• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

BVejHkAIYAEMISP.jpg:large

Jack cw

Looking really forward to that game tomorrow. City should be in better shape than Audi Cup and Bayern will be motivated as hell. Expecting a high class match :O

Zabojnik

Alright, Fifa 14 and PES 2014, PC versions. What is the cheapest / fastest way to obtain them, legally or semi-legally, like buying just a legit PES registration code? Digital / downloadable versions, preferably. Fuck discs.

Talk to me, bros.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOL Aurelio De Laurentiis is so funny
Finally, De Laurentiis was asked about the legendary incident in which he stormed out of the Serie A fixture list ceremony and hailed a passing man on a moped to escape the media.

laurentiis.jpg

“I saw this poor man with a moped and jumped on the back. He said ‘Who are you?’ ‘President of Napoli.’ ‘Napoli who?’ ‘The Team.’ ‘I don’t know anything about soccer!’ ‘Ok, just go, go, go!’”

On Higuain-Arsneal

“Higuain it was very fast, as we were negotiating with a Brazilian guy (Damiao, ndr). Now all the image rights have to belong to me and anyone who doesn’t won’t work with me. We had a lot of trouble with this Brazilian guy,” explained De Laurentiis.

“We were in the mountains with the team and I asked my people, should we call Real Madrid? In 10 minutes it was done for €38m plus add-ons. Now call Higuain’s father and brother, who are his agents. The day after we went to Venice for eight hours closed in a room and did a deal. It was easy. I didn’t know Arsenal wanted him, as nobody told me. I’m sorry, Arsenal!”

On Cavani-City

“Manchester City visited me in Rome, but they just offered around €35m, so I didn’t accept. If I was to say ciao to Cavani, then I needed the money to buy another champion.”

On Rafa
“Rafa is a very nice man, he is always smiling, relaxed, so I enjoy seeing him. I hope it will be a very long relationship.

Alright, Fifa 14 and PES 2014, PC versions. What is the cheapest / fastest way to obtain them, legally or semi-legally, like buying just a legit PES registration code? Digital / downloadable versions, preferably. Fuck discs.

Talk to me, bros.

The only place to get digital PES is at - http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2014-4018-34.html

Most people in the GAF FIFA club got it from - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMSCWGS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Linius

I'm so tempted to buy the money barrel edition for Breaking Bad but it's 140 euros. It's a lot of money for a blu-ray set.

bud

Lol, right after the GTA Online launch MS comes up with a free weekend of XBL. Smart :p

have you finished the sp portion?

i'm just curious how far along i am:
the most recent mission i finished is the one where i had to scare the actor in a helicopter.

Hamsik is such a beast, I think he would be the perfect player for Milan. They really fucked up in not getting the deal done a few years back.

Imagine Hamsik behind Shaz and Balotelli.

If they also managed to get Baresi and Maldini to come back and replace those two useless defenders, they could stand a chance of making the CL.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can't wait for Chelsea to lose/draw today.

Not going to happen, Bucharest sold us their best defender this summer. He was excellent against Chelsea in the Europa last year, I doubt they will be able to stop Mata without him.

Probable line-up: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Birsa, Robinho; Balotelli.

It's good to see Monto back, we really missed him in the past month.
Hamsik is such a beast, I think he would be the perfect player for Milan. They really fucked up in not getting the deal done a few years back.

Imagine Hamsik behind Shaz and Balotelli.

If they also managed to get Baresi and Maldini to come back and replace those two useless defenders, they could stand a chance of making the CL.
We got Aquilani AND Nocerino instead of Hamsik that year.

Yeah.
they love that saying over there. Milan are always talking about bringing in champions, but instead they sign uesless turds and washed up old legends.
Kakà aside, we haven't signed old legends in years. And we usually buy useless turds when we have to replace an injured player.

Linius

have you finished the sp portion?

i'm just curious how far along i am:
the most recent mission i finished is the one where i had to scare the actor in a helicopter.

My guess you're at 37/69 missions, may be one or two off since you don't have to follow the same order of missions between heists. You should make an account at Rockstar Social Club, there you can see your progression in details. Or in your game under stats.

But you're just over half the game. I need to do the last six missions still.

bud

My guess you're at 37/69 missions, may be one or two off since you don't have to follow the same order of missions between heists. You should make an account at Rockstar Social Club, there you can see your progression in details. Or in your game under stats.

But you're just over half the game. I need to do the last six missions still.

cool, thanks.

spidye

Nothing much. Girlfriend still has to lay in hospital to avoid a preterm birth. But both are fine so far.

@topic
BILD suspects that Löw has something against Dortmund because he criticizes Dortmund players more often (Hummels for example) and favors Bayern cause he talks pretty much with Pep about tactics...

good luck to all of you

------------------
lol at watzke

that guy is surely something else. I couldn't care less for the feud between dortmund and DFB/Löw but it sure is hilarious for a guy in his position to whine that much

Probable line-up: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Birsa, Robinho; Balotelli.

We got Aquilani AND Nocerino instead of Hamsik that year.

Yeah.

Kakà aside, we haven't signed old legends in years. And we usually buy useless turds when we have to replace an injured player.

Nocerino had a great year when you got him, Still the two of them can not compare to Hamsik.

I am glad Milan havent bought too many old players in recent years.

I hope you smash Ajax, need to get that efficiency up.

Holy shit, if Allegri benches Poli for Muntari after the last few games . . . that would be such an Allegri move.

Nocerino had a great year when you got him, Still the two of them can not compare to Hamsik.

I am glad Milan havent bought too many old players in recent years.

I hope you smash Ajax, need to get that efficiency up.
Of course not, I was just saying that the year after our last Scudetto we were able to just buy Noce and Aquilani (on a loan, actually), when during the entire summer there were talkings about Hamsik. Raiola eventually confirmed that Hamsik was the player Milan was after, and even Marek said something about it in June that year.

If only we managed to grab him... Boa-Hamsik and Ibra. That could've been glorious. I've always liked Hamsik, I still remember when he played against us in Coppa Italia when he was at Brescia, he was amazing. Too bad it'll never happen.
Holy shit, if Allegri benches Poli for Muntari after the last few games . . . that would be such an Allegri move.
He'll keep him for Juve. Or something. But yeah, it's a dumb move, we have to win today, not sure if Muntari could help, seeing how much our player will have to run maybe having a younger player on the pitch could be much better.

Jack cw

good luck to all of you

------------------
lol at watzke

that guy is surely something else. I couldn't care less for the feud between dortmund and DFB/Löw but it sure is hilarious for a guy in his position to whine that much

I dont know what Watzke wants but he has to realize that Dortmund has still a way to go to be considered a top European club with the standing of Madrid, Arsenal or Bayern. And players like Schmelzer and Hummels have indeed problems in the national team, because Löw plays Bayern tactics and everytime Dortmund players get their chance to play they often fail.

But this is something Dortmund and especially Watzke/Zorc brought upon themselves. They still want to make the people believe that they are the small german team that fights against this supriority of Bayern and the rest of Europe... Result is that their standing is considered tier 2 club.

faridmon

Wow a nervy end to the match last night. We just can't keep a clean sheet. Worried about martinez lack of urgency with the defence. The same problem he had with wigan.

Man city next? Well there goes the unbeaten record... :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey Jack, I hope your girl is alright mate <3

and I sure hope it's your fucking baby.
Tacchinardi (former Juve legend): "I would like Arsenal to win the Premier League"

"Real Madrid's game doesn't have an identity. Bale can't play on the right, I'd take out Benzema and play CR7 upfront with Bale on the left"

<3 Alessio. He's our Gary Neville when it comes to punditry.

Nah, Gianluca Vialli can be quite thick sometimes. :lol

Jack cw

Hey Jack, I hope your girl is alright mate <3

and I sure hope it's your fucking baby.

Thanks man!
Both are fine so far. Its our second (and hopefully last) child. But this pregancy was pure horror from the begining... bleedings, infections, etc. but it will soon come to and and the baby is pretty fit right now.

Batigol

Banned

I dont know what Watzke wants but he has to realize that Dortmund has still a way to go to be considered a top European club with the standing of Madrid, Arsenal or Bayern. And players like Schmelzer and Hummels have indeed problems in the national team, because Löw plays Bayern tactics and everytime Dortmund players get their chance to play they often fail.

But this is something Dortmund and especially Watzke/Zorc brought upon themselves. They still want to make the people believe that they are the small german team that fights against this supriority of Bayern and the rest of Europe... Result is that their standing is considered tier 2 club.

It can't be the Dortmund players' fault though that they don't play Bayern's tactics though can it?

sohois

I can't imagine there's a big enough difference between the tactics of Dortmund and Bayern for it to make a difference, especially for players like Hummels whose central defence role is never going to vary that much.

I mean, it's hardly like one team is Stoke and the other Barca, they both play attacking football and don't both teams play with 4-2-3-1 formations?

pappe

Wow a nervy end to the match last night. We just can't keep a clean sheet. Worried about martinez lack of urgency with the defence. The same problem he had with wigan.

Man city next? Well there goes the unbeaten record... :/

Have faith in Lukaku. He will demolish Kompany's Company.

LTWheels

Messed around with gta online for about 40mins. Not too impressed tbh.

It runs really poorly. Worse framerate than single player, a lot of pop in, graphical downgrade. The character creator was terrible. The first mission essentially amounted to an instanced race against other player. Might as well just selected race from a multiplayer menu.

It feels like the consoles are struggling to run this.

Mastadon

Banned
Messed around with gta online for about 40mins. Not too impressed tbh.

It runs really poorly. Worse framerate than single player, a lot of pop in, graphical downgrade. The character creator was terrible. The first mission essentially amounted to an instanced race against other player. Might as well just selected race from a multiplayer menu.

It feels like the consoles are struggling to run this.

Eh disappointing, but not too surprising. Looking forward to giving it a go later still.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh my. Watching Neville and Carragher's analysis of Newcastle's defence. Mbiwa gets slaughtered.

You got a link? I'll watch it on my break later.

Tried GTA online for two minutes, character creation confused the fuck out of me :lol. Will have to give it a proper go when I'm back tomorrow night.

Clegg

You got a link? I'll watch it on my break later.

Tried GTA online for two minutes, character creation confused the fuck out of me :lol. Will have to give it a proper go when I'm back tomorrow night.
I watched it on Sky Sports News. Carragher's voice gets all shrill and keeps saying "what's he doing, what's he doing"?

Jack cw

It can't be the Dortmund players' fault though that they don't play Bayern's tactics though can it?

Its not their fault. Of course not, they used to play another tactics in their own club. Bayern always had a big lobby inside the national team and as its manager you dont want this lobby against you. Its Löws fault, that he is not able to fit the Dortmund players into his mix of van Gaal/Heynckes/Pep system. He makes it easy and criticizes the Dortmund players. Hummels performance espcially against Paraguy was indeed bad, but at normal form he is as good as Boateng or Badstuber. I am glad that we have some great players from Dortmund but my problem is not the players but Dortmunds lead using this matter again to show how aggrieved the club is, when in reality the are not. Some players like Gündogan and Bender suffer from competition. Kroos, Khedira, Schweinsteiger and Özil are seeded players in the national team and thats something Watzke has to accept.

My biggest problem is Löw though, because he switches tactics like underwear and tries to fit players into tactics which has gone terribly bad in the last Euro...

Wilbur

Banned
I watched it on Sky Sports News. Carragher's voice gets all shrill and keeps saying "what's he doing, what's he doing"?

So like every other piece of analysis Carragher does

Did you read the Gary Lineker interview in the Guardian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom