• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
today was a good day, I'm buying some strawberry milk to celebrate, where are my shoes

iW0jzGLCXt86Y.gif

The ball hit him from about a metre away, too.

Fucking balsamic decision.
looked intentional on the replay

Suen

I agree, it's more meaningful tiki taka, a point to it other than just keeping it for 90% of the time.

BUT

The defending for both our teams is so bad that we can only pray to reach semi finals in the CL.
Tiki-taka is great though if you just want to keep the ball and waste time when leading by some goals or if you want to slowly make the opponents tired or break up tight defense. If Barca could use both tactics seamlessly...hnnng.

Regarding the defense, imo Barca need a huge change. Selling Abidal was one of the most stupid decisions ever, especially when you weren't sure you'd get a proper replacement. He's old yes but he's fucking good and he has lots of experience. Regarding Madrid's defense....honestly I don't know what is wrong with it. We have the right players, we should be doing muuuuuuch better with them. Assuming Carvajal manages to find his Leverkusen form, Marcelo getting back to his along with Varane it should be a very good and solid defense. Ramos continues to be somewhat disappointing, soon I'll be more impressed by his goal skills than his defending skills :lol

edit: fucking Valladolid wasting those chances.

dc89

today was a good day, I'm buying some strawberry milk to celebrate, where are my shoes

iW0jzGLCXt86Y.gif

The ball hit him from about a metre away, too.

Fucking balsamic decision.

Kolo is such a good defender and he's a quality character and leader. Just what Liverpool have been lacking in defense, he's got a lot of expierience too.

Roma leading by three goals in San Siro (granted it's Inter...)? They are on an unstoppable run

if the score stays the same they will be a perfect 7 for 7 with 20 goals scored and 1 let in. Best league side in Europe right now.

It felt like under Zemen last year at this stage they had scored 23 and let in 27.

Oh Crazy Zemen

Suen

It is gonna happen. Mazzarri hates youth. Kovacic has only started 2 games and come off the bench 5 times.
He bought Belfodil from Parma.

if the score stays the same they will be a perfect 7 for 7 with 20 goals scored and 1 let in. Best league side in Europe right now.

It felt like under Zemen last year at this stage they had scored 23 and let in 27.

Oh Crazy Zemen
Crazy, and this is despite losing Osvaldo and Marq. Would be a nice change to see Roma up there.

He bought Belfodil from Parma.

Crazy, and this is despite losing Osvaldo and Marq. Would be a nice change to see Roma up there.

yet he has only played two games and stayed on the bench today. I never really know if it is the manager or one of the several others involved in transfer who sign Inter players.

Suen

yet he has only played two games and stayed on the bench today. I never really know if it is the manager or one of the several others involved in transfer who sign Inter players.
Parma's current model: sign a bunch of random youngsters, send them all out on a loan, no money left that can be focused on a more experienced player. I have nothing against investing in young players but come on....

Parma's current model: sign a bunch of random youngsters, send them all out on a loan, no money left that can be focused on a more experienced player. I have nothing against investing in young players but come on....

Also they just take Inter young rejects. Icardi in january please

dc89

Why are the FA even bothering Adnan about playing for England.

What a tough call. Play with the likes of Ashley Young at club and International level or go and play with Hazard, Lukaku, Bentekers, Kompany, The Mig etc.

Why are the FA even bothering Adnan about playing for England.

What a tough call. Play with the likes of Ashley Young at club and International level or go and play with Hazard, Lukaku, Bentekers, Kompany, The Mig etc.

He has refused to get called up by Belgium though as he would rather play for Albania... But not sure why he would prefer England to Albania either. ;)

FootballFan

From Yanoozai's wiki

In June 2013, Marc Van Geersom, former coach of the Belgium U-18 and U-19, has declared that Januzaj has several times refused a call up of Belgium, since he prefers to play for Albania.

Albania's coach, Gianni De Biasi declared on 12 August 2013 that Januzaj is a great talent, and that he and the Albanian federation are waiting for the right moment to talk to him and to call him up for the Albanian national side.

The Football Federation of Kosovo have said that they respect Januzaj’s right to decide his international future and that it is not fair to expect a player to represent a nation that cannot play competitive football.

Belgian coach Marc Wilmots has plans to speak to Adnan about his international future. "I will soon do it and it is up to him to decide. Januzaj has never played for the Rode Duivels. Not even for the youth teams. He has always refused." He also insisted that he will not ask new teammate Marouane Fellaini to persuade him. "I do not ask Marouane to influence him," he added. "That is absolutely not his job."

So he is picking from Belgium, Albania and Kosovo. :S

Peco

It would be good to win against Juve, we desperately need the 3 points and beating a major Serie A side would probably boost our confidence for the coming games.
But on the other hand I really want Allegri to be sacked... I'm conflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom