• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, I'm going to take a break from this thread here. I've thought about it some weeks ago but I like you all quite too much to do so. However, recently I thought more and more about it. I love discussing football and love to read about other leagues besides the Bundesliga. I love a good amount of banter, that's a part of football. I also love the after night stuff. But when there are some guys that just shit on your club without a reason and discussions aren't possible because you'll get "arguments" in the like of "but but but ..." as answer even if you don't talk to them, you just wonder if that's worth your time. I hate to say it but no, I don't think so. So have fun and call me when Andres is back, can't miss out on that crazy donkeyfucker :D

If it's any kind of support, nobody likes the guy that is annoying you either.

Oh, FFS. My post is not directed to Milch, it's to Totti's birthday.

You fucking kip.

Blablurn

fifa is such an ass.

bayern vs. dortmund, online 1 vs 1.

i score in thr 43rd minute, 1:0, the other guy scores with his only chance in the 45minute. i was so pissed during half time.

then. 90th minute, he counter attacks me with mhikatrian. 1:2 :///

but i scored in the 93rd minute with thiago, 2:2, i let every replay play till the last second. so good.

rvy

Banned
You fucking kip.

tumblr_mkd06455cr1rr7t27o2_250.gif

Jack cw

So guys, I'm going to take a break from this thread here. I've thought about it some weeks ago but I like you all quite too much to do so. However, recently I thought more and more about it. I love discussing football and love to read about other leagues besides the Bundesliga. I love a good amount of banter, that's a part of football. I also love the after night stuff. But when there are some guys that just shit on your club without a reason and discussions aren't possible because you'll get "arguments" in the like of "but but but ..." as answer even if you don't talk to them, you just wonder if that's worth your time. I hate to say it but no, I don't think so. So have fun and call me when Andres is back, can't miss out on that crazy donkeyfucker :D

Dont let this get personal, dude. Its a fucking games forum and its all about some sport talk in here with some bitchy posts. Nothing in here needs to be taken so serious. If this is to much to handle for you thats fine but stop whining about your situation and blaming others, especially Bayern supporters for leaving now... You are free to put anyone on your ignore list, that doesnt agree with your opinion. Instead of crying for some sympathy you could act with some class and be above those things...

Anyway have fun with whatever you do :)

TheLucifer said:
Totti has always been pretty much awesome with Roma. Too bad he wasn't the same with Italy, penalty vs Australia in 2006 aside. That look, goddamn.

People say he was not the same with the national team, but I have always disagreed with this. He played as the typical number 10 when with Italy and was a creator rather than a goal scoring machine. he always helped get the job done in qualification.

his 4 tournaments that he went to were:

Euro 200: He was arguably the best player of the tournament and would have won that award had we won it. He was man of the match in the final and ran the show. He created every great chance we had and if it was not for Del Piero and the others not being able to hit empty goal we would have won 3 or 4-0. He also delivered the moment of the tournament with his penalty against Van Der Sar.

WC 2002: he was having a good tournament before that cunt ref sent him off for an obvious penalty but deemed it acting.

Euro2004: Shame on him

WC 2006: He should not have even been walking, let alone playing at the world cup. he had a horrific injury a few months earlier and people were worried if he would play again. Just for making it to the world cup and risk in his career makes him a legend. He was one of our star players, that penalty and I believe our top assist man.

Some of his moments for la nazionale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDx8YJA6bI

edit: i think this might be my favourite Totti video on the internet and I have watched them all. Nothing gets me like Totti and Italian pride.

I think he is still Italy's most devastating attacking force, says a lot about the current crop, and hope he comes our of retirement for the WC

Jack cw

It starts with B and ends with lablurn
Names doesnt matter, I couldnt care less who he's annoyed with. He is responsible for what he posts and shouldnt be afraid of the reactions. This guy takes himself way to serious and acts like all of the replies are hostile. Whatever, this is one of the classic cases of what goes around comes around...

Wenger better sign and stay. It's really not in Arsenal's best interests to part with Wenger. Find it funny that Arsenal set John Cross up with an interview with our owner yet transfer info from Cross is 99% of the time a load of shit with majority of reliable Arsenal news coming from David Ornstein from BBC. He was the only one to not talk bullshit over the transfer window.

true, John cross annoys the shit out of me.

Serious question time.

If Wenger resigns and stays for say another two seasons after this(or say five years if he then stays on again), where do you see the club as opposed to getting another manager????

spidye

well that escalated quickly

come on milch. just ignore the posts that bother you. If I took the inflammatory posts of footy gaf seriously I would have left this place too. remember the one time someone made a thread with a bayern title?

all I'm saying is don't leave.

Milch, stay. You'll have to use the ignore list a bit more, but it's not worth leaving a thread that you like because of a bunch of cunts.
People say he was not the same with the national team, but I have always disagreed with this. He played as the typical number 10 when with Italy and was a creator rather than a goal scoring machine. he always helped get the job done in qualification.

his 4 tournaments that he went to were:

Euro 200: He was arguably the best player of the tournament and would have won that award had we won it. He was man of the match in the final and ran the show. He created every great chance we had and if it was not for Del Piero and the others not being able to hit empty goal we would have won 3 or 4-0. He also delivered the moment of the tournament with his penalty against Van Der Sar.

WC 2002: he was having a good tournament before that cunt ref sent him off for an obvious penalty but deemed it acting.

Euro2004: Shame on him

WC 2006: He should not have even been walking, let alone playing at the world cup. he had a horrific injury a few months earlier and people were worried if he would play again. Just for making it to the world cup and risk in his career makes him a legend. He was one of our star players, that penalty and I believe our top assist man.

Some of his moments for la nazionale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDx8YJA6bI

edit: i think this might be my favourite Totti video on the internet and I have watched them all. Nothing gets me like Totti and Italian pride.

I think he is still Italy's most devastating attacking force, says a lot about the current crop, and hope he comes our of retirement for the WC
I dunno, he never impressed me like he did with Roma. It felt a bit underpowered when he played with Italy, like he wasn't that "comfortable" with different teammates. Obviously, that can happen, but Pirlo, Buffon, Gattuso and De Rossi (just to name a few) always played in the NT like they were playing for their clubs. Totti has never been like them.

Regarding the spoiler: I don't think that would be fair. He stopped playing for Italy years ago, if he somehow says "I want to play the WC" after he wasn't available to play the qualification matches, then it wouldn't be fair to the other players, those who played every match in God knows what country when there were around 23 people watching their games on TV.

bjaelke

Martin Krag @martinkrag
Leverkusen-boss Holzhäuser reveals that the club had deals with Özil in '08 and Gündogan in '11 but he didn't have the courage to fund them.

But he has the courage to step forward now and reveal that he fucked up?
wtzgU.gif

Jack cw

Martin Krag @martinkrag
Leverkusen-boss Holzhäuser reveals that the club had deals with Özil in '08 and Gündogan in '11 but he didn't have the courage to fund them.

But he has the courage to step forward now and reveal that he fucked up?
wtzgU.gif

Thats typical Holzhäuser. He wouldnt risk anything that could mean a possible loss in the end. Thats why Leverkusen is good, but not good enough. Its amazing to see how their scouting works. The lack of faith in those players is surprising because you could see their talent even when they were playing at the under 19.

Jack cw

There was a great article on Kießling that mentioned Leverkusen's scouting. Seemed pretty impressive. Not sure where the article was from though, either posted here or it was in 11Freunde.
True, Bender, Vidal, Sam etc. are good examples but Leverkusens problem is that they dont want to risk anything. I understand this, but it can turn out like the case with Sokratis, were money was part of the problem and why he chose Dortmund.

Lightning

Banned
true, John cross annoys the shit out of me.

Serious question time.

If Wenger resigns and stays for say another two seasons after this(or say five years if he then stays on again), where do you see the club as opposed to getting another manager????
Its hard to say. Depends who we get. If we get the wrong person it will be a train wreck but the right manager could do fine but we're in this excellent position thanks to Wenger and he deserves to reap the rewards.

It's easy to look at the trophy cabinet and say he's useless and needs to go but we also built a stadium during a recession while maintaining CL football and top 4 without any resources. That is remarkable and that man has set our club up for good things for years to come and for Arsenal fans to be short sighted to want him gone even after we buy Ozil, a clear sign of intent, is just not right imo. The man deserves more respect than that, he has earned it.

In the past I've lost my temper at certain results or lack of signings and also wanted him gone but every time I calm down and think it through I'm glad he's still here.

Milch, stay. You'll have to use the ignore list a bit more, but it's not worth leaving a thread that you like because of a bunch of cunts.

I dunno, he never impressed me like he did with Roma. It felt a bit underpowered when he played with Italy, like he wasn't that "comfortable" with different teammates. Obviously, that can happen, but Pirlo, Buffon, Gattuso and De Rossi (just to name a few) always played in the NT like they were playing for their clubs. Totti has never been like them.

Regarding the spoiler: I don't think that would be fair. He stopped playing for Italy years ago, if he somehow says "I want to play the WC" after he wasn't available to play the qualification matches, then it wouldn't be fair to the other players, those who played every match in God knows what country when there were around 23 people watching their games on TV.

the Totti-Vieri partnership was devastating at times.

You are right about the WC
although if it means that the Gila monster does not go then I am all for it
, but I would not be surprised if Prandelli calls him up or at least speaks to him about joining the squad for the tournament. He has been in great form so far this season and I hope it continues. The only reason why I do not see it maybe benefiting Italy is that he and Balotelli both require too much of the ball for them to form a relationship.

Still I hope.

You don't cunt apologist just because it's a footballing forum, or any other reason in the world. You just don't.

You can tolerate them, you can be one of them, but if someone leave because of the cunts, you don't be an apologist about it.

justjohn

Why does milch thinks anyone here actually cares about anyone's personal life. All the insults and arguments here are about football and rarely personal.
You really love dortmund that much huh?

Salazar

Are German football fans particularly touchy? We had a Bayern fan walk out not long ago for much the same reason, correct?

I usually operate with the calming principle that there isn't much any of you bastards can say about United that I haven't, in inflamed moments, thought myself.

Elchele

Noooooo, fuck Dortmund! We need him playing with our youth setup as much as possible.. better not switch to Mexico.

Don't see how someone from El Salvador could play for México.

I thought he wasn't allowed to be in Dortmund until March or something?

He's already in Dortmund U19 team picture. But I think he can't play official matches with them until next year or something.

Its hard to say. Depends who we get. If we get the wrong person it will be a train wreck but the right manager could do fine but we're in this excellent position thanks to Wenger and he deserves to reap the rewards.

It's easy to look at the trophy cabinet and say he's useless and needs to go but we also built a stadium during a recession while maintaining CL football and top 4 without any resources. That is remarkable and that man has set our club up for good things for years to come and for Arsenal fans to be short sighted to want him gone even after we buy Ozil, a clear sign of intent, is just not right imo. The man deserves more respect than that, he has earned it.

In the past I've lost my temper at certain results or lack of signings and also wanted him gone but every time I calm down and think it through I'm glad he's still here.

The thing is Wenger has failed the last few years. He built this team around youth and kept saying in another season they will compete and win stuff and now that has completely gone. He realised it was not working and the only ones from that time are Gibbs/Theo/Ramsey.

We could have won stuff in the pass, but because he decided to change and go to youth we fucked up. The day he let Gilberto Silva go was more imprtant than when we lost Viera. We had an experienced hard working guy who had won a world cup and was one of our best players leave. He could have taught the younger players in the dress room. It was the major difference between him and Fergie. fergie brought young players through the club but kept the experienced legends around to teach them. Wenger would have said "Ok i have an 18 year old Ronaldo, Giggs you are gone"

I also have no faith in him in the transfer market. Ozil was a fluke and had Bale gone to United or Ozil had been willing to fight for his place we would have bought no one. Cazorla was also a tad lucky, because Malaga were needing him off the books.

In all his years at the club he has only bought two big name players, Arshavin and Ozil. There is also the fact that he is biased towards French players. He made gallas captain which destroyed the locker room and led to Toure leaving. He is willing to buy any piece of shit player who is French or had one good year in the French league.

I do not see him continuing to strengthen the squad to a level that Arsenal can compete on three fronts. I also feel that most managers in the CL will be able to stop us playing our football and that we will continuously fall short when a man continues to play with basically the same formation for every game. He can not change much to nullify other teams and outsmart them.

The alternatives??? Well when Wenger goes a director of sport will be used because i doubt the board would want all that power resting on one man again. So it comes down to who will get the best out of our team. I can not see why someone like Klopp or Spalletti could not do a good job. I know a lot of gaf dont like him but Allegri is also a capable manager, especially as manay say Wenger does a great job getting 4th every year. That Milan team was awful last year and he had a great year getting them to 3rd.

I also would love to see Prandelli. He did a great job at Fiorentina and is doing an amazing job with Italy. He plays attacking football and is a vastly superior tactician to Wenger. And he is properly available in July.

justjohn

I think arsenal fans are the most thickskinned. The amount of abuse they've taken over the last few months and still standing tall should be a lesson to our german cousins. Although lightning almost cracked.

Clegg

Just read that article about United's interest in Mangala. He has a £38m release clause. No chance of us signing him for that money.

arkon

Milchmonster, you goober. Why are you leaving?

Nobody pays attention to the Bayern fans so don't start now :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom