• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Januzaj has lived in England, like what, two years? How sad is the state of English football if this is what the FA is resorting to?

Trying to get a potentially world class player to play for their country? If anything they've been shit at doing so in the past. Our other national sports teams have benefited hugely from such a strategy.

Arnie

Oops, Brendan's been porking another woman.

Allegedly.

I have to say he's got him self in exceptional shape and his wife's a bit of a whale so fair play to him for branching out.

I don't condone this behaviour at all. Similarly I couldn't really care where he sticks his penis.

LTWheels

Allegedly.

I have to say he's got him self in exceptional shape and his wife's a bit of a whale so fair play to him for branching out.

I don't condone this behaviour at all. Similarly I couldn't really care where he sticks his penis.

Clearly it's no woman,

BV1yr-OCYAAy-no.jpg:large

Allegedly.

Didn't he get into shape cos his parent's passed away/are sick cos of a weight related illness...or something like that?

Clegg

Trying to get a potentially world class player to play for their country? If anything they've been shit at doing so in the past. Our other national sports teams have benefited hugely from such a strategy.
And when he goes to City to earn stupid money he'll still be eligible to play for England. So win win for everyone.

Except y'know... us

Salazar

Nice to wake up to a victory, even if it seems to have been a case of Adnan reaching down into the flames with his unusually manly arms and plucking our testicles to safety.

Suen

Sporting is doing quite good this season. Amazing considering where they were last year.

Benfica on the other hand..
Benfica will be defeated in CL, in EL, in the league, in the cup and Sporting will win the league. Lambda will make a new poem for all of us to enjoy, but this time as a Arsenal-hating Sporting fan.

edit: I wonder if Andres supports Sporting as well.

Batigol

Banned
I was born in England, but I would only have represented Italy and if not them then Ireland. If neither of them wanted me I would have just gave up on international competition

It's just odd. Born and raised there, played for Belgium club teams. Only left two years ago, but refuses?

Facism

Gold Member

Allegedly.

well i was saying sturridge was playing like he's had a bit of spunk in him recently

It's just odd. Born and raised there, played for Belgium club teams. Only left two years ago, but refuses?

It is what he feels, I was born and raised in London but felt more Italian and Irish. My dad took me to Italy games when they came to England and raised me watching them.

Maybe he just does not feel Belgium enough.

Naturalizing players is what C-tier nations like Portugal and Ukraine
and Italy
do. Thankfully I think Roy is above that.

Arnie

Didn't he get into shape cos his parent's passed away/are sick cos of a weight related illness...or something like that?

He said he put on loads of weight after his dad died and wanted to get back in shape.

Watching his post match conference today he seems exceptionally grumpy for a man that's just gone top of the premier league. Criticising our game today and reminiscing about how he doesn't like winning on the counter. That's what we've been doing all season yet he's only bothered today.

Definitely been caught playing around.

And that´s done.

17 points from 7 matches, 19 goals scored, 4 conceded and we´ve already played against Benfica at home and went to Braga. Montero´s the league top goal scorer with 9 goals.
Amazing start of a season for a team that finished 7th last season. We are going to sleep tonight on top of the league, waiting to see what Porto does tomorrow.
Next match is a trip to Porto, that´s going to be an excellent match to watch.
The happy days are still here, let´s see how far can we go.

Suen

And that´s done.

17 points from 7 matches, 19 goals scored, 4 conceded and we´ve already played against Benfica at home and went to Braga. Montero´s the league top goal scorer with 9 goals.
Amazing start of a season for a team that finished 7th last season. We are going to sleep tonight on top of the league, waiting to see what Porto does tomorrow.
Next match is a trip to Porto, that´s going to be an excellent match to watch.
The happy days are still here, let´s see how far can we go.
The Cinco Violinos days are coming back soon. Rejoice!

John Beck, long-ball guru, takes key FA coaching role

John Beck, one of the more infamous football managers of the past 30 years, has been taking a prominent role in the Football Association's programme to bring through the next generation of coaches.

Beck, known for his almost obsessive devotion to route-one tactics, is being employed by the FA to help licensed and unlicensed coaches qualify for their badges despite his notorious reliance on long-ball football during a career that once saw him offering cash bonuses for whichever of his players at Cambridge United kicked the ball the furthest.

Sounds about right.

Suen

Evening, all.

Fucking hell! Everything concerning English national football needs a restart, from to to bottom.
Thunder thunder thunderscum hooooooooooooooooo
e

Serie A-GAF, should I be worried about Sassuolo tomorrow with their recent results against Lazio and Napoli?

Well I don't like naturalization of players in general. Of course some cases are worse than others. Personally, I'd rather lose with our boys than win with some naturalized Brazilian mercenaries. But that's just me.
Mercenaries are amazing. Andres would be disappointed at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom