital One cup but I hate losing to Chelsea in any fixture so I want us to win. Even send out Ozil to ensure we win will be okay with me against Chelsea.

In that second half against Spurs he looked dangerous. Doubt Mou will play Eto'o in the league cup against us so that just leaves Ba.

I don't care much for the Capital One cup but I hate losing to Chelsea in any fixture so I want us to win. Even send out Ozil to ensure we win will be okay with me against Chelsea.

Well of course Arsenal and its fans don't care about trophies they actually have a chance of winning.

Well of course Arsenal and its fans don't care about trophies they actually have a chance of winning.

They've sunk so deep into their ocean of dreams, they're all now talking like they've won the league and how they can improve their team of world class players to win the CL.

All they did was get Ozil and win Spurs 1-0 at home.

Reading their posts is the first time I've indulged myself in insanity.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh and @Hitcher and Fry

Shouldn't
"too happy ending/state of grace"
be inside your spoiler tags you fucking cunts. Now we all know what to expect basically.

Don't post about BB here. If you watched it live/streamed it there's a thread for your opinion in the OT.

Lightning

Banned
They've sunk so deep into their ocean of dreams, they're all now talking like they've won the league and how they can improve their team of world class players to win the CL.

All they did was get Ozil and win Spurs 1-0 at home.

Reading their posts is the first time I've indulged myself in insanity.
You are indulging yourself into reading something that isn't anywhere other than your head. I don't think we can win the league and the players being mentioned are the ones required so we can try to win it. No one mentioned anything about CL, go check your hubby Moyes for those comments You need more WC players to compete in Europe according to Moyes!

You are indulging yourself into reading something that isn't anywhere other than your head. I don't think we can win the league and the players being mentioned are the ones required so we can try to win it. No one mentioned anything about CL, go check your hubby Moyes for those comments You need more WC players to compete in Europe according to Moyes!

Ugh. Leave me and my hubby Moyes alone. I'm messing with you because I am so annoyed, how do you think it feels seeing your club top of the league? It's horrible.

I am so sad Lightning

ipOPN9MFcYRmM.gif

Please tell me this weekend was just a shitty football related nightmare?

The Sun running with

"David Moyes ignored Sir Alex Ferguson's plea to keep his trusted backroom staff at Manchester United."

9am lectures can fuck off. Tomorrow's my only day off them this week.

Messi can also fuck off, being injured for one of the two games I care about barca playing well in.

Feorax

Please tell me this weekend was just a shitty football related nightmare?

The Sun running with

"David Moyes ignored Sir Alex Ferguson's plea to keep his trusted backroom staff at Manchester United."

Not that I'd trust anything that shitrag writes, but it does raise the point that even if United have to do the whole "break glass in case of energency" thing and has Ferguson come back for the duration of this season, the job is made 100 times more difficult when all of the backroom staff are gone.

Lightning

Banned
Not sure why, but I'm really excited for Arsenal - Napoli tomorrow. Hope it's a great match.
So am I. We win and we not only go a long way to qualifying but finishing top of the group which is very important. Napoli away is the last game of the group so we need all our points before that match.

I'm so hyped for it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Montella-Mazzarri is my new favourite rap feud. :lol

Montella "I know him (Mazzarri) well, he greats his opponent before a match but finds it very hard to do so afterwards"

Mazzarri “Montella was wrong, then he just kept on going as well... Nobody talked about Fiorentina. I’d have more to say to Montella too, but I’m not going to do it here.”

Not that I'd trust anything that shitrag writes, but it does raise the point that even if United have to do the whole "break glass in case of energency" thing and has Ferguson come back for the duration of this season, the job is made 100 times more difficult when all of the backroom staff are gone.

The implications of bringing Ferguson back is much worse than letting Moyes finish this year at the very least. If it's only bad results I am okay with him at least finishing half of his contract, if he starts doing a Roy Hodgson selling off good players and bringing in more people from outside then it will be time to take a hard look at him.

Until then, give the man more time I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom