• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

vall03

What a slow boring Arsenal size.

Why no Gnabry? Why? WHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

We really need Walcott back too. Jenkinson is getting into positions but isn't that effective offensively.

Suen

]I like Koscielny but he does so much stupid shit[/B]. Decent point, I guess.

Wenger pisses me off though. throwing on Bendtner to replace Giroud... that's basically waving the white flag right there. what the fuck.
The Ramos/Pepe of Arsenal :/

phaze

howpenalty.gif

I think he catches his leg first but it's a split of a second.

Salvadora

Given how that match went and the amount of games we've had to play I will take a point.

We were poor and Flamini gets too many yellow cards. 4 yellows already? What the hell.
I don't think playing Ramsey was a good decision. Either play him in the centre or don't.

Flamini has to be careful, he's close to a suspension. Stupid cards too.

jtb

Banned
nice thing about Flamini is that he's almost certainly not going to get called up for internationals, so hopefully he's well rested for the next few games.

Really would like to see Ramsey and Arteta in the middle though. Flamini's a good, dirty player but he lacks the dynamism that Ramsey has been bringing so far this season. We signed him as cover and I don't think he should be first choice. Especially not when Ramsey is in such great form.

Wes

venison crêpe
Probably the best start to the league that I can remember.

The "contenders" are all still condensed points-wise. United are only 6 points back which is nothing.
There's been upsets.
Some surprise teams up there (Southampton and Hull)

Hopefully it stays tight until the end of the season.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think playing Ramsey was a good decision. Either play him in the centre or don't.

Flamini has to be careful, he's close to a suspension. Stupid cards too.
Flamini getting a suspension is the best thing that could happen. Play Arteta as a DM, move Ramsey back where he belongs.

At least Cazorla is back now. Hopefully Ramsey injury is not serious.

Oh well Carzola and Walcott after the international break. Top of the League. Easy games ahead. It's looking good.
Looked like Arsenal could have done with Walcott today.

Is Podolski injured btw? Not that he's great or anything but offers something a little bit more direct out wide.

Linius

30 shots on goal is lucky? This isn't Ajax we're talking about.

You guys deserved the win. But as long as you don't score you can't win the match. So if you make that goal in the very last minute that's what people usually call luck. But I guess people in Eindhoven have some other definition for that word?

Probably the best start to the league that I can remember.

The "contenders" are all still condensed points-wise. United are only 6 points back which is nothing.
There's been upsets.
Some surprise teams up there (Southampton and Hull)

Hopefully it stays tight until the end of the season.

In that way, its the best I remember

Severe lack of real quality goals and high-scoring games so far though. Where all the 3-3s at?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our defending second half was just kid shit. Done on a corner and by two uncontested through balls.

When was the last time West Ham scored 3 away from home?

I don't really think that's a penalty but I dunno, sometimes when I'm playing if I get tackled like that it feels like it's a foul cos just to get there Mulumbu (?) has to disrupt Wilshere, it's not a clean challenge IMO.

But yeah not a contact sport etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom