• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

this thread has slowed down considerably. i don't think it's been this slow in the last few threads.

i was always slightly joking around, but football truly is dying.

spidye

this thread has slowed down considerably. i don't think it's been this slow in the last few threads.

i was always slightly joking around, but football truly is dying.

when's the next big game?

I can only think of City-Bayern next week. that should revive football a little bit

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YENROT!

Wilbur

Banned
It's slowed down because Arnie and Viva have work, Will is busy deep in freshers punani, and I'm currently eating bacon after being up until 5 getting borked in Kingston

And I have the ultimate fate of Dave Moyers egg to look forward to

And Bayern fans are bullying poor Dortmund fans? The monsters

Happy birthday Yenrot

when's the next big game?

I can only think of City-Bayern next week. that should revive football a little bit

Dont need big games to keep football going.

Arsenal vs Swansea
deby della mole
How bad will things get for AC Milan against Samp?
Yids vs Chavs
Madrid derby
How will United play against WBA?
the return of Suarez proper
Will Roma continue their impressive start?

Enough football to keep me occupied.

Fergie

Banned
I won't go.

Don't go bro, if someone annoys you, just ignore them. You like the thread don't let a few ruin it for you.

It's my birthday!! And I have freshers flu!!

Happy birthday man!

Not far from the weekend, may start betting again. It's like a itch.

Also fooking GTA.
I find out afterwards that for the last heist going obvious yields best rewards, including not doing Lester's missions until after the last heist. Really wanted that Golf property. ;.;

GTA has also slowed down the thread, but I think most who received it launch must be finished or near finishing.

faridmon

So guys, I'm going to take a break from this thread here. I've thought about it some weeks ago but I like you all quite too much to do so. However, recently I thought more and more about it. I love discussing football and love to read about other leagues besides the Bundesliga. I love a good amount of banter, that's a part of football. I also love the after night stuff. But when there are some guys that just shit on your club without a reason and discussions aren't possible because you'll get "arguments" in the like of "but but but ..." as answer even if you don't talk to them, you just wonder if that's worth your time. I hate to say it but no, I don't think so. So have fun and call me when Andres is back, can't miss out on that crazy donkeyfucker :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't do this!
Who will be my Dortmund buddy :(

This thread sucks

sohois

I was going to express some surprise at Milchmonster wanting to leave, given how much every big team gets dumped on by fans of the others, but then I noticed that Milch is basically the only Dortmund fan who regularly posts.

It must be tough to engage in any kind of 'banter' when it is just you against a bunch of other fans; I can't imagine I would post much if I were the only Liverpool fan.

bjaelke

I was going to express some surprise at Milchmonster wanting to leave, given how much every big team gets dumped on by fans of the others, but then I noticed that Milch is basically the only Dortmund fan who regularly posts.

It must be tough to engage in any kind of 'banter' when it is just you against a bunch of other fans; I can't imagine I would post much if I were the only Liverpool fan.

Dash Kappei

haha,

I am an Arsenal fan who thinks Wenger should go and Totti aged 37 is better than Messi or Ronaldo.

I fight with my own fans and everyone else, nothing can get me down. :D

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck Bayern now and forever

and inter and Liverpool. Fuck you sohois you shan't have my sympathies

Forza charlton

FootballFan

So guys, I'm going to take a break from this thread here. I've thought about it some weeks ago but I like you all quite too much to do so. However, recently I thought more and more about it. I love discussing football and love to read about other leagues besides the Bundesliga. I love a good amount of banter, that's a part of football. I also love the after night stuff. But when there are some guys that just shit on your club without a reason and discussions aren't possible because you'll get "arguments" in the like of "but but but ..." as answer even if you don't talk to them, you just wonder if that's worth your time. I hate to say it but no, I don't think so. So have fun and call me when Andres is back, can't miss out on that crazy donkeyfucker :D

:( fucking Bayern fans

Was much better when we were kicking everyone's ass. Thank god it's going to be like that again with Neymar now.

FootballFan

I would love to see Juve-Barca. Vidal, Pogba and the back three will kill Neymar in a game.

You don't know that and neither do I.

What we do know and have seen though is, Ozil not doing shit in Clasico's, even in the one against Pinto, Adriano at CB, Bartra, Montoya. :lol

sohois

Fuck Bayern now and forever

and inter and Liverpool. Fuck you sohois you shan't have my sympathies

Forza charlton

Why would I need your sympathies? First of all I am not the only Liverpool fan, that was just an example. Secondly I support a team with a progressive and visionary manger whilst you have some kind of withered dinosaur. And not to mention that I was able to long ago escape the shithole known as Sutton whilst you appear to be stuck there, judging from your earlier kingston mention.

You don't know that and neither do I.

What we do know and have seen though is, Ozil not doing shit in Clasico's, even in the one against Pinto, Adriano at CB, Bartra, Montoya. :lol

I so want to see it happen. I think it would be a cracking matchup. Last season I think it would have been 50-50 if Juve had beat Munich. This season is still too early to call. Except Lichsteiner owning neymar.:D

Fergie

Banned
ku-medium.gif

Jose Mourinho battled to avoid a potential war of words with Andre Villas-Boas on Friday, but eventually confessed he "is not interested" in what the Tottenham boss has to say about their relationship.

Villas-Boas explained this week he was forced to step out from Mourinho's shadow after his compatriot would not listen to him during their time at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan.

Mourinho initially opted only to praise his Villas-Boas' dealings in the transfer market, but eventually insisted in a press conference aired on Sky Sports News TV channel that he offered his ear to the Spurs boss, just as he does any coach:

I'm not keen to discuss personal relationships with the media. I think it's a personal thing and I'm not keen to discuss this with you.

I don't care what he says. I'm here not to comment on what he says. I'm not interested.

I've had so many assistants in my career, I was an open book to all of them. I'm trying to do the same now at Chelsea.

I'm an open book. After that, if they want to read the book or not is their problem. It's not my problem.

Villas-Boas had also offered some potentially inflammatory views on Juan Mata, a player currently out of favour with Mourinho, who has told him to adapt his role within the side.

The Spurs boss, who tried to sign Mata in the summer, highlighted the fact he always played the Spaniard during his time as Chelsea manager, but Mourinho preferred to focus on Mata's current path of development at Stamford Bridge.

In Mourinho's eyes, the playmaker made a significant improvement in the League Cup win, which saw Chelsea beat Swindon 2-0 with Mata creating the first.

Chelsea head to Tottenham in Saturday's early kick-off this weekend.

Yen

Thanks guys!

Figo has joined twitter. He follows Matthew Briggs, Titi Camara, and Terry McDermott, which is odd.

And I see Mourinho being a bit bitchy about his relationship with AVB.

"Mourinho ... thought that Ferguson was, besides his ally, also his friend and godfather. He was convinced that they were tied by a relationship of genuine trust. He thought that his fabulous collection of titles constituted an 'endorsement' unreachable to any other contenders. When he knew that Ferguson had chosen Moyes, the Everton coach, he was struck by a terrible disbelief. Moyes hadn't won absolutely anything!"

Torres said that Mourinho was on the phone constantly to his sports agency Gestifute. "Mourinho wouldn't stop calling them. His 'interlocutors' had heard him sob loudly and they were spreading the word. The most feared man in the company was crushed."

The book, whose account has been denied by Mourinho's adviser, goes on to describe the Portuguese spending a sleepless night in a hotel in Madrid, "the most unfortunate hours of Mourinho's phase as Real Madrid coach. He endured them between dozing and waking, glued to his mobile phone in search of clarifications, on the night of the 7th and the morning of the 8th of May, tucked into the Sheraton Mirasierra hotel." Moyes's appointment was made official on 9 May.

Wow, spanish journalists are still butt hurt about Mou heh? Man how sad that you would make up this shit to sell a couple more copies of your shitty book.

Tc91

Damnnnnn Steven Fletcher out for 6 weeks. Sorry Hixx :(

Wenger says he's ready to sign a new contract with Arsenal and wants to spend his whole career there. :loooool Timerda you're stuck with Blanc :DDDDDD

Hixx

Damnnnnn Steven Fletcher out for 6 weeks. Sorry Hixx :(

Shame he will miss Newcastle but first two weeks are Liverpool and Man Utd, games that we expect nothing from anyway, then 2 weeks international break. So it's 'only' Swansea and Newcastle that he will miss which will be v important games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom