• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Gundogan. Just give them 100mil.

Young, Anderson, Buttner and... gulp... Shinji in exchange

Honestly like Tim said earlier, I'd sell him at the end of the season if it carries on like this. I don't want him to go to waste. Berba ;_;

K1LLER7

Koke and/or Barkley would be lovely signings, especially the former. But I don't think they'd be huge statements of intent.
De Rossi? Khedira? El Sharaaway?

Barkley in a season or 2 will be one of the best in the league. Buy now for 25m, rather than paying 50 after a few seasons. Koke is one of the best CM in la liga imo. Doubt anyone would move away from that simeone Atletico team at the moment.

Without Justified, I miss BB already. Need something to fill that 'easy watching drama' hole. Sometimes I think about catching up with Heroes since I lost track halfway through S4, but then I realise I can't be arsed with it. In the last 3 years or so I've watched all of

X-Files
The Wire
Lost
Prison Break
Justified
Breaking Bad

I'd start Boardwalk Empire but I know most of the story turns

MiKeD

Banned
I think I just heard it correctly, but British ESPN just told me that Parma - Sassuolo is part of a "massive Italian doubleheader".

Clegg

Without Justified, I miss BB already. Need something to fill that 'easy watching drama' hole. Sometimes I think about catching up with Heroes since I lost track halfway through S4, but then I realise I can't be arsed with it. In the last 3 years or so I've watched all of

X-Files
The Wire
Lost
Prison Break
Justified
Breaking Bad

Watch Carnivale or Rome.

And Archer. It's an animated comedy and it's not what you're looking for but fuck that. Watch it. Love it.

arkon

X-Files
The Wire
Lost
Prison Break
Justified
Breaking Bad

The Mentalist. With a name that good how can you possibly fail.

FootballFan

X-Files
The Wire
Lost
Prison Break
Justified
Breaking Bad

Chronicle

Messi

Sons of Anarchy, you can watch 30 mins of alright tv and then turn off the last 10 or 12 mins as 9 times out of 10 its an overly dramatic montage with vocals by katey segal.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

X-Files
The Wire
Lost
Prison Break
Justified
Breaking Bad

Battlestar Galactica the modern one, first 2 seasons are the best sci-fi on tv ever and yeah there's plenty of drama in it IMO.

Scum

They cut out the best scene. I can't believe they cut out the very best scene. I'm so fucking pissed right now. They cut out ... I can't believe I paid 17€ for this. Fuck this shit.

I don't think I've ever been that pissed at a movie getting censored. What's the fucking point of an Evil Dead remake if you cut out the chainsaw scene.

Edit:
Now I get why it said "Cut Version" while loading. Fuck you USK.

Eh, not ended. Not even close. The neighbors contract has been terminated without period (or whatever the proper English term), they have to leave. Which is a big if, because it turns out these cunts don't give a fuck. Not about roaches, not about German law. They keep partying over there.

Once they're out, the exterminators are gonna "seal" their apartment and then use some kind of fog machine to kill all roaches there. Well, I assume they'll also keep visiting me regularly and apply the poison. Plenty of them definitely are still hiding in my apartment, so they'll also have to give me new traps and new poison.

Either way, apparently it'll take months to fully get rid of them. The neighbors....I should've taken a picture of their apartment. You wouldn't believe what I've seen. Still looking for a new apartment, but it's difficult since I'm looking for one with furniture. If I had to guess from what I've seen, there's probably at least - and I'm not exaggerating - 800+ roaches in their apartment.

You know shit's bad when this has only happened once before in a student dorm facility with ...ten (?) houses in decades. But - and this is the disgusting thing - you get used to the roaches. You don't even scream anymore, they're not even straining your nerves anymore, they're just annoying.

Fucking hell, mate. Hope you can find somewhere else as soon as you can. Put a torch to everything you own. I doubt you'd be willing to take stuff from your current place to your new place. D:

X-Files
The Wire
Lost
Prison Break
Justified
Breaking Bad

Due South.

Barzul

I think Barkley is destined to land in United, I'd want him at Arsenal but we're stacked in midfield. Ok interesting topic for debate, who is better Lukaku or Benteke? My vote is for Benteke but I'm curious what you guys think.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Barkley is destined to land in United, I'd want him at Arsenal but we're stacked in midfield. Ok interesting topic for debate, who is better Lukaku or Benteke? My vote is for Benteke but I'm curious what you guys think.

Not sure really. I think Lukaku is still a bit more raw than Benteke when it comes to composure and control of the ball, but then Benteke half arses a lot of the time and comes alive in the penalty box as opposed to deeper a lot of the time.

I think if I was Arsenal I'd definitely make a bid for Lukaku. If Chelsea turn it down then he'd expect to play otherwise I could see him handing in a transfer request

Batigol

Banned

Benteke is better right now, but Lukaku will be better. He's a monster

I thought Dzagoev was playing today. I don't recognize the other two. There is only one South American player who can withstand the Russian cold and it is Hulk. But of course you had to pay millions for him to withstand it :lol.

Doumbia is their striker, who looked like he was in his mid 40s when he was 23. Fernandes is a RB, he is CSKA's record signing. Dzagoev is who they missed most though, I read that they average over a goal a game less without him than with him. Too bad that Slutsky the genius is converting him to a DM though. Oh well, at least that makes Capello wet. I think Dzagoev is coming back from his injury just in time to play (sit on the bench) for the national team.

As for Hulk, no joke, we said one of the reasons we signed Hulk was because he has experience playing in the cold and snow from his time in Japan. #BasedGazprom

rodvik

Dear Manchester City,

For Sale, Ireland's most capped International keeper , already familiar with your club and available on a free.

Lets face it, we are doing you a favour by letting you have him.

Error

Listening to MBDTF after a long time, damn Kanye went so hard on this. Shits all over Yeezus easily. Best Kanye album IMO.

I don't 'get' Yeezus. The music in it seems a bit aimless and it sounds appalling.

I like some of the songs in MBDTF though.

So am I supposed to listen to Yeezus with a different mindset?

Wilbur

Banned
I don't 'get' Yeezus. The music in it seems a bit aimless and it sounds appalling.

Eh if you don't like it you don't like it I guess, don't think it's much to do with mindsets. I think there's 5 or 6 really good songs on Yeezus and I love Kanye but I know people that can't stand the album and can't stand him. They just like gold digger and that's it lol

jtb

Banned
College Dropout for me. Kanye has yet to make anything since then that touches the holy trifecta of Through the Wire/Family Business/Last Call. though Gone is pretty close.

MPW

llorente is shit, why did juve buy him?

can't see anyone beating bayern in CL

madrid still shit in defense

man utd won't go far in cl

drogba still got it

Error

I only liked one track from Yeezus. Most disappointing album of the year to me.

Meier

This continued crap with GTA Online is some bullshit.

I'm a huge Kanye fan but Yeezus doesn't do much for me. Haven't listened in quite awhile.

Just finished GTA5

With 4 missions left apparently?

Suffers badly with the lack of a focussed story and antagonist shifts imo, especially in the middle third. Don;t understand why they didn't use the prison in a mission

Any reason not to skip the credits?

Facism

Gold Member
Just finished GTA5

With 4 missions left apparently?

Suffers badly with the lack of a focussed story and antagonist shifts imo, especially in the middle third. Don;t understand why they didn't use the prison in a mission

Any reason not to skip the credits?

yup.
all that chatter about breaking brad out and it turns out he was dead? i was drooling from the shaft thinking we'd have a prison break to plan and it didn't happen. missed opportunity

Error

llorente is shit, why did juve buy him?

can't see anyone beating bayern in CL

madrid still shit in defense

man utd won't go far in cl

drogba still got it

If we are 100% (unlike last season) whenever we face them if we do, I like our chances against them. Even so, I think it's their CL to lose. They are clear favorites.

Eh if you don't like it you don't like it I guess, don't think it's much to do with mindsets. I think there's 5 or 6 really good songs on Yeezus and I love Kanye but I know people that can't stand the album and can't stand him. They just like gold digger and that's it lol

Nah, I don't hate Kanye. I just like Flashing Lights, Amazing, Power and Gay Fish. If he has more of those I'll listen to them.

Slizz

iv2samTSvMwPZ.gif

So quiet tonight. CL got everyone tuckered out.

ixrAPUliOgLK9.gif

iTprsRheMFSKM.gif

Salazar

So quiet tonight. CL got everyone tuckered out.

That shit was exhausting.

Watch Fellaini piss away 5,000 Olympic swimming pools of possession. Watch ClevGod do his noble, busy, tidy, but ultimately ineffectual thing. Pity Welbeck in the Kagawa zone.

And then see The Ambassador limbering up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom