• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Hodgson's a fucking mong

"When you look at the goalkeepers we have he is clearly the No1. I have great faith in Joe Hart."

Way to tell Ruddy and Forster how well they're doing

"He went through a bad period last night but the five games previously he kept clean sheets. It will take a lot more than a bad game for any player before I start suggesting he needs to be replaced.

3 goals let in against Villa (two at least which I think he was at fault), 1 against us

I don't understand the thought processes that go on in the owl bastard's head

Dat man management.

Well it helps Hart, that his defence is way better than Ruddy or Forster.

Wilbur

Banned
Although he has redeemed himself with his Young comments LOOOOOOL

"I don't like to use the word 'dropped'. He just fell outside the 23, I guess ..."

Too bad he's always falling inside the 18
yard box

faridmon

I have to admit, as much as I love Jagielka and have been proper boss for us this season, save for when he turns his concentration off and concede goals left and right, his England form have been mediocre. If I was an England Manager, I really wouldn't play him, but again, you guys have Hodgson as a manager.

Clegg

I doubt these Song rumours. We already have two holding midfielders in the squad so buying another would be pointless unless its someone of undoubted quality which Song is not.

We're looking for a a midfielder who will get forward and join with the attack rather than sit on the halfway line. Song's lobbed through balls to RVP were rather good though.

sohois

ENGLAND SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Strikers: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Only 2 wingers, James Milner and Andros Townsend. Christ. As poor as they are I'd still consider Young and Downing just to give some other options on the wings. Where is Lennon, is he injured?

faridmon

I doubt these Song rumours. We already have two holding midfielders in the squad so buying another would be pointless unless its someone of undoubtedy quality which Song is not.

We're looking for a a midfielder who will get forward and join with the attack rather than sit on the halfway line. Song's lobbed through balls to RVP were rather good though.

Exactly and that is not bad IMO

Jefferson out for a month thanks to outrageous tackle by Slimani on training. Fucking Algerian, as if it wasn´t enough that he played like a turd in every single match he come on, now he takes out one of our most consistent players.
Rojo will probably move to LB or maybe Ivan Piris will have his chance against Sétubal.
Really bummed by this, we will definitely miss him for the match against Porto on the end of the month.

Wilbur

Banned
I have to admit, as much as I love Jagielka and have been proper boss for us this season, save for when he turns his concentration off and concede goals left and right, his England form have been mediocre. If I was an England Manager, I really wouldn't play him, but again, you guys have Hodgson as a manager.

He's been great for you guys. Surprises me how well Distin and Jagielka are adapting, although I suppose the fact Robby M is keeping 4 at the back helps.

Still think you should be in for a centre back come Jan. Distin's getting on, Heitinga is dog shit now, and Alcaraz is a perma crock

subtles

Hodgson's a fucking mong

"When you look at the goalkeepers we have he is clearly the No1. I have great faith in Joe Hart."

Way to tell Ruddy and Forster how well they're doing

"He went through a bad period last night but the five games previously he kept clean sheets. It will take a lot more than a bad game for any player before I start suggesting he needs to be replaced.

3 goals let in against Villa (two at least which I think he was at fault), 1 against us

I don't understand the thought processes that go on in the owl bastard's head

Neither does he.

hodgson-mental-bw.gif

faridmon

He's been great for you guys. Surprises me how well Distin and Jagielka are adapting, although I suppose the fact Robby M is keeping 4 at the back helps.

Still think you should be in for a centre back come Jan. Distin's getting on, Heitinga is dog shit now, and Alcaraz is a perma crock

Distin is one of the most underrated players of PL IMO. He is bloody 35 year old and have no right to be there. But the level of fitness that guy have is beyond incredible. Very clever on the ball and adapt to various situations. Physically strong and can overpower strikers easily with his blocking pay. Could also play well great as DM.

Heitinga is pure shit and I am a defender of highly suspectable players in our club (Osman is is till lovable and Hibbert could do a job) The fact that he playd shit in the league cup (both goals came because of his lapses) and the audacity for him to say that he is planning to leave in January because he can't compete on the Dutch National sie for the World cup at Everton is utterly baffling. Leave you fucking piece of shit, his wages alone makes my head swirl.

Although we haven't seen much of Alcaraz, there is a reason why Martinez have brought him from Wigan. Although I should be worried about his injury problems, I'll give him the benifit of the doubt because of Martinez.

We still have Duffy as a back up CD and he could do the job very well, whether we need a centre back or not, I really don't know, but again, we are 1 or 2 injury away from mini-crisis so a back up player is good.

Lobbed balls or not, Song is definitely shit.

No

pappe

If Song joins United i am gonna rage. I hate this negativity that Moyes has instilled. Whats he gonna do? Play 3 holding midfielders with Wellbeck and Valencia on the wings who cant cross nor can beat their man?

Song is a good player and his link up with Fabregas was one of the most deadly thing that Arsenal had going on on the absence of Van Persie. If Man United had Song, I could see it having a ''Flamini'' kind of positivity in terms of making sure the midfield is in order for the attacking players to confidently attack. The problem is, does Man U have a creative attacking player (Kagawa Lol)?

Seriously, that bald cunt Rooney. His assists can be fucking fantastic at times.

Oh AS you hilarious shit paper

"The problem of Solbakken's cardiologist is that the patient behaves as if he had just reached puberty. That's why he rolls around when his team is about to score. Fortunately it does not happen so often"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I have to say I find it very strange that Michael Dawson doesn't make these England squads. He certainly has his limitations but he's no worse than Cahill, Jones or Smalling.

L1NETT

Roy grow some balls and stop picking out of form morons who only get in because they play for the "big" clubs.

Where is Ince, Hughes or even Noble he has been in good form recently, stood out in a poor side. This big club syndrome is so backwards.

faridmon

because they started those fake 'we're humble please love us bullshit'

How is it fake?

Its a club that almost got bankrupt and went on to become Champions of germany forr 2 years straight and be a CL finalist the year after, have a lovable fanbase, huge stadium, got an intense derby with Schalke and managed to beat you lot with way less money and power.

and yes, with humble smile of their supporters.

Messi

How is it fake?

Its a club that almost got bankrupt and went on to become Champions of germany forr 2 years straight and be a CL finalist the year after, have a lovable fanbase, huge stadium, got an intense derby with Schalke and managed to beat you lot with way less money and power.

and yes, with humble smile of their supporters.

This is a fight we don't need to have/see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom