• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

It must be galling to spend nearly £80m on players and still get bummed at home.

United only had to spend less than half of that to get bent over

#morallysuperior

Bit different when it's WBA though looooooooooooooooool

Lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan pls bend over on Sunday. We need this more than you. -_-

Think about it, we'll help you get rid of secret agent Allegri.

166519_heroa.jpg

confuziz

Banned
FIFA 14 is the most frustrating game I have ever played. Not in a good way.

Unresponsive controls, idiot AI decisions, Goalkeeper is even worse than it was. Everyone is playing Arsenal/Juventus/Dortmund/Chelsea because of the fast paced attackers.

Fuck this shit.

Salazar

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 31m
#mufc made 42 clearances v Shakhtar, Vidic completing 20 of them. He says: “We defended well, but we can create more. It’ll come, I’m sure.”

This fucking club twitter

Counting the number of times we kick the ball away

Fuck fuck fuck fucking fuck fuck twats

Razor554

2hx.gif

dat assist. Hope he's going to keep playing on good level to make that 100m flop aka Kaka 2.0 stay on bench for most of the season. ARG nt shall be unstoppable in the WC.

also:
Bayernfans.gif

lol

rvy

Banned
FIFA 14 is the most frustrating game I have ever played. Not in a good way.

Unresponsive controls, idiot AI decisions, Goalkeeper is even worse than it was. Everyone is playing Arsenal/Juventus/Dortmund/Chelsea because of the fast paced attackers.

Fuck this shit.

You buy shit football games, it's your own fault.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FIFA 13 was great. This seems like a huge step back.

I think you just have to get used to it. Pressuring the opponent and timing of interceptions is much more important now, it was too easy to play like Barcelona in 13. I think it's much better with the slower gameplay.

confuziz

Banned
I think you just have to get used to it. Pressuring the opponent and timing of interceptions is much more important now, it was too easy to play like Barcelona in 13. I think it's much better with the slower gameplay.

Have you tried playing with Cavani or Ibra? You can press the button, take a shit, come back and they still haven't taken a shot on goal.

Mastadon

Banned
Ince is pretty good, I'd take him. Would Blackpool sell for £4m in the middle of the season though? I can't really see it.

They wouldn't have much choice.

FIFA rules mean that Ince could sign for a foreign club in January, for a fee of just 400,000 euros (£335,000). Blackpool would clearly hope to receive far more than that for one of their prized assets but if Ince decides he would like to move to Italy – where his father played for Inter from 1995 until 1997 – there would be little the Championship club could do.

sohois

Tom Collomosse says we're planning to move again for Thomas Ince in January, and that there's interest from Juventus, Inter Milan and Napoli.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-plan-fresh-4m-bid-for-tom-ince-8855577.html

Don't see where he'd really fit in at Tottenham, is he going to replace Townsend or Lennon? He might be slightly better than those 2 but I don't think it would be a significant upgrade and doesn't seem worth the hassle, plus it's not as though Tottenham are lacking in the area and need the depth

The decision to get rid of Ince as a makeweight in a deal to bring in Charlie fucking Adam must rank as one of the worst in recent years. Absolutely mind-blowing incompetence.

That didn't happen, Ince's contract was due to expire and he wasn't going to sign a new one, he had nothing to do with the Charlie Adam.

Sure they would. If they are in a decent position to win promotion then they may prefer to lose Ince for a pittance than sell him for £4m in Jan and miss out on the PL money.

Blackpool chairman doesn't seem like the type that would do that, although the situation might be complicated by Paul Ince.

Mastadon

Banned
Sure they would. If they are in a decent position to win promotion then they may prefer to lose Ince for a pittance than sell him for £4m in Jan and miss out on the PL money.

But doesn't the article say that a foreign club could pick him up on the cheap in January anyway? So then they get next to no money and still lose him in January.

That didn't happen, Ince's contract was due to expire and he wasn't going to sign a new one, he had nothing to do with the Charlie Adam.

Ah, my mistake.

pappe

I shudder at the thought of what would happen when/if United have to play against Barca or Bayern with Moyes in charge.

:s

Wes

venison crêpe
PS3 GTA working for me again if anyone wants to play. Whoever UCK_MY_ICK is, just invited them to something.

Why does the Russian Premier League have 4 Europa League spots?

edit: didn't realise that country coefficient group from 7-9 get 4 spots. Seems excessive for a league with 16 teams, but I guess the rules have to be the same for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom