• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

That second save holy shit.

Fraser Forster should be in the England squad, he's better than the rest of our back up keepers.

You fucking cheats! 1st goal from a non existent faul and completly offside on the second one. Fucking Spain - Portugal all over again.

injustica.gif

*goes back to GTA*

Suen

Atletico Stoke have scored 4 out of their 5 goals in the CL off set pieces.
Sorry bro, Atletico is good this year, even better than last year. The league may be a two-team league but you have a good team here.

:loooooooooooool Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

L1NETT

Yeah forster should be given a shot, Hart shouldn't feel comfortable in the no 1 jersey especially with the form he has been in recently. Ruddy deserves a shout too.

---

Big win for Chelsea, even if it against Stout Bustychest.

Sorry bro, Atletico is good this year, even better than last year. The league may be a two-team league but you have a good team here.

:loooooooooooool Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Lol I wanted Atletico to win here. Now if we can take 4 points from the two games against Porto then we're good to go.

Suen

As predicted, Porto and Zenit will be fighting for 2nd.

No? He has literally been our best player* this season. And I mean that, guenilenly.

*Messi doesn't count.
Flopmar is shit. Dictator Messi will retain his position as the king of kings in Barcelona.

Salvadora

Sensational win by Arsenal. A couple of points:
  • Giroud's hold-up play is reminiscent of Drogba. It is really that good.
  • Ozil is showing all those who described him as a 'luxury' signing look like fools.
  • We could have easily scored at least two more.
  • As impressive as the first half was, the second was right up there. This is a team who can see out games. Title winners do that.
  • Ramsey
_70221412_26bf2b3a-96b9-4b4c-baa6-de8fe3b4ac44.jpg

This is how the group stands. Get ready Dortmund.

Barzul

Sensational win by Arsenal. A couple of points:
  • Giroud's hold-up play is reminiscent of Drogba. It is really that good.
  • Ozil is showing all those who described him as a 'luxury' signing look like fools.
  • We could have easily scored at least two more.
  • As impressive as the first half was, the second was right up there. This is a team who can see out games. Title winners do that.
  • Ramsey
This is with Podolski, Carzola, Walcott & Oxlade-Chamberlain missing. I think we can do it this year, Flamini is a lot better than I thought he'd be. Ramsey is playing like a 30 million pound player. Giroud has finally gotten over the pressure of replacing RVP. Özil, what can I say.

Salvadora

This is with Podolski, Carzola, Walcott & Oxlade-Chamberlain missing. I think we can do it this year, Flamini is a lot better than I thought he'd be. Ramsey is playing like a 30 million pound player. Giroud has finally gotten over the pressure of replacing RVP. Özil, what can I say.
This is a squad of mates:
BVhQf_OIIAIo4W7.jpg:large

I just love the atmosphere around the team. That is what we've been lacking for a number of years.

Arsenal played greatly, we had no chance. And everything went wrong tonight.

Aniway, we are waiting you in Napoli, it won't be the same thing :)

Thinking of going to watch the match at the San Paolo

Meier

It's back! Finally.

It wasn't the same being unable to follow along on GAF since I can't watch the games either. Poor Linius, he must have been so excited when it looked like Ajax had won.

Suen

Salvadora, put this guy on the Napoli list.

edit: Milan penalty was bull but some Ajax player used his arm to controll the ball earlier which should have been a pen.

Meier

Also, fuck off Neymar. Should have added Lewandowski instead.. took a -2 hit due to the Messi injury and got jack shit from it.

The late Atletico goal really sucked.. Mangala and Alex Sandro on my team. Didn't want to take another -2 by selling Thiago Silva but maybe I should have. :(

Salvadora

Well played at any rate! I'm expecting an incredibly tough match when we go to your place, and looking forward to our reunion with Higuain :p

I've added you to the OP!

Messi

I am sorry to the Arsenal fans that I didn't believe you guys would beat Napoli. Ozil has really changed the mentality of Arsenal. Its great to see.

Also who was telling me Porto would beat Atletico easily at home?

First half was some of the best football I have seen us play in years. Quick, incisive passing, beautiful build-ups and clinical finishing. Ozil has really added that to our game, what a finish from him. I believe he has allowed everyone to step up a bit in quality.

Second half was composed and controlled, but the third goal was always there to score!

Very excited about this Arsenal team, and with the returnees coming back soon, we could be a force to reckon.

arkon

I am sorry to the Arsenal fans that I didn't believe you guys would beat Napoli. Ozil has really changed the mentality of Arsenal. Its great to see.

Also who was telling me Porto would beat Atletico easily at home?

From the sounds of it Atletico had huge slices of luck in their victory.

We had a shitty first half and a decent second half. The penalty was a gift from the ref, but his direction was all over the place. Poulsen somehow got out of the pitch without a yellow card, there was at least another penalty for us, and so on.

Whatever, 1-1 and let's get ready to lose two games in a row in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom