• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck United and you

kiss me hard

fuck u for destroying shinji

#freeshinji

kiss me harder

Why would I need your sympathies? First of all I am not the only Liverpool fan, that was just an example. Secondly I support a team with a progressive and visionary manger whilst you have some kind of withered dinosaur. And not to mention that I was able to long ago escape the shithole known as Sutton whilst you appear to be stuck there, judging from your earlier kingston mention.

Looooooooool oh my god I am about to kip eternally

The fact you even responded to that post with anything other than the content that Blablurn and fry did is hilarious hahahaha

Please enjoy ur moral superiority because you don't live in Sutton and you have a manger who got his teeth done

So guys, I'm going to take a break from this thread here. I've thought about it some weeks ago but I like you all quite too much to do so. However, recently I thought more and more about it. I love discussing football and love to read about other leagues besides the Bundesliga. I love a good amount of banter, that's a part of football. I also love the after night stuff. But when there are some guys that just shit on your club without a reason and discussions aren't possible because you'll get "arguments" in the like of "but but but ..." as answer even if you don't talk to them, you just wonder if that's worth your time. I hate to say it but no, I don't think so. So have fun and call me when Andres is back, can't miss out on that crazy donkeyfucker :D

:(

SD2Z5cC.jpg

Blablurn

kiss me hard

kiss me harder

The fact you even responded to that post with anything other than the content that Blablurn and fry did is hilarious hahahaha

Please enjoy ur moral superiority because you don't live in Sutton and you have a manger who got his teeth done

haha, i think you're funny. im sure we would have a good time on a day out!

omgkitty

So guys, I'm going to take a break from this thread here. I've thought about it some weeks ago but I like you all quite too much to do so. However, recently I thought more and more about it. I love discussing football and love to read about other leagues besides the Bundesliga. I love a good amount of banter, that's a part of football. I also love the after night stuff. But when there are some guys that just shit on your club without a reason and discussions aren't possible because you'll get "arguments" in the like of "but but but ..." as answer even if you don't talk to them, you just wonder if that's worth your time. I hate to say it but no, I don't think so. So have fun and call me when Andres is back, can't miss out on that crazy donkeyfucker :D

2563fd188598c3d6b2aafbf2c02d5014.jpg

"Even now Villas-Boas resembles at times in his dreamily earnest TV appearances not so much a football manager as an extremely convincing life-sized wedding cake figurine, a marzipan groom snatched from his unicorn and prodded out in front of the cameras to talk, slightly sadly, about the mood within the collective philosophy of the group and the condition of the players within the shared dynamic mentality and all those other Villas-Boas-isms that at first sound entirely sensible but will often turn out to only half mean something, to have melted sideways into a world of woozy almost-sense, coming on in his least coherent moments like a handsome industrial android reciting passages from a European business manual through an off the shelf internet translation service."

No prizes for guessing who wrote this.

"Even now Villas-Boas resembles at times in his dreamily earnest TV appearances not so much a football manager as an extremely convincing life-sized wedding cake figurine, a marzipan groom snatched from his unicorn and prodded out in front of the cameras to talk, slightly sadly, about the mood within the collective philosophy of the group and the condition of the players within the shared dynamic mentality and all those other Villas-Boas-isms that at first sound entirely sensible but will often turn out to only half mean something, to have melted sideways into a world of woozy almost-sense, coming on in his least coherent moments like a handsome industrial android reciting passages from a European business manual through an off the shelf internet translation service."

No prizes for guessing who wrote this.

Full stops must have gotten expensive, Barney.

Blablurn

One day <3 we'll get drunk and go to the Allianz and you'll try really hard to stop me from burning it down.

It'll be such fun!

lol, but only when 1860 is playing.

btw, damn, im playing gta on ps3 and its full of jaggies. no AA at all? i watched a shitton of streams and it looked great there.

faridmon

Lots of action in Norway today. Mini-Bendtner arrested and Drillo sacked. Must be exciting.

Drillo sacking made my day. He was a dinosaur who didn't go well with today's tactics. Old fashioned with no collar bone to justify his results and picked players who were out of form just because he ''believed'' in them. Fuck him and Fuck NFF for hiring him to ruin our football. Hopefully the next guy who comes in knows a thing or two about modern football.
I really don't know why wouldn't we hire a foreign manager. We never had a one that had so much about international football and because of that dumb pride, we will never progress.

Didn't know about the arrest though, since I never cared about over-hyped players but will read it now that you mentioned it.

sohois

kiss me hard

kiss me harder

that was not a serious post. you'll notice I've never bothered to engage in manager related trashing, and furthermore i actually like Sutton. my family still lives there. perhaps the tone was wrong

Wilbur

Banned
sohois kiss me very hard and i will forget it ever happened

Maroon 5, Pappe you cunt I just spat out lucozade on the tram

faridmon

Per-Mathias Høgmo is the next Norwegian Manager.

:/

Drillo '' I am surprised and shocked about this decision''

Kiss my ass, you don't even see what you have done to the country's footballing status you fucking dinosaur.
Reading Norwegian comments on Massage boards, can't really believe how many people support Drillo. Bloody Hell, the country is going bonkers.

Manager

Fyi Fantasy league etc, Aguero out this weekend.

Pellegrini said: "Aguero finished the last derby in the last play with a small pain, I think it was nothing important but I think it was a risk for him to play three games in the same week.

"We will leave him for next Wednesday but he will be absolutely fine."

Fyi Fantasy league etc, Aguero out this weekend.

Pellegrini said: "Aguero finished the last derby in the last play with a small pain, I think it was nothing important but I think it was a risk for him to play three games in the same week.

"We will leave him for next Wednesday but he will be absolutely fine."

Might have to use my wildcard this week. Not happy with my team at all

Meier

Who made Milch leave? Bayern fans? Pulga? Lambda?

jack cw mostly if I had to guess. His response was really pretty shitty too. Blablurn's constant posting of Dortmund is so unlikeable or whatever it was he kept spamming the other day probably didn't help.

FYI to FPL players and Villa fans: No Aguero in the game against Villa. Being saved for Wednesday. Hopefully Jovetic starts up front rather than having both Negredo and Dzeko together.

Edit: Oops, looks like Manager covered that a few mins ago. This thread is dead right now.. only 1 page to catch up on instead of the usual 3-5!

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Negredo and Dzeko are too similar to start together for the most part I'd think; would probably be okay at home against a few sides but Villa are going to sit deep and counter attack so Jovetic might be the better shout. Would probably go with Dzeko to be honest; Negredo is less selfish so works better with Aguero but when Jove isn't anywhere near as good a finisher as Kun, you might as well go with the better pure striker.

Manager

Dzeko and Negredo up front then you think? Or is Silva fit/Jovetic ready?

Silva confirmed out. It's really hard to know. Jovetic might team up with Negredo, but may be Dzeko and Jovetic too. Jovetic played 90 min on Tuesday though...

He might try Dzeko and Negredo together but it didnt work that well preseason. Then he may also let Nasri play as supporting striker with either Dzeko or Negredo. Shit, it's impossible to know. :/ So unclear if he'll rest players for CL.

Jack cw

lol, but only when 1860 is playing.

btw, damn, im playing gta on ps3 and its full of jaggies. no AA at all? i watched a shitton of streams and it looked great there.

Maybe your TV scales like shit. Cant you just activate some filters in the PS3 settings?

Wilbur

Banned
Silva confirmed out. It's really hard to know. Jovetic might team up with Negredo, but may be Dzeko and Jovetic too. Jovetic played 90 min on Tuesday though...

He might try Dzeko and Negredo together but it didnt work that well preseason. Then he may also let Nasri play as supporting striker with either Dzeko or Negredo. Shit, it's impossible to know. :/ So unclear if he'll rest players for CL.

It's a difficult one because the players you pick for the Bayern game absolutely have to fit the assumption that you'll have far less possession irrespective of the fact you're at home, so players like Navas and obviously Kun are musts.

Like I say above, I think I'd rather have Dzeko and Jovetic tomorrow, Kun and Negredo midweek. Just makes sense considering the respective opposition I think.

Manager

It's a difficult one because the players you pick for the Bayern game absolutely have to fit the assumption that you'll have far less possession irrespective of the fact you're at home, so players like Navas and obviously Kun are musts.

Like I say above, I think I'd rather have Dzeko and Jovetic tomorrow, Kun and Negredo midweek. Just makes sense considering the respective opposition I think.

It does, but it's 4 days between the matches and he always sub Negredo and Dzeko for eachother. So he could start Negredo and sub him in the 70th minute and still start him on Wednesday. Though, he subbed Dzeko in the 70th minute on Tuesday so it might mean he rested Dzeko for tomorrow. :p

Elchele

sure, like we are going to sell Mandzukic. He'll be our only remaining striker at the end of the season + Lewa. If we sell him, we would have to sign another striker... don't see the club going through that.

Southampton gaf, who should I pick out of Lovren, Fonte and Shaw for FBL???

I can not see palace scoring against them. Just do not know who is most likely to score get an assist. I am leaning towards fonte so that I can get Kolo Toure in

Actually, Liverpool gaf is Toure likely to play at CB this weekend???

I am looking at:

Krul
Baines, Coleman(maybe Toure), a southampton player, Zabaleta
Ozil Michu, Yaya, Ravel M
Giroud Suarez

Jack cw

sure, like we are going to sell Mandzukic. He'll be our only remaining striker at the end of the season + Lewa. If we sell him, we would have to sign another striker... don't see the club going through that.

Mandzukic just said yesterday that he wants to end his career in Munich. Madrid isnt that attractive at the moment for him I think. Things could change though if Lewa joins Bayern next year.

Elchele

Mandzukic just said yesterday that he wants to end his career in Munich. Madrid isnt that attractive at the moment for him I think. Things could change though if Lewa joins Bayern next year.

Lewa will join, that's for sure. But we still need at least 2 strikers in our squad, Pizarro is leaving/retiring at the end of the season, and selling Mandzukic would be stupid because we would have to find a replacement.

I think Mandzukic will stay for at least one more season.

LTWheels

He wont start if we play 3 in the back again (Agger, Skrtel and Sahko), but he might come in as RB if we go for a standard 4 at the back.

I would personally drop one of Skrtel and Agger (is Agger fully fit?) and play Toure as one of the three. Would then start with Kelly at RB. If Kelly doesn't work well, can always shift Henderson, or bring on Skrtel.

Sunderland is an ideal team for Kelly to start playing league football again.

Agger is out of my price range, who is guaranteed to start in your opinion out of Sahko and Skrtel???

I think Sahko is guaranteed to start. You don't spend all this money on a centre back as a sub. Plus I think he is only £5.5m

GorillaJu

With all due respect to Sunderland, their only option against us is Conor Wickham. Altidore and Fletcher are out injured and Borini can't play against us.

We really don't need 3 at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom