• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Some more news from my friend

@Craig_Hart: Just saw Zaha again, driving through Croydon in a white Lambo

On his way to fuck Moyes jr no doubt

Salvadora

tumblr_mu1ngb4CNF1sqjlzlo1_500.gif

Ozil, Ramsey and Giroud.

The triumvirate. The trifecta.

Manager

2nd half of Manchester City U19 - Bayern Munich U19 just started, it's shown on Eurosport and similar (Sky streaming in UK). 3-0 to City, Marcos Lopes 2 goals (also scored 2 goals on Plzen). He was the 17 y/o who started against Wigan last week.

subtles

A week on Saturday....
PokeBros, are you ready?

Tonight is more like it.

The Arsenal cycle hasn't been applicable for years, bar the slip-ups around February.

I would be happy for you, Zabo. Just sayin'.

It really has been.

He slots into the side and my heart so well.

Enjoy, it's not every day such a brilliant player signs for a club. After losing so many players you guys really deserved this.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't believe you guys are playing and enjoying the online game. I got as far as Lamar trying to fuck my character before my system locked up. And that's after two failed attempts to download the patch which also froze my system.

Meier

2nd half of Manchester City U19 - Bayern Munich U19 just started, it's shown on Eurosport and similar (Sky streaming in UK). 3-0 to City, Marcos Lopes 2 goals (also scored 2 goals on Plzen). He was the 17 y/o who started against Wigan last week.

Nice! I read a really good piece on Marcos the other day about how hard he trains and the steps he is taking to get to the top. Apparently just constantly at it, hours and hours after everyone else has stopped. I hope we tie him up for a very long time.

Rony > Denis Suarez!

Hixx

I can't believe you guys are playing and enjoying the online game. I got as far as Lamar trying to fuck my character before my system locked up. And that's after two failed attempts to download the patch which also froze my system.

My character has been deleted.

I ain't enjoying losing 3 hours of play.

rvy

Banned
Italy-GAF, pls explain what was the whole business about Totti going up the Curva Sud during a Roma v Napoli game and standing there looking at them for like 5 minutes.

Into

I certainly hope we do not boil anyone, lets just win a 90 min football game.

Conte wants the Juventus Stadium to be a cauldron to defeat Drogba and Melo and:

Mancini: “I am not a wizard”

Salvadora

I raise you Arteta Wilshere Cazorla

cazorla1.gif
I was incredibly impressed with how well Arteta and Flamini combined in midfield.

Arteta has that Spanish class, allowing us to transition defence into attack in mere seconds, and Flamini has that dogged fight in him, always willing to put his body on the line for the team.

Forget Wilshere, Cazorla might have a problem getting into this team as Rosicky on his return from injury was brilliant.

Linius

Guys, some dude I know who knows shit about football is putting his money on Man City for tonight. He usual loses as you would expect so I think it's safe to say Bayern got this :p

Chipotle

I'm ill so have no idea what's going on. Am I right in thinking that nobody's showing the United game tonight or have I missed something?

And it looks like GTA online might be starting to work? Anyone on PS3, my usernames aubergenius if anyone wants to play

Wilbur

Banned
I'm ill so have no idea what's going on. Am I right in thinking that nobody's showing the United game tonight or have I missed something?

And it looks like GTA online might be starting to work? Anyone on PS3, my usernames aubergenius if anyone wants to play

I'm not watching it myself, at work, but it'll be on match choice if its on Sky won't it?

bud

the team is really improving. the second half wasn't great, but it look defensively solid.

the first half was their best performance of the season so far. i genuinely enjoyed watching that.

flamini's doing really well. his football is improving, but he also behaves like a captain because he's always communicating. this team was always too quiet, so he's definitely a great addition to the squad. i've always hoped that if he'd reach the level he was at in his last season at arsenal, he'd be tremendous. not saying he'll get there, but i think he could get close.

Lightning

Banned
I was incredibly impressed with how well Arteta and Flamini combined in midfield.

Arteta has that Spanish class, allowing us to transition defence into attack in mere seconds, and Flamini has that dogged fight in him, always willing to put his body on the line for the team.

Forget Wilshere, Cazorla might have a problem getting into this team as Rosicky on his return from injury was brilliant.
Rosicky was not brilliant, imo. He looked off the pace, sluggish, and played like he needed match fitness. He done a job but Cazorla would be the better person to start, not this weekend though. Don't want Cazorla to get called for international duty.

Elchele

Bayern youth looks a bit shit, City aren't even a top-half team on the UK youth table.

All the good U19 players are already playing in Bayern II, only the average players and younger players are playing in the U19. Markoutz is the only talented one in the U19, and that's because he got downgraded (from Bayern II) because of an injury.

edit: wow, Scholl's son is playing today with the U19. He's 17 yo

Salvadora

Rosicky was not brilliant, imo. He looked off the pace, sluggish, and played like he needed match fitness. He done a job but Cazorla would be the better person to start, not this weekend though. Don't want Cazorla to get called for international duty.
I thought that besides that horrific miss (by the way, just how good was Giroud!), he was really good, especially being thrown into the deep end like he was. A better choice than Wilshere, definitely.

I feel like more of our players should be picking up 'knocks' so they miss out on internationals. All the other big teams do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom