• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only heartless people and the liverpool crowd will not hope for Arsenal to beat the waiter. Cunt team, cunt manager and a cunt fan base that even got quite a few bandwagoners, dortmund style.

So we're all in agreement. Fuck the waiter.

irA7AmiWfdlGT.gif

dc89

Pep is totally kissing City's ass. He knows Txiki and Soriano want him one day, and he wants them too.

Pep: City are one of the bigges clubs in Europe.

Pep: When they qualify for the finals they will be one of the toughest teams around, like Dortmund, I have this feeling about City.

LegoArmo

Celtic Football Club ‏@celticfc 27s

#Celtic: Forster; Lustig, Ambrose, Van Dijk, Izaguirre; Matthews, Brown, Mulgrew, Samaras; Commons; Stokes

Pretty good line up.

Ferdinand, Zaha, Fabio and Anderson have been left out of United's Champions League squad for tomorrow's game.

Zaha and Fabio played for the reserves yesterday so they were always going to be left out. Rio and Anderson played like shit so it's good that they are punished for those performances.

Salvadora

Kharma, if I was looking to buy a reasonably powerful gaming pc in the near future (one that could handle next gen games), what sort of price would that be d'ya know?

I've had a gander in the 'building a pc' thread but it is very American-centric.

kharma45

Kharma, if I was looking to buy a reasonably powerful gaming pc in the near future (one that could handle next gen games), what sort of price would that be d'ya know?

I've had a gander in the 'building a pc' thread but it is very American-centric.

Around £670 or so sans Windows. That'd get you a 4670K, a good motherboard, decent case, solid 550w PSU, 1TB HDD and a GTX 670 for your GPU.

It all depends what you can spend, what you deem to be acceptable IQ and frame rates and more beyond that too like having an SSD and the ability to OC your CPU.

You're truly the Irish Fry.

It was fairly boring for most of it.

Also, GTA IV > GTA V

Salvadora

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal
#Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Gnabry, Bendtner #AFCvNAP

Arsenal FC ‏@
#Arsenal team to play Napoli: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Giroud #AFCvNAP

It's happening!
Around £670 or so sans Windows. That'd get you a 4670K, a good motherboard, decent case, solid 550w PSU, 1TB HDD and a GTX 670 for your GPU.

It all depends what you can spend, what you deem to be acceptable IQ and frame rates and more beyond that too like having an SSD and the ability to OC your CPU.
Thanks mate! That sounds reasonable :p think I'll choose that over a PS4.

kharma45

Thanks mate! That sounds reasonable :p think I'll choose that over a PS4.

That also includes Batman: Arkham Origins and whatever the name of the new Splinter Cell is for free as well if that helps soften the blow a bit. I'd budget around £700 if you were wanting to do a build as that'd give you room to get a decent cooler to overclock your CPU. Prices chop and change too, and delivery to Northern Ireland can be a rip from most etailers so I'd need to spend a bit more time researching for you but if you can give me a budget I could go from there. This is roughly what I was looking at for you

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£105.96 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£52.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.79 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (£209.60 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£38.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£48.96 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £672.94
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-01 19:01 BST+0100)

If emulating PS2 and Wii games is important you can swap the 3570K for a 4670K.

TLOU is the best game on the PS3.

I can't see it even being that memorable 4 or 5 years from now. It's fairly forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom